Reccomend a shaft for under 60 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
I've been using the Easton Octane all season and haven't had any problems with it. I mostly use it because I'm cheap (only $22.95 USD retail). It's lighter than a wood stick and lasts about as long. I've also found I have a little more zip in my slap shot since switching from wood. I've also seen them at MC Sports, Dunhams, and Dicks for under $30, blade included, but the blade profiles are pretty limited (Sakic, Modano).

I've considered moving up to the Typhoon but I'm fairly rough on sticks and I'd be pissed if I dropped $50 (actually $54.95 USD retail) on a shaft and broke it the second time out.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Icer said:
I've been using the Easton Octane all season and haven't had any problems with it. I mostly use it because I'm cheap (only $22.95 USD retail). It's lighter than a wood stick and lasts about as long. I've also found I have a little more zip in my slap shot since switching from wood. I've also seen them at MC Sports, Dunhams, and Dicks for under $30, blade included, but the blade profiles are pretty limited (Sakic, Modano).

I've considered moving up to the Typhoon but I'm fairly rough on sticks and I'd be pissed if I dropped $50 (actually $54.95 USD retail) on a shaft and broke it the second time out.

i have the octane now, i had was using a broken synergy i bough the shaft from a friend and just stuck in a blade (the blade is what cracked) and i went back to the octane and hate it for some reason, but i loved it before i switched

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
I've seen a lot of Nike shafts in discount bins. They never caught on, for whatever reason -- I like mine just fine, it's not cutting-edge light but handles well.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That XN-10 looks pretty nice, but I already have too many unused sticks. CCM has the Vector 100 shaft, which ePuck has for $40 if I recall correctly. Weight wise, I remember it feeling slightly lighter than the Easton Typhoon.

For some reason my local hockey shop made a couple of mistakes with a couple intermediate Mission products. I bought a brand new M-1 for $70, supposed retail is $129. Buddy picked up an M-2 shaft for $60, and the retail is $80.

Try out the Buyer/Seller forums on ModSquadHockey. I picked up two Cyclone shafts for $20 apiece, and those retail for at least $70 at most places.

IkeaMonkey*

RMU2 said:
what do you guys know about it, how light and does anyone use it?

Got one. Like the feel, great durability. Absolutely eats your palms though.

Joey13

RMU2 said:
what do you guys know about it, how light and does anyone use it?

They are great. The shaft with a light composite blade is about the same weight as a TPS XN-10 or an Easton Stealth (I believe 395 grams - ?). I love the shaft and find it very similar to the TPS Response Plus (red one-piece composite). I also like the whip flex (it feels pretty close to an Easton 85 flex) as you can get off quick wrist shots in traffic and absolutely rifle the puck. I have had no problem with whip the flex and I am 230 lbs. The only down-side is that the shaft feels a little slick. If you like "grip" shafts you may not like it.

I would highly recommend the shaft and the epuck price is an absolute steal. :clap:

IkeaMonkey*

Joey13 said:
They are great. The shaft with a light composite blade is about the same weight as a TPS XN-10 or an Easton Stealth (I believe 395 grams - ?). I love the shaft and find it very similar to the TPS Response Plus (red one-piece composite). I also like the whip flex (it feels pretty close to an Easton 85 flex) as you can get off quick wrist shots in traffic and absolutely rifle the puck. I have had no problem with whip the flex and I am 230 lbs. The only down-side is that the shaft feels a little slick. If you like "grip" shafts you may not like it.

I would highly recommend the shaft and the epuck price is an absolute steal. :clap:

He was asking about the TPS Rubber. Not the Redlite.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
If you are looking for a Rubber, Redlite or XN10, then go to Epuck for the best price now until they run out of stock.

They used to have the Pro Radius Rubber in Yellow and the Regular flex in the Redlite. Plus in the email I got, the sale is supposed to last a week for the Redlite and XN10. Also these are 2005 editions except for the rubber.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
well, the typhoon is a great shaft but combined with a good blade 'cause i used to have a to heavy blade for the stick, it was an horrible feeling! but you said under 60$, i bought mine 90$ CAN at canadian tire! it seems i've been crossed up!

IkeaMonkey*

medmed said:
well, the typhoon is a great shaft but combined with a good blade 'cause i used to have a to heavy blade for the stick, it was an horrible feeling! but you said under 60$, i bought mine 90$ CAN at canadian tire! it seems i've been crossed up!

I use a Typhoon with a hybrid-lami blade and the feel is amazing.

cstu

May 6, 2004
Redlite XN10 is ridiculously light, 250 grams if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad