Rebuild the Leafs organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
The disappointing last few seasons have made me realize that the Leafs should follow other organizations leads in bringing back former players to be involved in hockey operations. Who better to understand the pressures of a hockey market, and what it takes in the market, if not former players that were once involved with the team?

I have looked at the org chart from top to bottom, and I think these names could make some sense if they were brought in to help the Leafs. I hope Tim Leiweke takes a look at all the former Leafs players and brings some of that blood back into the fold.

Here is what I envision.

BtWVnHY.png

P7ujZlK.png

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Six of the seven members of Team Management in this scenario have absolutely no experience.

Because hiring a bunch of people with no qualifications is what will really turn this organization around...

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Six of the seven members of Team Management in this scenario have absolutely no experience.

Because hiring a bunch of people with no qualifications is what will really turn this organization around...

Well, what exactly has hiring experienced guys done? :laugh:

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013

That's why I think keeping Fletcher around is a good move as an advisor. He's able to help the new guys with his experience in the background.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Well, what exactly has hiring experienced guys done? :laugh:

Nothing.

Experienced or in-experienced it doesn't matter. As long as the organization's goal continues to be: "let's make the playoffs and see what happens" it will never turn around.

Although to be fair, the only two GMs in recent Leafs history to have any success at all (Fletcher - the first time around and Pat Quinn) both at oodles of experience.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I know this chip truck guy that knows about the hockey, he would be great.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Bob Nicholson as team president is my dream scenario.

i think your gonna see NONIS get some help ....if he dont like it he quits ...happens in real life every day ,this smells too much of brian burke still

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Poor wasted time doing a spread sheet.. I thought for a second I was reading an alumni team then I realized it was our management..

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
But OP theres still hope!!! The Leafs aren't out of the playoffs yet!!!!

This is one of the dumbest ideas ever... Sundin doesnt even live in NA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad