Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Flyers | Wednesday 8 PM | Will losing streak end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Can't wait til Smith strings together a decent 3 games in a row so we can all get back on the "maybe he's finally turning it around" train again.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Nyquist - Nielsen - Larkin line has been working, but I'm a bit worried that Larkin hasn't worked out as a C. Has he become a permanent LW or is it temporary?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nyquist - Nielsen - Larkin line has been working, but I'm a bit worried that Larkin hasn't worked out as a C. Has he become a permanent LW or is it temporary?

Blashill said that he moved him to wing to get him going offensively. I still strongly believe that the plan long-term is still for him to play center, and I would imagine he transitions back sometime this season.

I'm personally not worried about it at all. He has the IQ, he is responsible defensively, he literally just needs to get stronger and better on faceoffs. I have very little concern he will be a center at the NHL level.

“I think the biggest challenge [of Larkin moving to center] is faceoffs. To me, he’s got a skill set that lends itself to center maybe even better than wing because he likes to hunt pucks. Guys that come back into their own zone and like to hunt pucks are better at center, because at wing you’re really forced to stop in your areas, whereas as a center you kind of anticipate where the puck’s going, go get it, and get out of your zone. When I talked to USA Hockey world championship staff, John Hynes said he thought his [larkin’s] defensive instinct were better at center. I think it comes down to how quickly he can get real good at faceoffs.”

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...e-red-wings-coach-jeff-blashill-dishes-praise

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I love how after winning 6 in a row the general consensus of the board was "wow, I was wrong...we actually look pretty good"

And now after two losses we just went through two pages of "This guy has absolutely no value to us"... "I disagree, he has very little value, but THIS guy has ZERO value"..."you're both wrong, those two suck, but THIS guys is the worst"

I just don't get when people will learn to not get so high after a win and so low after a loss

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Thank god we got some rest. Expect the team we've grown accustomed to seeing so far, not that crap we had Sunday

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I love how after winning 6 in a row the general consensus of the board was "wow, I was wrong...we actually look pretty good"

And now after two losses we just went through two pages of "This guy has absolutely no value to us"... "I disagree, he has very little value, but THIS guy has ZERO value"..."you're both wrong, those two suck, but THIS guys is the worst"

I just don't get when people will learn to not get so high after a win and so low after a loss

It's been a while that we won six in a row. Including one really dirty win and several that we looked pretty good out there. So, of course you'll admit that you may have been wrong about some expectations. At the same time it has been truly disappointing how they performed afterwards. Tough breaks are part of the game. But they are hard to swallow sometimes. And after delivering quite a winning streak before, it was just not understandable how much they sucked against the Bruins and the Cats - despite coming from a great start at home.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

It's a long season, 6 wins or not, this team isn't very good.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Ugh, XO over Sproul, and apparently paired with Smith? Here come several breakaways and odd man rushes. God speed, Mrazek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad