RI

CHoaf73VAAEhgyc.jpg

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I think they have some movable parts still. We're stuck with Porcello and Sandoval for sure, but Ramirez could be moved if we eat some contract; it's only three more years and he can definitely still hit; left field was a stupid plan all along for him though. And I think they could potentially move Buchholz, Napoli, Uehara, and possibly Victorino. Miley isn't on a terrible contract either, but he hasn't pitched well, but a national league team might take him.

You won't get anything of great value for any of those guys; but addition by subtraction. Call up guys from the minors and see what you really have there; then fill some gaps via free agency or trades next year. This year is gone already anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Braves are batting Ciriaco and Lavarnway 8-9.

I think half of their team has played for the sox at one time or another

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The true Pablo showed his colors after he left The Bay...he just keeps proving that its all about him.

So you're saying publicly ripping all your teammates and the organization you've won 3 world series with in the last 4 years was classless? :naughty:

MadderBum*

So you're saying publicly ripping all your teammates and the organization you've won 3 world series with in the last 4 years was classless? :naughty:

:nod:

and telling us fans he wanted to retire a Giant when he had made up his mind in spring training...
a selfish liar who only cares about himself and is, as you Boston are now seeing, highly over rated...I mean who doesn't like Timmy,Buster or Bum??? only Pablo

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
:nod:

and telling us fans he wanted to retire a Giant when he had made up his mind in spring training...
a selfish liar who only cares about himself and is, as you Boston are now seeing, highly over rated...I mean who doesn't like Timmy,Buster or Bum??? only Pablo

I was against the signing from the start. I saw him as a guy who hit nothing more than singles and average, and was eventually going to outgrow playing the field, and that's not a guy you need to lock up for big dollars, long term. In fact, if the plan was to sign a guy and then transition him to DH once Ortiz retires, that would be the HanRam signing. He's a guy who clearly is on that track, because he still offers power numbers. Panda offers singles because he's too fat and slow to leg out a double. :laugh:

MadderBum*

Kinda confused here. Are you a giants fan? What do you have against sandoval?

yes sir
Grandfather had a coronary(not really) when they left the Polo Grounds for the west coast but never stopped loving them...passed down to me like most love of sports teams is and what Pablo publicly did was classless...the Giants made him...took him from obscurity... and he felt "dis- respected" by an 80 million dollar offer???
Really?
And publicly ripping his teammates, except Hunter, is even worse.
GOOD RIDDANCE

MadderBum*

I was against the signing from the start. I saw him as a guy who hit nothing more than singles and average, and was eventually going to outgrow playing the field, and that's not a guy you need to lock up for big dollars, long term. In fact, if the plan was to sign a guy and then transition him to DH once Ortiz retires, that would be the HanRam signing. He's a guy who clearly is on that track, because he still offers power numbers. Panda offers singles because he's too fat and slow to leg out a double. :laugh:

Man oh man as soon as he signed up there with you guys I knew it was going to be a disaster...especially with that media...how do you like his double play hitting into ability??

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man oh man as soon as he signed up there with you guys I knew it was going to be a disaster...especially with that media...how do you like his double play hitting into ability??

like to know what did you do in the last half hour

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The more this team lets the front office do these transactions the more I become uninterested in the team. This team has no soul. It's just a bunch of guys brought together by people who aren't very good at putting teams together. And this comes from a die hard who never missed a game and Went to games. I have yet to watch a full game, and have missed more than half the games. This team needs baseball decisions made, not financial decisions. I'm disappointed in the product. I'd rather see the prospects loose and be in the roster, than see these players that have no heart ,and seem to just collect a paycheck with no work done all week. This team is u fixable the way it's constructed right now. Henry needs to take his head out of his ass and put some baseball people in the FO. Not these good ole boys club to do the job.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
You guys should read some Liverpool Football Club forums, the similarities in thread and post material are quite striking.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Holt and Betts should be 2 of our 3 outfielders. I'm not sold on Castillo or JBJ to take that 3rd spot, and I think we should trade Sandoval which would let Ramirez go back to 3rd.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Holt and Betts should be 2 of our 3 outfielders. I'm not sold on Castillo or JBJ to take that 3rd spot, and I think we should trade Sandoval which would let Ramirez go back to 3rd.

I'd rather they trade Napoli and Ramirez and move Sandoval to 1st. Put Holt at third base and call up Brentz to play left field; even if he isn't doing much in Pawtucket right now. I know Ramirez has a terrible contract, but he can hit and if we eat some of it I think he is movable. We won't get much of value back on either guy; but save some money and see what you have with the other guys. I'd call up a few pitchers too and give them some experience. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I'd rather they trade Napoli and Ramirez and move Sandoval to 1st. Put Holt at third base and call up Brentz to play left field; even if he isn't doing much in Pawtucket right now. I know Ramirez has a terrible contract, but he can hit and if we eat some of it I think he is movable. We won't get much of value back on either guy; but save some money and see what you have with the other guys. I'd call up a few pitchers too and give them some experience. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle.

Sandoval is nowhere near good enough hitter to be taking up 1B.

At least Ramirez brings a bit of power. If we trade Napoli (and I'm fine with that), we need someone at 1B who is more than a singles hitter who bats badly against LHs. Bring in an actual power hitter if we want to contend.

Right now, we have essentially three DH guys- Ramirez, Napoli, Ortiz, and only Ramirez has been decent (at hitting) of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad