Red Wings Power Play Woes

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Of course they are. He is playing on a team that doesn't score very much. A team where every player scores less than they have before. On top of that he has been hidden on the 2nd unit of an inept PP. This team has become the place where offence goes to die.

Maybe we want to keep games at low-scoring mode ?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Of course they are. He is playing on a team that doesn't score very much. A team where every player scores less than they have before. On top of that he has been hidden on the 2nd unit of an inept PP. This team has become the place where offence goes to die.

But we scored 4 goals last night bro :)

Floodgates are open!

Actual Thought*

But we scored 4 goals last night bro :)

Floodgates are open!

Indeed we did! The PP scored too! The minus on our goals differential has shrunken down to -2!

If this team could get their PP back above 20% they could be dangerous. Unfortunately they can't seem to do that and I am not confident they will make the playoffs.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
In regards to the handness issue. I don't recall them ever running Green on the off-side (left) for the one timer. I'm not sure why we are avoiding that like the plague unless he is absolutely uncomfortable from that side. Where was he situated while in Washington specifically his huge year?

the point, pretty much always. usually just one point man.

ovechkin has been the guy on the left side for caps.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Indeed we did! The PP scored too! The minus on our goals differential has shrunken down to -2!

If this team could get their PP back above 20% they could be dangerous. Unfortunately they can't seem to do that and I am not confident they will make the playoffs.

They could be 1st in the division with two weeks to go in the season and you wouldn't be confident in them making the playoffs :laugh:

Actual Thought*

They could be 1st in the division with two weeks to go in the season and you wouldn't be confident in them making the playoffs :laugh:

I guess that would depend on the circumstances. They aren't in that position so I guess I don't have to worry about it. You probably should not presume to know what I may or may not think.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They are claiming they are running a virtually identical system to last year, yet our PP sucks...

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Power Play Woes

I've never really understood the logic behind special power play units. It seems to me that all it does is mess up your first 2 lines and your top 2 d pairings. This usually leads to the 3rd. line and 3rd. d pairing to the ice after the pp ends (one way or the other) and they end up facing the opps. best line who have been sitting while killing off the penalty.

I'd keep it simple myself. Put the most rested of the top two lines out first and follow it up with the other top two line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad