Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Flyers | Wednesday 8 PM | Will losing streak end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Howard or Mrazek?

Team not pointing fingers during two-game skid

“Just the way we’re losing battles in the first period,” Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg said after dropping a second straight game on Sunday. “I think they’re coming in here with a lot more urgency than we have and that’s something that we’ve got to change. It’s something that I’ve got to be better at in preparing the guys.”

“I have 100 percent belief in the group in this locker room, so I’m not concerned long-term at all,” Blashill said. “I don’t have any worries about the level of leadership or the level of character that we have to a man in this locker room.”

“Leadership is important, but at the end of the day everyone is here in the NHL and they need to do whatever they need to do to get going and ready to play,” DeKeyser said.

Last edited:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Well then, timing is about right to turn that stat around. Not overly optimistic though.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Last time Detroit won in Philadelphia was January 25, 1997.

Is there a more obnoxious place in the NHL to play? The fans throw beer on visitors with other team sweaters on INSIDE the arena. They actually run a courtroom during Eagles games in the football stadium. They actually pelted Santa Claus.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I say Howard. He's been steady in net. Mrazek had a horrible game Sunday no need to force it. Does it even matter who's supposedly the #1?

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Just watched the past two games. Holy cow does the team miss Vanek on offense. I get the feeling we're going to be back to the alternating starts thing until either Howard falters or Mrazek starts stringing together non-apocalyptic first periods.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Last time Detroit won in Philadelphia was January 25, 1997.
Based on the last 2 games, no reason to think that's going to change now. But Philly haven't been amazing either.

Just score more than 1 goal. Preferably an ES goal.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just watched the past two games. Holy cow does the team miss Vanek on offense. I get the feeling we're going to be back to the alternating starts thing until either Howard falters or Mrazek starts stringing together non-apocalyptic first periods.

I'm sorry for your loss. PM me for the # to the DRW crisis hotline.:)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Still no Vanek, still Sproul out for some bizarre, non-existent reason.

Not seeing a good outcome.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Don't understand why Sproul lost his spot.

Abdelkader: 8 games, 1 goal, 12 shots on goal and a -2. Time for him to start earning his money.

Yep, he has been miserable offensively so far. That one goal just happened to bounce off of him, the Abby special. I still can't fathom how Holland thought he deserved that contract.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Don't understand why Sproul lost his spot.

Yep, he has been miserable offensively so far. That one goal just happened to bounce off of him, the Abby special. I still can't fathom how Holland thought he deserved that contract.

Can't have too much offense from your backend, I guess... just don't like XO at alla, so vanilla. And Marchenko has been struggling all season, beats me how both of them are playing over Sproul atm.

Abby is another story. I don't think he has been visible in any game so far. I was hoping he could maintain his play of the best two seasons, and it's early to say, but things aren't looking too promising. Would be different if Abby was just snake-bitten like Tatar, but no. He has been a complete non-factor on the ice so far.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Can't have too much offense from your backend, I guess... just don't like XO at alla, so vanilla. And Marchenko has been struggling all season, beats me how both of them are playing over Sproul atm.

Abby is another story. I don't think he has been visible in any game so far. I was hoping he could maintain his play of the best two seasons, and it's early to say, but things aren't looking too promising. Would be different if Abby was just snake-bitten like Tatar, but no. He has been a complete non-factor on the ice so far.

Abby, Sheahan.

Smith.

Those are guys that should be looked at first for sitting. Sproul was fine if not good. Marchenko's had a rough time but I think not as bad as Smith. Abby's been given every opportunity and still not produced. Same with Sheahan.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Abby, Sheahan.

Smith.

Those are guys that should be looked at first for sitting. Sproul was fine if not good. Marchenko's had a rough time but I think not as bad as Smith. Abby's been given every opportunity and still not produced. Same with Sheahan.

Agreed, Sheahan getting fed top 6 minutes is baffling.

Smith, XO, Marchenko...don't really care which one of them sits as long as Sproul is playing.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Is there a more obnoxious place in the NHL to play? The fans throw beer on visitors with other team sweaters on INSIDE the arena. They actually run a courtroom during Eagles games in the football stadium. They actually pelted Santa Claus.

Hey now, this where I live!

Abdelkader: 8 games, 1 goal, 12 shots on goal and a -2. Time for him to start earning his money.

He'll earn the money on this contract the same way he earned the contract to begin with.

By being one of the good ol' boys.

This all said, I'll be at this game tomorrow night. Hoping for the best.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Abby, Sheahan.

Smith.

All of this. I'm sure Smith gets benched once Kronwall gets back. I'd roll with
DDK-Green
Kronwall-Sproul
E-Marchenko

As far as forwards go, I'm more than willing to sit Riley Sheahan in the press box and give Mantha a shot. Same for Abby if he doesn't start producing more. Maybe try Glendening with Abby and Miller/Ott on the fourth line.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Howard needs to start and Tatar needs to be called out.

Abby and Sheahan need to be healthy scratches. Tatar atleast is creates scoring chances, even if he is snake-bitten AF. Abby and Sheahan atm bring nothing of worth on the ice.

Tatar really is a guy who's whole game goes to the worse if he isn't finding the back of the net. Starts to overcomplicate everything: puck handing, shot selection, passing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad