Red Sox/MLB Red Sox Hot Stove: Sign Michael Wacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
they’ll platoon Bradley and Arroyo, sign Schwarber to play left and move Verdugo over to right

They ate Bradley to get the prospects. Binelas is a very highly regarded power bat and Hamilton has wheels and will play up the middle. Got up to AA in his first season of pro-ball

The depth of this organization continues to grow

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
They basically bought two prospects, #16 and #17 on MLB.com's Milwaukee Top 30 list. Binelas was just a 3rd round pick. Pure power guy. Hamilton is all about speed. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's another sign that they're planning on going into the tax this year and then dip down 2023, when they have a bunch of money come off the books.

So we got two Jackie Bradley Jrs for the price of one Hunter Renfroe essentially.

Not terrible.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
they’ll platoon Bradley and Arroyo, sign Schwarber to play left and move Verdugo over to right

They ate Bradley to get the prospects. Binelas is a very highly regarded power bat and Hamilton has wheels and will play up the middle. Got up to AA in his first season of pro-ball

The depth of this organization continues to grow

A ball and Rookie ball is hard to gauge as a measuring stick though. Hamilton looks decent though. I like his stolen base numbers in double a and triple A for the small sample size gained.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rich Hill got 1/5 with the chance to earn up to 8

Paxton gets 6 mill this year. Then there is a 13 mill club option. If that gets declined he gets a 4 mill player option. If the club option gets picked up there is a 13 mill club option for the following year (from Cotillo)

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I do not understand this move whatsoever.

I get Renfroe was bad in the postseaosn both in the field and at the plate and was due arb, but JBJ was HORRENDOUS

Prospects any good? Not up to date on anything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I do not understand this move whatsoever.

I get Renfroe was bad in the postseaosn both in the field and at the plate and was due arb, but JBJ was HORRENDOUS

Prospects any good? Not up to date on anything.
Insiders say Sox got 2 of Milwaukee’s top 30 prospects

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I’m excited JBJ is back

He's a decent glove and it solves the second base issue in a way because Verdugo goes to right, Hernandez goes to second, and I assume Schwarber would get moved to left if he is brought back. Which means, by process of elimination, Triston Casas ideally would be your opening day first baseman unless they make a trade for a player similar to Mike Napoli or Mitch Moreland to fill the gap before Casas is deemed ready.

I just wish Bradley would hit better to justify being an everyday player.

Reactions: Alicat

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
MLB.com has Hamilton ranked 16th in the Brewers' organization, and Binelas ranked 17th.

Binelas was a 3rd round pick this past summer.

Unless there's a moving coming to cut payroll, the Sox are pretty clearly going over the CBT threshhold.

The Sox added payroll, and they took on a bad contract in order to acquire decent prospects. This is how Chaim Bloom flexes the franchise's financial muscle.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Damn. Nick Martinez got paid. Good for him. He was pitching his ass off for a Hawks team on a down year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I could see the owners being petty enough to wipe out at least half the season.
This pisses me off especially after John Henry decided he needed to buy the Penguins. He has no interest in resolving this nonsense

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Binelas is intriguing. Went into the season as a potential 1st round pick. Hit tool struggled and he doesn't have position, so he fell to the 3rd round. He had a really good debut in Low A.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I take a f***ing shower, do laundry, and I check my phone and find out that JBJ is back with the Sox?

The equivalent of this gif is how I felt reading everything that has transpired in the hour that I was off the internet.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Well he’s gonna cry poor now right? After just buying a hockey team haha.

I mean to be fair...he just spent a lot of money on that hockey team so he could have a point...

...even though you could argue that money could have been spent on Mookie Betts and Andrew Benitendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad