Confirmed with Link: Red Wings claim Christian Djoos off waivers from the Ducks

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I wonder if there will be a pivot here to replace the depth. Bob always seems to like his depth.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's a shame. I liked him more then any of the other young guys fighting for the spot.

Pettersson has officially been traded for nothing. Yay...

Yeah that line of trading sure hasn't turned out well for us. Seemed like he had at least salvaged an affordable depth D out of it, who was at least more useful than Sprong. Now we have nothing.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not a huge loss, looked ok in a small sample size and that was about it. Good luck to him in Detroit.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Never like to lose a young-ish players on waivers but - barring injuries - Djoos was competing with Larsson and Curran (and perhaps Mahura and Benoit) for the 3rd pairing LD spot. I suspect GMBM preferred the idea of giving more playing time to Curran and Larsson. Djoos would have been in the press box for much of the season. So be it. Hopefully either Larsson or Curran can rise to the occasion.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
26 year old who’s dominated the AHL and SHL. Might be the year he breaks out.

I wonder if anyone offered Curran a contract this year and if not... maybe it would have been smarter to have placed him on waivers...

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Do they still have the rule where we would get first dibs if Djoos is placed back on waivers by the Wings?
They aren't going to waive him lol.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
They aren't going to waive him lol.

I'm not overly concerned about it in this particular case anyway, more just curious if the rule still exists.

At a quick glance right now, looks like he should easily slide in to their bottom pairing, but conservatively speaking he's probably somewhere in the 5-8 range out of the 8 Dmen they have listed on the roster. Though that doesn't include higher upside guys like Seider and Cholowoski who can probably force their way past most their group at any given time.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The bigger loss was trading Gudbranson was not only solid but filled a defensive enforcer role which Murray as usual has not replaced
Its unbelievable how useless BM is, the BM era will be remembered as mediocre in all aspects of a hockey team. Mediocre rebuild, mediocre team, mediocre toughness, mediocre coaches
6 division titles and 2 conference finals is a bit better than “mediocre”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad