TSN: Red Wings' Miller: 'Hopefully I get traded'

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
On one side, I like his honesty, but it comes across like sour grapes to me.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Seems to have come down with Brooks Laich syndrome by which you put up poor numbers but somehow think a contender is eager to pick you up for some sort of Cup run.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
"He owns one goal and one assist in five games with the Grand Rapids Griffins since."

Teams definitely lining up for this guy.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
lol guy should just be happy he's been allowed to earn an NHL salary for the past decade

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
He's a good 4th line pker, the Wings just have too many overpriced guys that have gotten pushed to the 4th line and too many young guys needing to play in the NHL. Miller would be a fine cheap depth add for a contender looking to shore up their PK. Wings would probably trade him for a 6th or 7th or maybe even for a conditional pick as a favor to him.

Miller is an NHLer, Wings just have too many young guys without waiver options on D that are taking up roster spots.

Also it should be noted that GR is so full of vets right now that two have to sit every night, so he doesn't really even have a spot there either.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Seems to have come down with Brooks Laich syndrome by which you put up poor numbers but somehow think a contender is eager to pick you up for some sort of Cup run.

He doesn't seem to be asking for a contender just any NHL team, maybe a spot opens up on a team that makes a trade and they need filler. I imagine getting back to the NHL is what every player in his position wants. He is on a $1m one year contract, this is could be his last year of he can't get a another shot at the big show this year and prove he has something left.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Guy is in the AHL and wants to play in the NHL. Doesn't seem unusual.

Exactly I don't get why people get so upset about these situations.

They can be grateful for the career they've had AND still aspire to play in the NHL.

Of course guys like Miller and Laich want to be in the NHL, and preferably on a contender.
Who wouldn't? If I had a player in my system who didn't want that, I'd be worried.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Lol. All the guy says is that he wants to play in the NHL and HF posters come out to criticize him en masse. :laugh:

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
He could get a chance to play depth for a bit on Colorado if we end up making a move with one of our forwards.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm sure there is a chance some team will take him for futures and injury depth insurance. May not be a huge chance, but at his salary it's not like he can't stay buried until the playoffs.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
99% of the time players always say they want to stay with a team, even when it's not true. This is why. Now he's going to be hated on and treated like he doesn't want to be there because he answered a question honestly. I wish media would just stop asking questions that they know just stir up trouble.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Exactly I don't get why people get so upset about these situations.

They can be grateful for the career they've had AND still aspire to play in the NHL.

Of course guys like Miller and Laich want to be in the NHL, and preferably on a contender.
Who wouldn't? If I had a player in my system who didn't want that, I'd be worried.

Can't comment on Miller's situation because I don't follow DET as much as TOR but Laich's is pretty funny/sad.

Main thing stopping him from NHL time is his far too big NHL cap hit. If he wants to mutually terminate his deal he could pick up a vet minimum somewhere I'm sure (but of course he won't...)

Beyond that he gave a pretty bad interview where he even admitted the Leafs wanted him to be a mentor to the younger guys, but he didn't think he was a mentor type and just wanted to play hockey. Guy could have carved a niche out doing that on a young Leafs team, but is too stubborn to change his ways and just thinks he should be going for a cup with someone somewhere.

I'm sure clearing waivers was an ego bruise to him...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
There will be at least one GM who does nothing at all on the trade deadline and throws Detroit a 5th round pick at 2:59. It happens every year. The funny thing is that's exactly the type of move Ken Holland usually makes.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
Holland has probably locked himself in his office from this betrayal trying to cope listening to Bon Jovi ballads.

Wasn't Miller Cleary 2.0?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
All he said is that he hopes a spot opens up somewhere for him in the NHL. I don't see what people are upset about with his comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad