RED SOX GAME NOTES

EduBXKfWoAAe9wI

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Lineup should be able to mash lefties at least

I like JD in the two hole a lot

JD in the 2 hole was curious at first, but I've come around on it. Going off last year's numbers, he and Bogaerts were almost identical in OPS and OBP, so either one could go at the 2 and 4 slot. Traditionally you'd put the homer threat at cleanup and the on-base guy at 2 (though again, those numbers ended up very close for both last year), but thinking through it, I like JD having Devers as protection. Xander can get on base fine even if Pillar's behind him, he can select pitches. But they're not going to want to walk JD in front of Devers so he might get some meatballs to smash in the 2 hole.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yeah, Werner is a complete and total buffoon. We should expect that much though, why look for public relations spin from a guy who made his vast fortune primarily through his partnerships with Bill Cosby and Roseanne Barr.
So very true. I still don’t have to like it.

They should really sell the team at this point.

Reactions: lopey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So very true. I still don’t have to like it.

They should really sell the team at this point.

I hate Henry and Werner (and used to hate Lucchino too). Every time they open their mouths I get embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan. But that said, since they bought the team we've gone from a club that hadn't won anything in 86 years to 4 titles in 16 years. Can't argue with the results.

Reactions: lopey and Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
7 thru 9 in this lineup is truly awful.

I'll give Peraza a chance. I feel like with better coaching and lineup protection he could be a sleeper (and he'll probably end up platooning with Chavis anyway). JBJ is what he is (and Pillar/Verdugo will take a lot of his ABs away when everything is in full swing). Chavis can mash, and Moreland will be in there against righties. Honestly I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad