Post-Game Talk: Red Wings 5 Penguins 4|The ____ Hits the Fan

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Lavs is just what this team needs. Don't think Shero has the balls to can a coach this close to the playoffs though.

Agree he is what this team needs and the same with Tocchet.

The only thing that gives me hope is Laviolette is a Team USA guy so it fits Shero's comfort level there.

Michael8771*

Lavs is just what this team needs. Don't think Shero has the balls to can a coach this close to the playoffs though.
I don't know about Lavs, I like Doug Houda AKA reclining buddha, but that's just me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Neal being an idiot twice in a season...good times being a Pens fan having to not defend a dirty player, right guys?

OH wait.

ObsessedCreative*

Neal being an idiot twice in a season...good times being a Pens fan having to not defend a dirty player, right guys?

OH wait.

Come play off time you know the NHL refs will magically time warp their officiating to 1994 and let everything and anything go I would love to ice a team that is the WORST to play against and put fear into another team.

Not the current happy fun buddie bunch that spaz out like little 4 year old girls resulting in emotion that does NOTHING effective in the game.

Give me a squad with Ott, Clutterbuck, Neal, Torres, Neil etc. and the like all out there through out the line up making opposing teams CRAZY.

But instead we get to ice Gladams... :cry:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah, I forgot to mention the PK work. That's another area where Sutter and Gibbons have looked dangerous together the last couple of games.

Just goes to show what a little speed and skill will do for a pk unit. It's refreshing to see. For too long we've been stuck watching almost exclusively slow old grinders on the PK that handle the puck like a grenade, are content to just dump the puck down the ice every time and can't really put any pressure on the PP players with their speed since they don't have any speed.

IIRC, on the first Detroit goal, we had 4, 44, 15, and 27 killing the penalty. That's a collapse around the net by default. I don't think I saw that combination again on the PK and saw a lot more of 57 and 49.

What a cluster**** of a game. Just one of those that you knew that would lose - somehow. I said after a few games, the Pens were going to be sorry they resigned 4 -He's going to look really bad at 37.

The whole D minus 47 had subpar games. Nice to see 47 on the PP. Would be even nicer to see him comfortable enough to take a shot (he finally did in the OT).

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We will see these kind of games a lot from now on. Teams just want it more than the pens down the stretch . A lot of teams are fighting for their lives to make the playoffs. Pens are just cruising. Thats the same reason why i said in the art ross thread that sid wont hit 110 points or even close to it.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
IIRC, on the first Detroit goal, we had 4, 44, 15, and 27 killing the penalty. That's a collapse around the net by default. I don't think I saw that combination again on the PK and saw a lot more of 57 and 49.

What a cluster**** of a game. Just one of those that you knew that would lose - somehow. I said after a few games, the Pens were going to be sorry they resigned 4 -He's going to look really bad at 37.

The whole D minus 47 had subpar games. Nice to see 47 on the PP. Would be even nicer to see him comfortable enough to take a shot (he finally did in the OT).

His skating and passing on the PP looks so fluid and effortless. Love the way he makes his passes mid stride. He looks like a natural quarterback and seemed to create time for everyone else when he moved the puck. I agree though, he was clearly looking to pass a bit too often.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010

OH wait.

Why do you have to defend Neal? There's nothing to gain from it. The play was dirty, but these kinds of main board threads magically attract a certain kind of people and the verdict is already out: lifetime ban, at least. Just let the kids play with themselves and don't bother going in there.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Malkin was on tonight so naturally the KCS line had to be off. Why can't both lines click at the same time?

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
This game was a tragedy on ice

Dumb penalties
Goals off defensemen
Horrendous call leads to the tying goal
5 min PP with zero shots on net
And lets be honest, when the Wings came down the ice with 3 seconds left, did anyone expect Marc Andre Fleury to make a save? I guess he felt his teammates were getting all the negative attention, so he gives up a horrific rebound on a high shot that - bounces off a defensemen - and goes in the net.

Yoooy..

This game was a 'Malkin' game for sure. Lots of good stuff with lots of ugly. It would have been a good game for the Finish line if they hadn't all taken dumb penalties.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Even if Shero did fire Bylsma this close to the playoffs, he wouldn't bring in anyone from the outside. He'd just promote Jacques Martin.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I agree with what Madden said today. He'd can Bylsma and bring in Laviolette as the HC and Tocchet as an assistant.

I know Tocchet still has a house here in Nevillewood

So basically he threw out a well known name that is available and won a cup 8 yrs ago. Deep.

Laviolette isn't an Xs and Os guy. Just because he outwitted DB once, don't be fooled.

He is slow to adjust and a bad systems guy. He would be like having DB, except he'd over play Crosby and Malkin.

I'm all for a change, but it has to be the right guy.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah... I don't see Lavy as an improvement over Bylsma, especially when it comes to Xs and Os. The only guarantee would be this...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So basically he threw out a well known name that is available and won a cup 8 yrs ago. Deep.

Laviolette isn't an Xs and Os guy. Just because he outwitted DB once, don't be fooled.

He is slow to adjust and a bad systems guy. He would be like having DB, except he'd over play Crosby and Malkin.

I'm all for a change, but it has to be the right guy.

I agree, I just have zero faith in this front office to be able to find that right guy.

SteelFish87*

Even if Shero did fire Bylsma this close to the playoffs, he wouldn't bring in anyone from the outside. He'd just promote Jacques Martin.
so what would be wrong with that?

Martin has only been part of our organization for less than a season, he's not tainted

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So if we had scratched Scuderi, and started some random guy out of the stands we probably win this game right?

Still we looked awful. How can the Redwings be so depleted but still stifle us so well, oh wait.

bylsma1_330.jpg

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
(DET:PIT) Pens get 3 goals from Defense!

Correction: (own goals)

---Maatta (he was bad)
--Scuds (he didn't help Olli at all)
-Neal's stupid head

+Neal getting 10 shots
+Gibbons
+Despres
+Sutter
+Craig Adams, seriously he was a +1 last night.

Staggy: Craig Adams scores his first goal in 67 games!
Errey: How many games?

+ 1 game closer to Bylsma getting canned?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I still don't believe they really practice the powerplay. It's gotta be just, "Hey, go out and there and make something happen with your skill! We don't need any set plays for zone entry or once we have control of the puck!"

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
so what would be wrong with that?

Martin has only been part of our organization for less than a season, he's not tainted

Nothing wrong with it. Just pointing it out to the people that want to bring in Laviolette for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00