GDT: Red Tank @ Red Hosers (7pm EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I've never understood the concept of a "heavy" shot. Do shooters actually add mass to the puck when they shoot?

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
I've never understood the concept of a "heavy" shot. Do shooters actually add mass to the puck when they shoot?
That tends to be a puck that's spinning a lot. It is harder to control and literally has extra energy in the form or rotational kinetic energy, so there is a bit of extra "mass" in that regard.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
That tends to be a puck that's spinning a lot. It is harder to control and literally has extra energy in the form or rotational kinetic energy, so there is a bit of extra "mass" in that regard.
scientists everywhere have started drinking heavily

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Oh I know this one:

1708224885344.gif

Reactions: notDkristich

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1708225039624.gif

Anthony Mantha 🐜 gets the game puck tonight. Behind Strome arguably their best player this season.

Honorable mentions go to Milano, Strome, Oshie, and Protas.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh Twabby, and this is where you are flawed relying so much on advanced stats. As a goalie for over 30 years, a heavy shot means the shooter gets more strength behind it the shot. Strength behind a shot is lowered body strength and wrist strength(shooters with strong wrist get more snap in their shot). Upper body strength can be a factor too, but not with just big muscles, upper body mass. It's why OV has a heavy shot, as he can put a lot of down force weight into shooting the puck! Heavy shots make a bigger thud sound off the goalies leg pads/other equipment(chest protector, blocker and glove).

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad