Speculation: rebuild? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
hate to say it but... rebuild? we aren't going to win the stanley cup with our current roster and our prospect pool is basically non-existent beyond potential bottom 6 players and depth dman.

i'd trade just about everyone except lucic, bergeron, and our younger players (pastrnak, hamilton, etc)

:shakehead

all I`m wasting time posting on this one

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
*Engages thick Bawstan accent*

"Yeahhh, guys. I think we should blow up da Broons. They're crap now. They're nawt winnin the Cup this year, so we should trade everyone and staht ovah. I'd probably trade Mahshand and Loui faw Boychuk cause he hit hahd. And den trade ya draft picks faw a guy like Tayla Hawl cause he's a wicked sweet goal scorah. Yeah, that'd be awesome."

qc

Aug 23, 2011
giphy.gif

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
The team is old and has the same makeup basiclaly as San Jose, plus it has lost some snarl. Will happen sometime soon. Its four years since they lost the cup, two years since relevant. Plus Chi hampered the team by giving old players rewards.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The team is old and has the same makeup basiclaly as San Jose, plus it has lost some snarl. Will happen sometime soon. Its four years since they lost the cup, two years since relevant. Plus Chi hampered the team by giving old players rewards.

They were pretty relevant last year.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Old? :laugh: 3/4 of the Bruins are under 30.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

2015 - 2011 = 4 years since they lost the Cup?? :shakehead

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015

Ain't them the roster-fillers? Chara and others of the core are still here. Every team has roster-fillers, and I would not be pleased by just scraping into the cup. Even though the team has been better lately.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
I would stop laughing at my own point thinking about the loss to Montreal. And winning the President' is an empty triumph when its Lord Stanley that count. San Jose won it as well.

So there are 29 irrelevant teams every single season then?

4 years since a cup win

2 years since a cup loss

1 year since the Presidents Trophy

Only older guys on the team are two defensemen and some 4th liners/healthy scratches.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Lucic (26)-Krejci (28)-Pasta Salad (18)

Marchand (26)-Bergeron (29)- Connolly (22)

that is one bleeping old top 6

Smith (23)-Soderberg (29)Spooner (23)-Eriksson (29)

top 9 wont have a player turn 30 till Bergeron does next summer

Chara and Seids in 30's is the issue

Krug and Dougie 25 or under

need to add a young defender

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
And.....you're an Islanders fan. gtfo I hope we play you guys in the first round lol.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Won, doesn't make a diddy of difference. Haven't won since then.

Doesn't make a diddy of difference that they actually won the Cup instead of lost? Tell that to Canuck fans.

Just keep digging kid. :shakehead

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Ain't them the roster-fillers? Chara and others of the core are still here. Every team has roster-fillers, and I would not be pleased by just scraping into the cup. Even though the team has been better lately.

Roster-fillers? I don't know what that means. Are you referring to the entire organization? There are probably a few career AHLers skating in Providence - every organization has them. If you're in Boston, you're playing, unless you're the spare forward/dman.

Here are the Bruins over 30:

Campbell 31
Kelly 34
Paille 30
Talbot 31
Chara 37
Seidenberg 33

A handful of 30+ players does not make a team "old." And if they "scrape" their way to a Cup, I'll be very happy.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Lucic (26)-Krejci (28)-Pasta Salad (18)

Marchand (26)-Bergeron (29)- Connolly (22)

that is one bleeping old top 6

Smith (23)-Soderberg (29)Spooner (23)-Eriksson (29)

top 9 wont have a player turn 30 till Bergeron does next summer

Chara and Seids in 30's is the issue

Krug and Dougie 25 or under

need to add a young defender

Morrow.

And by the time Chara hangs 'em up, Dougie will be a stud.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Roster-fillers? I don't know what that means. Are you referring to the entire organization? There are probably a few career AHLers skating in Providence - every organization has them. If you're in Boston, you're playing, unless you're the spare forward/dman.

Here are the Bruins over 30:

Campbell 31
Kelly 34
Paille 30
Talbot 31
Chara 37
Seidenberg 33

A handful of 30+ players does not make a team "old." And if they "scrape" their way to a Cup, I'll be very happy.

The sad thing is that of that list, they are almost all "Roster Fillers". :laugh:

And as to the bolded, man I would I be so disappointed if they only BARELY won the cup. I want a ******* SWEEP. :laugh:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I would stop laughing at my own point thinking about the loss to Montreal. And winning the President' is an empty triumph when its Lord Stanley that count. San Jose won it as well.

I didn't laugh at your point or say anything about winning the President's Trophy or about last year being a triumph.

They were certainly relevant last year. As they've been since 2009. I mean, if the B's haven't been relevant in two years, neither has anyone but the Kings and Rangers.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The sad thing is that of that list, they are almost all "Roster Fillers". :laugh:

And as to the bolded, man I would I be so disappointed if they only BARELY won the cup. I want a ******* SWEEP. :laugh:

So "roster fillers" = fourth-liners? OK. Whatever. The point is, this is far from an "old" team. I have no idea how anyone comes up with that notion. And how do you "rebuild" a team with a majority of players in their 20s? Trade everybody for draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad