Rebuild the Leafs organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Can we close this thread. Not a single person has experience. Our team would just be a **** show.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Goaltending Coach - Bryz

When the team has another epic collapse and the media blames the goaltender Bryz can simply comment to the media..."It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" :laugh:

As Bryz is shown the door bring in Toskala for goalie coaching. Rinse and repeat!

Dukes72

Jul 6, 2009
Toronto
Not many Stanley Cup rings in that bunch...thought we wanted a winner? Not a front office replete with too many guys who barely made the playoffs, let alone win a cup!!

Leafspoison*

The disappointing last few seasons have made me realize that the Leafs should follow other organizations leads in bringing back former players to be involved in hockey operations. Who better to understand the pressures of a hockey market, and what it takes in the market, if not former players that were once involved with the team?

I have looked at the org chart from top to bottom, and I think these names could make some sense if they were brought in to help the Leafs. I hope Tim Leiweke takes a look at all the former Leafs players and brings some of that blood back into the fold.

Here is what I envision.

BtWVnHY.png

P7ujZlK.png

Oh Boy. It is good to want things....

Your management team is not realistic at all. Plus, half the fans can't stand a few of those guys like Mats Sundin. Why would you want to hire a guy that played a big part is screwing this team over?

No experience almost all the way down.

I love Killer, but him and I have coached exactly the same amount of NHL games. Um can I coach too?

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
I expect to get flamed, but the most underrated management figure in Leafs org history is... Ken Dryden.Not saying he made the decisions, but when he was in senior management the Leafs were a well run org with results on the ice to show for it.

Always been a huge Dryden fan so I'm not pretending to be neutral, but Dryden is a bit of a forgotten man in Leafs history. I think he shouldn't be.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I expect to get flamed, but the most underrated management figure in Leafs org history is... Ken Dryden.Not saying he made the decisions, but when he was in senior management the Leafs were a well run org with results on the ice to show for it.

Always been a huge Dryden fan so I'm not pretending to be neutral, but Dryden is a bit of a forgotten man in Leafs history. I think he shouldn't be.

Meh. His soliloquies put me to sleep.

What about Carlton the Bear? Loyal foot soldier yet the organization can't find a management or scout position for him?

Unreal man.

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Not many Stanley Cup rings in that bunch...thought we wanted a winner? Not a front office replete with too many guys who barely made the playoffs, let alone win a cup!!

Keon has Cups in upper management and Gilmour and Muller for the coaching staff. Scouts are a bit light in Stanley cup experience but sometimes just regular players make the best scouts.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Plus, half the fans can't stand a few of those guys like Mats Sundin. Why would you want to hire a guy that played a big part is screwing this team over?

Yeah. Think of where we'd be now if he allowed himself to be traded for Grabovski and Chris Higgins.

Durkin67

The disappointing last few seasons have made me realize that the Leafs should follow other organizations leads in bringing back former players to be involved in hockey operations. Who better to understand the pressures of a hockey market, and what it takes in the market, if not former players that were once involved with the team?

I have looked at the org chart from top to bottom, and I think these names could make some sense if they were brought in to help the Leafs. I hope Tim Leiweke takes a look at all the former Leafs players and brings some of that blood back into the fold.

Here is what I envision.

BtWVnHY.png

P7ujZlK.png

bless your cotton socks...you do love your leafs...

Leafspoison*

Yeah. Think of where we'd be now if he allowed himself to be traded for Grabovski and Chris Higgins.

wut

Why would he have been traded for those guys? Rumor was Van city for Kessler and a pick and prospect. Also, St Jose was in the mix.

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
If the rumors are true and Shanahan is coming in as Director of Hockey Operations, I think he knows the value of bringing in former players into management. That Detroit organiztion is doing things right, can't wait to see greats like Gilmour, Sundin etc with huge roles with the Leafs. Exciting times!!

:handclap:

Marcel Cousineau

The REAL #31
Jan 20, 2009
Ontario
If the rumors are true and Shanahan is coming in as Director of Hockey Operations, I think he knows the value of bringing in former players into management. That Detroit organiztion is doing things right, can't wait to see greats like Gilmour, Sundin etc with huge roles with the Leafs. Exciting times!!

:handclap:

Socregres tryin to find a mooootive, why he do what he do?
Playoffs aint gettin no closer, no matter how far we go!

Thread was stolen, no registration
Mods patrooolin, and they gon stop you Soc

Thread's gonna get locked up, they won't let me out...won't let me out

Durkin67

THe thing of it is, the real problem lies in the dressing room. I'll say it again: they just dont hate losing enough to be winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad