Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandel*

val d'or is playing the team that has allowed nearly 30 more goals against than the 2nd worst in the Q tomorrow night. Hopefully he can snap out of this slump and get a couple.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Are Paetsch and Evans on 1 year deals? I'd think they would move on from one of them, maybe even both. Almquist will probably be heading back to Europe. Ouellet, Sproul, and Marchenko should be ready to take over as the teams unquestioned top 3 next year. Ideally you'd like to have a veteran presence back there but I just don't see any room.

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-Marchenko
Nedomlel-Jensen

Evans 1 yr
Paetsch 2yr

http://www.griffinshockey.com/news/releases/?article_id=2549
http://fox17online.com/2013/07/08/hoggan-set-to-return-to-the-grand-rapids-griffins/#axzz2qiLeGrQ5

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
2 games in a row with no points? Blasphemy! Where's Mathletic :laugh:

Still had a very good game. Game is off to a SO. Tons of chances on both sides. Mantha screened the goalie on one of Val d'Or's goals but didn't get the assist. I thought he deflected the puck at first but apparently not.

Victoriaville had Diaby on him the whole game. Kid is massive, when he gets his hand on you it's pretty much over. That said, Mantha and his linemates still generated a bunch of chances on him. Mantha was robbed of a goal also. Even though Mantha had no space to work with, he displayed good passing skills.

Alain Chainey (former Ducks head scout) was doing the game on TVA sports (french sports network). He said Mantha displayed very good playmaking skills tonight as Diaby gave him no room to work with. No doubt in his mind Mantha becomes a top-6 forward in the NHL.

Another Wings prospect was in that game. Philippe Hudon did some good things tonight. Kid will never become a top-6 guy but showed some grit, blocked some shots and forced some turnovers.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Another Wings prospect was in that game. Philippe Hudon did some good things tonight. Kid will never become a top-6 guy but showed some grit, blocked some shots and forced some turnovers.

My guess is Hudon winds up in CIS if he has figured out some of his issues with school. His chances with the organization seemed to go out the window when he left US College and struggled to get going in the Q.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Still had a very good game. Game is off to a SO. Tons of chances on both sides. Mantha screened the goalie on one of Val d'Or's goals but didn't get the assist. I thought he deflected the puck at first but apparently not.

Thank you :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think he's a good goalie in the making, he's just not finished yet. Needs time to develop in the AHL.

But he's not nearly as bad as he was made to seem in the WJCs.

Canada got whooped on faceoff plays in his final game there, he wasn't great but he was a nice little scapegoat for a team that really didn't deserve to win that Czech game. Fucale went on to lose two more games, was in net for them getting bombed by Finland. Turns out Canada just actually wasn't very good.

Brandel*

Corey Pronman @coreypronman

DET's Paterson stole the game tonight. Not a perfect goaltender postionally, but athletic tools/reflexes really impressive.
Will he be in GR next year? If so, what happens to Coreau or would we be moving Mrazek up?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Will he be in GR next year? If so, what happens to Coreau or would we be moving Mrazek up?

Mrazek probably promoted to the NHL, McCollum signs elsewhere in the AHL or Europe and Coreau-Paterson the pairing in GR. Or McCollum stays another year with Coreau or Paterson starting in Toledo.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Mrazek probably promoted to the NHL, McCollum signs elsewhere in the AHL or Europe and Coreau-Paterson the pairing in GR. Or McCollum stays another year with Coreau or Paterson starting in Toledo.
It seems to me like Blash doesn't have much confidence in Coreau at the moment. McCollum basically plays all the games when Mrazek is up and Coreau only has one full game (Oct 5) in GR. Since that, he's been pulled once (Jan 4) and put in once after McCollum was pulled (Dec 26).

Coreau's stats with Toledo: 9 GP, 4.42 GAA, 0.865 sv-%.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Thanks.

So they'll probably let Evans walk. Maybe they could still resign him if he's willing to accept a limited role. He and Paestch are good mentors for these kids, and I think Evans and Paestch are good friends so probably would be a good "locker-room" move.

Paestch-Sproul
Ouellet-Marchenko
Backman-Jensen
Nedomlel
Evans

Pretty solid D there, might be going for a 3peat :naughty:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Thanks.

So they'll probably let Evans walk. Maybe they could still resign him if he's willing to accept a limited role. He and Paestch are good mentors for these kids, and I think Evans and Paestch are good friends so probably would be a good "locker-room" move.

Paestch-Sproul
Ouellet-Marchenko
Backman-Jensen
Nedomlel
Evans

Pretty solid D there, might be going for a 3peat :naughty:

I know this was just an example and probably not really meant to be next years exact lines but of that D core. there is no way Sproul and Paestch are the top line over any combination of Ouellet, Marchenko, and Backman. Sproul is currently on the 3rd pairing with top PP duties and next year he might move up to the 2nd pairing but that would be it. not that it really matters they roll all the lines fairly evenly

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
McNulty just scored a beauty backhand goal. Lots of potential in this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad