GDT: Red Wings @ Calgary Flames - 9:00 EST

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
But realistically, Frk is never going to get us a 1st or 2nd. He's just not...

Frk would realistically never be traded on his own either. He’s an add on. Hopefully a big bonus add on that we’re willing to trade no matter how good his stats are.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Didnt know we were playing. Before I checked the score I called blowout on us with mrazek In net. Team is predictable

Mantha is beasting it looks like tho

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I hate to say it but Zetterberg really looks like hes hitting a wall right now. He's a possession black hole night in and night out, doesn't look very effective out there.

Also, Frans Nielsen has been great in that third line role with Helm. They dominate their matchup every night.

Reactions: Vlad The Inhaler

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Really fun, entertaining game to watch, notwithstanding the brutal defensive lapses. I really liked how we buzzed all game and didn't pack it in when we could have been expected to. I can't believe I am saying this, but I thought the PP looked great.

Reactions: Oddbob

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
* Wings looked good because they dug a hole and Calgary was content to sit back. Don't take solace in this effort.
* Horrendous turnovers when it mattered. All but one goal was caused by a turnover.
* Mantha went beast mode for about 15 minutes. Great pass to Frk. Great goal too. Really dumb plays in the final couple minutes of the game, though.
* Larkin wasn't that good. He tried that skate toward the blueline and blindly dump it deep and hope your guy gets the pass, like the play that worked to Abby on Tatar's winner the other night. This time he saw the flipside.
* Johnny Gaudreau was the best player on the ice.
* Nice game for Nielsen.
* Athanasiou can't find a groove out there, but he made several good steals (five takeaways) and passes to set up chances. Still, the Red Wings can't seem to hit him in stride.
* Can't put a lot of blame on Mrazek, but five goals is five goals. He needed to stop at least one of those. Probably the first one.
* Defensively, the Wings looked a little like they did in the Vancouver game, giving wide-open lanes for guys to skate to the net.
* The lines are all f***ed up.
* How many times did Zetterberg fall? While he's had a few decent games, he's been off since the Vancouver disaster.
* Nyquist has to do more to win board battles. He can't keep playing like boy wonder out there.
* Tatar had 3 grade A scoring chances. I like the way he's shooting.
* Trevor Daley is nowhere near as good as I keep reading.
* Frk is proving me wrong and looking like an NHLer.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Looks like we got Mrazsuck tonight. Geez is this guy ever gonna turn the corner??

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's a new era

SiLeW2Z.png

Reactions: Leronziia

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Larkin -4 tonight.... I thought he played well though
I actually thought Larkin had an off night, he looked slow or gassed at times tonight, and was playing too much on the perimeter in the Calgary zone. Good thing we have E to make that pass of the year candidate on the one Calgary goal though. Also embarrassing is Ozzie putting that E error, on the forwards not helping the D get the puck out of the zone, umm no one is helping anyone out with that kind of passing, on the ice with no mustard at all.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When another team gets 5-6 goals and wins by 2 I consider it a blowout even if we held posession for 59:50

3-1 is a different story. Same with 4-2

The 6th goal was an empty netter and this was as far from a deserved blowout as there is. After the bad first period, we carried the play, then E decided to be E and gift a goal to Calgary and Mrazek made 0 timely saves tonight. We actually played quite well tonight all things considered.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I hate to say it but Zetterberg really looks like hes hitting a wall right now. He's a possession black hole night in and night out, doesn't look very effective out there.

Also, Frans Nielsen has been great in that third line role with Helm. They dominate their matchup every night.

I think Z is gassed at the moment from carrying the team on his back for the first 10 or so games.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Impressed by AA's passing. I think the more defensively responsibile he gets, the less breakaways he will get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad