Speculation: rebuild? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
hate to say it but... rebuild? we aren't going to win the stanley cup with our current roster and our prospect pool is basically non-existent beyond potential bottom 6 players and depth dman.

i'd trade just about everyone except lucic, bergeron, and our younger players (pastrnak, hamilton, etc)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Have you seen the goalie???

Our D aren't that bad.

Do you remember 2010 when Rask beat Ryan Miller who was Vezina level that year with guys like Hunwick and Wideman playing huge minutes???

I see problems in a couple years on D but this years team looks fine assuming there are no boneheaded decisions on the forward lines by Julien and Chara and Seidenberg can kick it up a notch. Its a contender if Rask keeps his play up.

Playing every series as the road team isn't a problem we would have a problem winning games 1+2 at home anyways.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
With the recent trade for Connolly, the play of Pastrnak/ Spooner, Hamilton, Morrow / Subban in Providence, Ferlin and 3 picks in the first two rounds, the Bruins have a good balance between youth and core players. Hopefully, PC will address the D in the off season. The future looks bright for the Bruins. I would even think of trading a second Rd pick to move up in the draft to get the can't miss defenceman.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Comon mannnnnn!

The only thing I would rebuild is the 4th line and get another solid defender/drop Bart pick up ??????.

Next year with the mix of youth and vets this team will be fine, Bruins fans are just spoiled of being so good for so long.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
You better find yourself a bar of soap to put in your mouth. This team is peaking in time for the playoffs. I really don't understand why you're now posting this thread. I accept your opinion, but I disagree. Retool in the offseason, not rebuild. There's a difference.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
hate to say it but... rebuild? we aren't going to win the stanley cup with our current roster and our prospect pool is basically non-existent beyond potential bottom 6 players and depth dman.

i'd trade just about everyone except lucic, bergeron, and our younger players (pastrnak, hamilton, etc)

You're an Islanders fan looking at prior posts. You converting to Boston after the Mike Milbury like insane contracts given to Leddy and Manchuck?

Welcome aboard- but tweek the D not a rebuild when your top 9 as of today average age is 26

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I particularly like the frowny face in the title. In the midst of a great run. Well done OP.

There is no need for a rebuild now.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
With the recent trade for Connolly, the play of Pastrnak/ Spooner, Hamilton, Morrow / Subban in Providence, Ferlin and 3 picks in the first two rounds, the Bruins have a good balance between youth and core players. Hopefully, PC will address the D in the off season. The future looks bright for the Bruins. I would even think of trading a second Rd pick to move up in the draft to get the can't miss defenceman.

Damn. The new woman is making me fall way too far behind

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You're an Islanders fan looking at prior posts. You converting to Boston after the Mike Milbury like insane contracts given to Leddy and Manchuck?

Welcome aboard- but tweek the D not a rebuild when your top 9 as of today average age is 26

On other news:

I have a leaky faucet in the kitchen.

Time to rebuild the house

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I agree with the OP that the Bruins are not winning the Stanley Cup this year.

After they lose in the finals, a good draft and a small tweak or 2 to the D corps. and they may win it next year!

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I've always felt that being a contender is cyclical and a lot of GM's hold on to their core too long and end up being on the bad end of it (Calgary, Vancouver). The choice to sell will come in the off-season, let's enjoy some hockey until then. Rask has the ability to win a series by himself, a healthy Chara in the playoffs is still better than anyone else in the east on the back-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad