Recommendations for a new bag?

bosstown

Aug 2, 2006
I've had a couple of CCM bags and have had issues with each of them. Broken zippers mostly, but also a webbed accessory pocket on the front that rips and doesn't hold up; things like that. It's again time to replace my current bag. Just looking for some advice about non-CCM bags that you'd recommend or wouldn't recommend. FYI I'm an adult player, take full gear minus shoulder pads to the rink, and prefer the separate skate pockets. Thanks for any help!

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I've had a couple of CCM bags and have had issues with each of them. Broken zippers mostly, but also a webbed accessory pocket on the front that rips and doesn't hold up; things like that. It's again time to replace my current bag. Just looking for some advice about non-CCM bags that you'd recommend or wouldn't recommend. FYI I'm an adult player, take full gear minus shoulder pads to the rink, and prefer the separate skate pockets. Thanks for any help!

i use a mission bag

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
unless you are dead set on a bag with accessory pockets, look for a SMI bag or bags based on the design(eagle pro players bag and the like). Most have big, strong zippers, thick material and side(internal) skate pockets.

bosstown

Aug 2, 2006
Thanks for the ideas, I did kind of have my eye on one of the Reebok bags.
Those shockdoctor bags are a cool idea, but based on the (in)frequency that I get my equipment cleaned-- it would take decades for that investment to pay for itself!
But my wife would probably appreciate it if our garage didn't smell like my hockey gear.

greech

Jul 17, 2004
Boston
unless you are dead set on a bag with accessory pockets, look for a SMI bag or bags based on the design(eagle pro players bag and the like). Most have big, strong zippers, thick material and side(internal) skate pockets.

These are what you really want, no-frills, diesel bag. These are what the pros use, you'll never need a new one.

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
I got each of my kids this Reebok 7K wheeled backpack. I wish I could have justified getting myself one because it is a really good bag. This site seems to be sold out but offered the most colors when I bought theirs. There are a bunch of other sites that offer them in limited colors.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I love my Warrior Dolomite bag. I can fit full ice gear (incl. shoulder pads) in it with room to spare, and it has pockets on each end that work well as skate pockets. So well, in fact, that I can fit both skates in one end pocket and use the other for shirt/jersey/socks/etc. It's pretty sturdy so far, no weak areas or rips/tears. I expect it to outlast any of my other gear, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad