Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Flyers | Wednesday 8 PM | Will losing streak end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Abby and Sheahan need to be healthy scratches. Tatar atleast is creates scoring chances, even if he is snake-bitten AF. Abby and Sheahan atm bring nothing of worth on the ice.

Tatar really is a guy who's whole game goes to the worse if he isn't finding the back of the net. Starts to overcomplicate everything: puck handing, shot selection, passing...

They are crap too but atleast they hit and have size and can play both sides of the puck. tatar is a mess, he can't even take a pass without bobbling the puck, gets strip of the puck like an infant and can't skate with the puck. He's utterly and completely useless if he's not scoring. He's on pace for 8 goals this season. Not good if you're primary job is to score.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
They are crap too but atleast they hit and have size and can play both sides of the puck. tatar is a mess, he can't even take a pass without bobbling the puck, gets strip of the puck like an infant and can't skate with the puck. He's utterly and completely useless if he's not scoring. He's on pace for 8 goals this season. Not good if you're primary job is to score.
He does this every season. He scores in streaks. He's doing things right though. He's not a defensive liability. He's not turning it over as much as he has in previous seasons during his scoring droughts. He's getting a ton of shots on net. He will start scoring and it will all even out.

I'd be far more worried if he looked bad out there. He looks fine. Just not going in for him.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nah, he's looked awful. Easily the least inspiring forward on the team right now.

Sheahan and Abdelkader are playing but you think Tatar is "easily" the least inspiring forward? Larkin's not exactly putting up points either. And he's been a turnover machine. Zetterberg has how many goals?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Sheahan and Abdelkader are playing but you think Tatar is "easily" the least inspiring forward? Larkin's not exactly putting up points either. And he's been a turnover machine. Zetterberg has how many goals?

Neither is Larkin. difference is he provides another element to the team unlike Tatar. Atleast Abby and Sheahan are big bodies and play physical.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Neither is Larkin. difference is he provides another element to the team unlike Tatar. Atleast Abby and Sheahan are big bodies and play physical.

What is Larkin bringing exactly? Flying down the side along the boards and getting a bad angle shot off?

Are Abby and Sheahan out there grinding down the opposing team? They don't really seem to be noticing. Yes they are physically bigger. No they are not making it matter.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Tatar is a notoriously slow starter. I expect him to start scoring in bunches any game now.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I like Abby as a player, and he brings much needed toughness and grit to the top 6... But he’s even invisible this season so far. A few games I had to check and make sure he was actually playing (He was playing those games)

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
We wont. But to be honest, if there was ever a time for it to happen, it would be the Red Wing way to somehow win this when no one expects them too.

Oct 18, 2006
To me Sheahan has looked the worst of anyone this season. Quite pathetic from him really.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Smith is Smith. I no longer expect anything from him. He's a rich man's Kindl.

Sheahan is just so underwhelming. Honestly his best stretch is still probably his rookie season with Tats and Jurco.

He was really good last season in the last 1/4th of the season. Big reason the team made the playoffs. Favourite run from him.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Tats has been buzzing. Needs the puck more. He doesn't get it with Z though.

I love the guy but he is slightly nuts! I question him netting 20 or 30 goals this season without proper support, I hope I'm wrong.

The discussion of Sheahan vs. Abbie vs. Tats, etc. is pretty stupid. They're all under-performing. HF has never much questioned Sheahan in the past or this summer with a 2 year extension...why now? He's the same player he's been for 3 seasons. Nielsen, Zetterberg, Helm, Marchenko, etc. etc. the entire team can be better. After this weekend I'd say picking apart our players is like debating which method of suicide you prefer- either way you're dead.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I think we're a little overdo for a win in Philly don'tcha think? 1997? Geez!
And Sproul should be playing regardless of Smith or XO. Preferrably Smith right now. Ugh the thought of him on the PP makes me cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->