OT: Red Sox/MLB 2015 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Can someone refresh my mind on the Varvaro situation (in terms of what happens now that he's been designated for assignments). Can he get claimed for free without any compensation/trade?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can someone refresh my mind on the Varvaro situation (in terms of what happens now that he's been designated for assignments). Can he get claimed for free without any compensation/trade?

We have 10 days to work out a deal with another team for him, place the player on waivers, release the player, or outright him to the minors.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
One of the guys in my office is absolutely convinced that the Sox are going to make a move for Johnny Cueto. That wouldn't suck.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
One of the guys in my office is absolutely convinced that the Sox are going to make a move for Johnny Cueto. That wouldn't suck.

And I am still convinced it's gonna be Hamels. They are just waiting for other prospects to shine in order to make them the headliners instead of Betts and Swihart.
And they "lucked" out that Margot is taking that spotlight sooner than later.
He's probably close to being a headliner in such a deal. Not saying we have no use for him, no matter how many young OF's we have in the system, but he's more expendable than say Swihart and Rodriguez.
They will insist on a SP-prospect, so Rodriguez could become the next hold-up, but I can also see the Phillies settling for Owens. Add in Barnes and Cecchini and we are going somewhere.

The current FO is so obsessed with "short(er)" contracts...and Hamels is actually one of the only "aces" signed on a decent term...especially in length. Everyone else (Price, Cueto...) in the off-season will take them way beyond their comfort zone.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This FO doesn't know what it's doing. They are gradually losing fans with their no common sense moves. Making moves for financial reasons. This team is constructed horribly. I think they did the same thing the time the signed Crawford and traded for Gonzalez. They sign the wrong guys and lose prospects to teams that sign them to an affordable contract. Yes, I know people will give me examples to support the opposite argument, but this is where I stand. It's like they have dummies running the FO with a bag full of money with you know who in the background.

I never missed a game a few years ago. Now I'm shaking my head how they just make mistake after mistake with the teams contracts. I haven't watched a single game this year, and when I do, it just reafirms what I think about Luchinno and friends. No more tickets.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Hanigan is out for a "substantial amount of time" with a fractured knuckle, surgery likely. Swihart is up for the time being as the Red Sox explore external options.

Fortunately, Salty isn't being considered.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Is Swihart going to play full time. Had Hannigan at 900k salary in fantrax and Swihart only costs 500k. Either that or I'm upgrading to Vogt.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well they gave him number "23" so it looks like he's staying for a long time :laugh: Usually give plugs numbers like 62, 70 etc

I'm excited to see him. I remember when we drafted him and it looked like he wasnt going to sign. Followed his career since then. He's a fun guy to watch. Hope he stays with the team for a long time. Sorry Philly fans. You can't have him!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This FO doesn't know what it's doing. They are gradually losing fans with their no common sense moves. Making moves for financial reasons. This team is constructed horribly. I think they did the same thing the time the signed Crawford and traded for Gonzalez. They sign the wrong guys and lose prospects to teams that sign them to an affordable contract. Yes, I know people will give me examples to support the opposite argument, but this is where I stand. It's like they have dummies running the FO with a bag full of money with you know who in the background.

I never missed a game a few years ago. Now I'm shaking my head how they just make mistake after mistake with the teams contracts. I haven't watched a single game this year, and when I do, it just reafirms what I think about Luchinno and friends. No more tickets.

We are paying for our surprise 2013 World Series win still next year Napoli and Victorino will be gone and we'll have moved on but we are only about 20 months out from that. Have been forced to build a brand new rotation from that team as well. Ortiz might be toast and Pedroia might be a no power average only 2nd baseman. (Which is fine Im ready to move him into a Bill Meuller spot.)

Some hits some misses Im glad the farm system is stacked and we are using our resources to get guys like Hanley the teams no worse than our competition in the AL East I think we still have 3-4 decent starters and guys will settle down.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Nathan eovaldi.

What is going on with mike napoli? Complete black hole after a great spring.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Offense sucks when the pitching is good, pitching is terrible when the offense is good.

Really looking more and more like a .500 team

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Offense sucks when the pitching is good, pitching is terrible when the offense is good.

Really looking more and more like a .500 team

Pitching was fine today, I wouldn't say it was good.

Batting has been fine. With the worst runs against in MLB, I'd say we're not even a .500 team, unless our pitching improves.

Acquire Cueto. And send Buchholz to Triple AAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig