Red Dead Redemption being re released

Sep 19, 2008
There were rumors Rockstar would rerelease a remaster of RDR 1 but they just released it for PS4 and Switch. Kind of lame. People are right to be upset.

And considering this is the "2nd strike" (Rockstar flopped at the GTA 3 / VC / LS "remaster") people should honestly be scared about GTA 6 IMO

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Interesting, but the game needs to be redone a bit in terms of extra stuff. The map is hella empty for quite large parts IMHO. E: Seems it is just a graphical update considering it is only being released on Switch and PS4. Super weird by Rockstar here.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Rockstar are more oriented towards live service because of all the money they made and are still making with GTA online. Red Dead Redemption 2 might be the last game they make that helps push the boundaries of gaming.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
When did Rockstar become EA? To me Rockstar was always that company that stood for quality above all. But those days are long gone it seems.

Sep 19, 2008
When did Rockstar become EA? To me Rockstar was always that company that stood for quality above all. But those days are long gone it seems.
most of their leadership is gone. they had a loose culture of harassment which was enabled by Houser and company but they also put out good games. Then Houser and his friends left.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I never played RDR1, but RDR2 was a masterpiece and one of the best games I ever played. Since then I've been wanting to go back and play the original.

But under no circumstances am I spending $50 for a port of a 13 year old PS3 game. That's downright offensive.

I was one of the suckers who spent $60 on the GTA remasters because I absolutely love those games and wanted to experience them remastered (and despite the bugs I did like the new driving mechanics and the improved visuals, I did go through all of them 100% so at least I somewhat got some money's worth of it). But this is even lazier than that, they're not remastering or remaking anything, it's a damn straight port priced at a premium.

If they have a black friday sale or other seasonal sale on the PS Store down the line that drops the price to $20 or below, then I'll check it out. But otherwise nah.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'll wait until GTA 6 to judge that. That's a mainline project.

This is a cash grab, but I think part of it is PS4 isn't backwards compatible. So people who fell in love with it because of RDR2 couldn't play it unless they kept a 7th gen system. Now, the part that surprises me if they managed to port it to x86 architecture why isn't it coming out for PC.

Reactions: TCTC

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
way to high of priced for a portal imo. I read it is going to be 65$ cad. lol. Robbery. will wait until it drops waaaaaaay down before revisiting the west.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't have high hopes on this one running well on Switch. If I'm going to play this again, I'll just hook up the PS3 version.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
$49.99 USD MSRP???

Yeah that’s like $65 here in Canada.

Rockstar are truly out to f***ing lunch at Delusion-Land nowadays if they think a shitty Switch port of a 13 year old PS3 game is worth that much. Even a PS4 upgraded version should be $20 tops!!

Greedy sacks of shit.

They’ve really got one hell of a nerve. Especially given their last insult they half-assedly shit at us, which was the “Definitive Defective Edition Trilogy” of the PS2-era GTA games.

And yet throughout all this, sadly RDR Online will remain abandoned, dusty, and untouched…. :( :(

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
$49.99 USD MSRP???

Yeah that’s like $65 here in Canada.

Rockstar are truly out to f***ing lunch at Delusion-Land nowadays if they think a shitty Switch port of a 13 year old PS3 game is worth that much. Even a PS4 upgraded version should be $20 tops!!

Greedy sacks of shit.

They’ve really got one hell of a nerve. Especially given their last insult they half-assedly shit at us, which was the “Definitive Defective Edition Trilogy” of the PS2-era GTA games.

And yet throughout all this, sadly RDR Online will remain abandoned, dusty, and untouched…. :( :(
Tell me you've never worked in the software industry without saying you've never worked in the software industry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad