TSN: Red Wings pending UFA Updates

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
How many damn vets to mentor the youth do they need? They already have a bunch of old guys on the roster. If you want a "mentor," you can sign one in free agency for the minimum.
Nothing wrong with doing your due diligence on Nyquist and Howard if they are willing to sign a team friendly deal. If not, ship them out for futures and go big game hunting with that cap in the offseason. They aren’t the vets I have a problem with on the team.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Who ever signs Nyquist will regret it, 30 when his new contract starts, career year heading in to UFA, and only averaged about 45 points last time he got paid, and invisible come playoffs.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Who ever signs Nyquist will regret it, 30 when his new contract starts, career year heading in to UFA, and only averaged about 45 points last time he got paid, and invisible come playoffs.

Because Nyquist has had so many opportunities in the playoffs and played with such high quality line-mates...

Larkin has taken a big step forward, contract year has nothing to do with Nyquist. To me he really isn’t playing that different from the past, just finally surrounded by players that put him in a role he can excel.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I know exactly what my team did, my team burned it to the ****ing ground, then put the fire out, then poured gasoline on the ground, then lit another match and made sure EVERYTHING was dead then they plamted new seeds that grew into Matthews Marner, Nylander Rielly Kapanen, Johnsson etc

But first they burned EVERYTHING
Woosh!

It's already been explained to you. But whatever makes you feel good.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah.... lost me at “NHL Prospect Watcher” and “LeBrun”!
Ive been saying it since Mulbury used to bury LeBrun on NBC. Hes presented as an "insider" but offers nothing but his opinion. Hes completely useless. A complete fraud.

Reactions: BatVader

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I know exactly what my team did, my team burned it to the ****ing ground, then put the fire out, then poured gasoline on the ground, then lit another match and made sure EVERYTHING was dead then they plamted new seeds that grew into Matthews Marner, Nylander Rielly Kapanen, Johnsson etc

They kept Kadri, JVR, Bozak, Gardiner, and Rielly. And they only recently ditched JVR and Bozak.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You know except for we never sucked for years and years. And the fact you have a Wing running things and our old coach. Unlike the Leafs we have not been gifted top picks after top pic.
Wings should get 2 more then upward!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ya this is posturing. He would like to re sign Jensen I'm sure but given theamount of interest in Jensen he'll end up getting his asking proce or more when it comes down to it. A 2nd round pick plus a little something.

Not sure on Nyquist. I think with Duchene being a sign and trade, Nyquist wont be in the same ball park of an ask. I also think Panarin and Stone wont be the same ball park. Nyquist will go for a reasonable price without having to sell the farm like the other guys.

If I'm a betting man, I say the wings end up making 2 semi significant trades between Jensen, Nyquit, Howard, Glendening, Daley or Green

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Ive been saying it since Mulbury used to bury LeBrun on NBC. Hes presented as an "insider" but offers nothing but his opinion. Hes completely useless. A complete fraud.

If you can’t trust the ultra hockey smart mike milbury who can you trust?

Reactions: ricky0034

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I hope they re-sign Jensen if only to take a dman Benning would probably like off the market.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Because Nyquist has had so many opportunities in the playoffs and played with such high quality line-mates...

Larkin has taken a big step forward, contract year has nothing to do with Nyquist. To me he really isn’t playing that different from the past, just finally surrounded by players that put him in a role he can excel.

Yeah what an absolute bum that Zetterberg guy was, that Nyquist always played with. Four playoff attempts and the only decent one was his first, were he was on the 3rd line, pretty much invisible playing top 6 with those Datsyuk and Zetterberg ,who must not have been very good since you seem to have forgotten of their existence.

Reactions: njx9

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

They did? Kadri and Gardiner? Hell, last year you still had JVR, Komarov, Bozak, Martin and Polak.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
if that's the best offer, why not? what are they going to do for the red wings the rest of the season? you have 2 options in this scenario:

A: Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and get a 3rd round pick
or
B: Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and don't get a 3rd round pick.

Why would anyone purposely choose option B?

Good negative spin.

A. Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and get a 3rd round pick but lose a 1st round pick player that you couldve resigned.
or
B: Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and don't get a 3rd round pick but also dont give up a 1st round player and have him resigned.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Valtteri Filppula
We weren't rebuilding at that point tho? We were still a playoff team for several years after that. Not to mention we were 1 game away from going to the conference finals that year.

Don't see how he's relevant in 2019.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Good negative spin.

A. Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and get a 3rd round pick but lose a 1st round pick player that you couldve resigned.
or
B: Finish in the lottery/out of the playoffs and don't get a 3rd round pick but also dont give up a 1st round player and have him resigned.

Gus Nyquist wasn't a 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad