• W - Givani Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Went with Veleno again. I think he's our best C prospect and could be the best center to come out of this draft. I'm a big Berggren fan though so he'll be an easy vote for me at 6.

Add Kotkansalo (sorry Setkov people)

Reactions: KJoe88

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Svech, I think he bounces back after a difficult year last year.

I like Veleno a lot, but Svech's first AHL season was promising. I think he got a little over-confident off of that but I expect him to come in more prepared for this season and regain some of what made him promising. Any gain in skating would be huge, I will be fascinated to see the adjustments in his game. He is still a big powerful man, I am not ready to dismiss him just yet.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Berggren again. I love his high end skill and how he drives to the net.

Add Alec Regula.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I went with Svech because he's shown the promise at the AHL level but has had no opportunity to really stake his claim yet. I think there's something there, but he's definitely got the odds stacked against him with other prospects higher up the ladder with limited spots to claim.

Reactions: RedWingsfan55

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I went with Veleno. Honestly, him being a C goes a ways in putting him above Svech and Berggren. I think they are all second line upside guys, but Veleno will have a bigger impact just because of his position.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I have Veleno next. I think he’s a much more valuable prospect than Rasmussen, for instance. I think Veleno has the toolset to actually become a 2C. I am concerned that a lot of his production also came off the power play as well, however. I think he needs a really strong +1 to shake the doubters.

I like Berggren a lot too, and I have him next, I like his raw upside, I like that a lot of hockey people that I trust are really high on him, I’m glad Hakan Andersson was really high on him, but I think Veleno is a little bit more established.

So for me it’s:
Zadina
Hronek
Cholowski
Veleno
Berggren
Rasmussen

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’m just happy we are picking between guys like Veleno and Berggren at the #5 spot. I went with Veleno, but also like Berggren and the upside there.

My add is Chase Pearson, he has actually had 2 pretty good seasons in college hockey so far. Interested see how these NCAA guys do this year between Pearson, Kotkansalo, and Larsson.

Reactions: TheMule93

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still like Svechnikov here. I'm willing to give him a bit of benefit of the doubt that he can bounce back. In his NHL time so far he definitely looks like a guy that's gonna make the show and be a decent player at worst.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Berggren, feel like he has higher upside than Veleno despite generally being ranked lower pre-draft. Just can't rank Svech this high after that poor of a second AHL season.

Add Regula

Last edited:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Berggren over Svech...its not a knock on svechs talent, which is still there and he hopefully can live up to. That would be huge, he might become a real power forward. Berggren just showed incredible skill, mixed with we getting him in the 2nd round makes it feel even more surreal as a wings fan :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad