Recalled/Assigned: Recall Benn Ferriero.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I would have called up Jensen purely to add a shootout threat to the lineup, we can't keep throwing away single points it's gonna cost us a playoff spot.

Jensen was demoted to the 4th line yesterday. He is struggling badly in Utica.....not contributing anything offensively and usually gets benched in the 3rd period if the Comets have a lead because he is a defensive liability. He is nowhere close to being NHL ready.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 1m

#canucks Chris Higgins out (nicked up according to Torts) so Benn Ferriero will play versus #ducks. Eddie Lack gets the start.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I still don't understand why Ferierro gets the call... can't we give our youth some development time with the big club?

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I still don't understand why Ferierro gets the call... can't we give our youth some development time with the big club?

Because we want to win. Mid season in a tough stretch of games where we are clawing for 2 points every single night isn't the time to let some unproven kids come up to get some developmental time with the big boys.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver

if they had anybody worthy of a call up i'm sure it would have happened. this further proves that the drafting has been downright stinky if they are forced to bring up career AHLrs

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Alex Grenier is the only one that I can think of

has he not been said to be the floater type

Ferriero is less of a defensive liability than Grenier

Wetcoaster

He has 96 NHL games on his resume with the Sharks and Rangers. 96GP 14G 9A 23Pts 25PIMs

He would be a player with whom Totorella and Sullivan would be somewhat familiar.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
we don't have any prospects older than 20 who aren't in college?
they have drafted plenty of forwards from 2008,2009,2010, and 2011 -> they just happen to suck...

Hodgson traded. Rodin Europe.
Schroeder on roster but hurt.
Gaunce Horvat Shinkaruk all ineligible due to age.

Jensen has been stated as struggling and not ready. Archie would have been fine, but possibly the Canucks are looking for someone to play on the 3rd line and still add a bit of offence and being a decent defensive player.

Booth moves up and the 4th line stays together, which is fine. Booth has been playing well and right now Santo/Kesler pairing can carry him a bit offensively. 4th line has been ok and showing decent chemistry together.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Guy played a few games under Torts last year, and has spent a decent amount of time in the NHL in the past. Given all the tantrums about how much of a tailspin the team is in, and how the whole season and future of the free world rests on these next couple games, I don't get why it's so shocking that they'd bring up Ferriero instead of having a kid learn on the fly.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
we don't have any prospects older than 20 who aren't in college?
they have drafted plenty of forwards from 2008,2009,2010, and 2011 -> they just happen to suck...

No point in pulling any of them away from Utica to play 4 mins on the 4th line. Grenier, Archibald or Lain would've been the more obvious choices, and they all deserve one with their play, but they've been pretty hot recently and management probably wants them to continue that streak.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Watching ferriero getting bounced around in a checking role... Who else thinks it was dumb to bring him up over archibald or welsh?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
puck was going the other way every time he was on the ice. although the whole team played poorly, he didn't play at NHL speed at all.

arsmaster*

Just a terrible call up.

Really?
I thought he looked quite good. Lots of energy and hustle. Hard to show much with no practice time on a team he's never played on in 4 or 5 minutes.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Really?
I thought he looked quite good. Lots of energy and hustle. Hard to show much with no practice time on a team he's never played on in 4 or 5 minutes.

I disagree. What I saw from him was a player that was fighting the puck a lot and couldn't win one puck battle along with most of the Canuck players. Also, a player on a checking line with dalpe that was simply manhandled physically in every way.

Is he a terrible player? No, but he's not a player that you should call up to play on the 4rth line against big, physical teams.

Last edited:

RezChi

Feb 24, 2013
Vancouver
In my opinion Grenier would probably have been a better pick for this game, kids 6'5 and putting up decent points in the A

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I disagree. What I saw from him was a player that was fighting the puck a lot and couldn't win one puck battle along with most of the Canuck players. Also, a player on a checking line with dalpe that was simply manhandled physically in every way.

Is he a terrible player? No, but he's not a player that you should call up to play on the 4rth line against big, physical teams.

Yes, going through a stretch where we are playing Anaheim, LA and St Louis you'd think they'd bring a bit more muscle and size...

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Media Release - Canucks reassign Benn Ferriero.

Jim Jamieson ‏@JamiesonCanucks
#Canucks reassign Benn Ferriero to AHL Utica. Dog house door opening for somebody?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad