News Article: Red Wings did make 31M profit with the worst season in their hockey history

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I have officially boycotted spending any money on the Wings until they trash Blashill.
I have a feeling that Blash is going to stay for a while. Yzerman is probably waiting for Jon Cooper to be fired from Tampa, and Red Wings are still going to be in rebuild atleast next 2 seasons. No point to fire the tank commander during the tank.

I could see Blashill re-signed for 2 more years, and lot of things can happen in next 3 years. Tampa could have bad a season and JBB decides to spice things up, fires Cooper and promotes his own guy Groulx as a new head coach. And im 110 % sure that right there and then Yzerman fires Blash and signs Cooper with multi-year deal.

Blashill is "Bryan Murray" and Cooper will be Yzerman's "Scotty Bowman".

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I have a feeling that Blash is going to stay for a while. Yzerman is probably waiting for Jon Cooper to be fired from Tampa, and Red Wings are still going to be in rebuild atleast next 2 seasons. No point to fire the tank commander during the tank.

I could see Blashill re-signed for 2 more years, and lot of things can happen in next 3 years. Tampa could have bad a season and JBB decides to spice things up, fires Cooper and promotes his own guy Groulx as a new head coach. And im 110 % sure that right there and then Yzerman fires Blash and signs Cooper with multi-year deal.

Blashill is "Bryan Murray" and Cooper will be Yzerman's "Scotty Bowman".

I'm hoping you're wrong. I think at most we've got 1 more season of Blashill. I'm not sure who is available next season but I'm hoping that there will be some wonderkid that walks in and reshapes the team into a winner with Yzerman.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Yeah I don't see more than 1 more season for Blash unless the Wings have a miraculous season. I think this will likely be the last full tank season, so going into next year they are going to expect to be a better that is at least near the bubble.

I mean you are looking at:

Bert-Larkin- Zadina
Raymond-Namestikov -Mantha
Fabbri-Rasmussen-Svech
Smith- Veleno- TBD

DD- Hronek
Seider- TBD
Strecher- TBD

That is a team that should be on the rise depending on the draft and who they can land in free agency.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah I don't see more than 1 more season for Blash unless the Wings have a miraculous season. I think this will likely be the last full tank season, so going into next year they are going to expect to be a better that is at least near the bubble.

I mean you are looking at:

Bert-Larkin- Zadina
Raymond-Namestikov -Mantha
Fabbri-Rasmussen-Svech
Smith- Veleno- TBD

DD- Hronek
Seider- TBD
Strecher- TBD

That is a team that should be on the rise depending on the draft and who they can land in free agency.
From a roster standpoint, this should be the last tank season since the team will have a ridiculous amount of salary cap space and only 1 bad contract left on the books, Nielsen for 1 more season.

From a business standpoint, I think it still depends on COVID. Chris starts spending big when arena attendance is allowed again.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
How much did they make when they were one of the worst teams in the league and were capped out?
I would have guessed about the same because while they might have paid more salary, they also would have more income in a complete season. And it turns out I was right:

• Detroit Red Wings operating income 2006-2019 | Statista

You can see that operating income increased substantially with LCA, they can afford to spend to the cap when arena attendance is allowed again.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
From a roster standpoint, this should be the last tank season since the team will have a ridiculous amount of salary cap space and only 1 bad contract left on the books, Nielsen for 1 more season.

From a business standpoint, I think it still depends on COVID. Chris starts spending big when arena attendance is allowed again.

Just did some quick math on CapF, we'll have (guessing) b/w $15-25M after all our roster spots are filled in '21-'22. ~$25 if most are ELC and/or ~$1M...~$15 if we dip into a few UFA's (replace Nemeth, Bernier etc. which should still be cheap.) & sign an impact Top6F/Top4D.

$15M minimum to take on the Killorn's/Palat's & other casualties, & Get Paid To Do So....Muahahahahaha. :D :laugh::laugh::naughty::naughty::nod::nod: :skeptic::DD:cool:

Somewhere Dr. Evil is praising Yzerman. (can someone photoshop Yzerman's face on Dr.Evil while he's petting his cat hairless Mr.Bigglesworth)

upload_2020-12-14_23-6-37.png

Bonus:
Kenny in EDM, right after he trades for AA

upload_2020-12-14_23-11-12.png

Reactions: newfy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes