GDT: Red Tank @ Red Hosers (7pm EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I think the NHL should go the NFL route of review policy. The NFL reviews every turnover and TD, the NHL should review each penalty. The refs already game the system with 'reviewing a major', just take the next obvious step.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Can't recall an obvious high stick called, and then rescinded like we saw tonight.

I still prefer 1 ref vs 2 who still get calls wrong and get in the way every game.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
There was a bit of a screen and it was a 102 mph shot. I can understand that one.
He's had issues tracking pucks on long shots all season. At the same time it never helps that your own teammate takes away your sight line of the shot release. Also, Scott Murray sucks! Kuemper has a slow glove and every opponent he faces has a scouting report on him with his weak glove, yet Murray does not properly help Kuemper correct the weakness. Holding his glove a bit higher above his waist or more in front of him(a technique the Finnish goalie coaches(there is one in Hershey) teach their goalies to master the technique. By holding glove higher, you show the shooter that you are looking for the top glove-side shot and if they shoot lower above the leg pad(as you go down into the butterfly), you twist your glove wrist downward to catch pucks in that area. Kuemper could also be patient stand upright more and go down accordingly to shot level(high, mid level or low).

Reactions: Rockingred12

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
He's had issues tracking pucks on long shots all season. At the same time it never helps that your own teammate takes away your sight line of the shot release. Also, Scott Murray sucks! Kuemper has a slow glove and every opponent he faces has a scouting report on him with his weak glove, yet Murray does not properly help Kuemper correct the weakness. Holding his glove a bit higher above his waist or more in front of him(a technique the Finnish goalie coaches(there is one in Hershey) teach their goalies to master the technique. By holding glove higher, you show the shooter that you are looking for the top glove-side shot and if they shoot lower above the leg pad(as you go down into the butterfly), you twist your glove wrist downward to catch pucks in that area. Kuemper could also be patient stand upright more and go down accordingly to shot level(high, mid level or low).
DK is down too early on everything.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Maybe he is just rising to the occasion and isnt truly NHL caliber, but Sgarbossa looks good to me. So smart and composed with puck. Pleasure to watch him instead of the recent autopliot version of Kuz

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Carlson with a bad turnover, and then just shiat play. Why does he get so much ice time?
Easy, none of the other Caps D-men can provide offense like Carlson. Bear was signed to give the back end more offensive touch, but it hasn't transpired like me and probably some others thought. Mitch Love being an Assistant Coach of the D, he might be making some rookie assistant coach mistakes...

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Easy, none of the other Caps D-men can provide offense like Carlson. Bear was signed to give the back end more offensive touch, but it hasn't transpired like me and probably some others thought. Mitch Love being an Assistant Coach of the D, he might be making some rookie assistant coach mistakes...
He has 1 goal in 2024. I just can't...

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't like the Caps just having this 1 goal lead. They need to get an insurance goal so the Habs become over aggressive in getting back into the game on the scoreboard.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He has 1 goal in 2024. I just can't...
The whole D-group hasn't scored enough. That falls on Mitch Love and Carbery's system. I wasn't expecting the team to be aggressive like Lavy had it, but this is too conservative from this new coaching staff(I'm hoping it's rookie coaching mistakes and not a norm for next season).

lol, glove side...AGAIN
Murray broke Kuemper, as he did with Holtby. Only a different goalie coach will get Kuemper right again.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
The whole D-group hasn't scored enough. That falls on Mitch Love and Carbery's system. I wasn't expecting the team to be aggressive like Lavy had it, but this is too conservative from this new coaching staff(I'm hoping it's rookie coaching mistakes and not a norm for next season).

I wish there was an advanced stat for D joining the rush. My eye test tells me that Carlson has been forcing himself into the attack more the past 10-20 games, but not much to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad