Value of: Realistic Trade Packages for Simmonds and Voracek

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
doubt a 30 y.o pending UFA with 19 points will fetch a "package".

a late first from a contender plus cap dump would be the return IMO.
Wasnt 34 yrs old Nash traded for 5 pieces on his 28 pts production? Got 38 pts year before while Wayne scored 24. Of course it can happen.

Reactions: wufuhimself

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
If Panarin says he doesn’t want to re-sign - and is open to a sign and trade - would Philly be interested in a Panarin for Voracek swap?

For Simmonds, I would offer Milano+Lesser prospect+2nd
I think the former has some merit. Maybe a condition to protect the flyers if panarin doesn’t resign. If he walks the flyers only gain cap space which isn’t necessarily a terrible thing but they already have a relative abundance.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
How did Voracek get an 8 mill cap hit ?

NHL is heading to a lock out.
He signed the summer after finishing 4th in the NHL in points and was 10th in points over the 3 years prior to signing. The guy is 14th in scoring since the lockout. He has his ups and downs but in a league where JvR and Evander Kane make $7m, I'm fine with Voracek.

I think a lot of Flyers fans want to move him because he's redundant as a pass first guy, not because he's bad. He's a 29 year old playmaker on a team that sorely lacks scorers and is a couple years away from their window opening.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
For Flyer fans.What would it realistically take from the Habs to get Simmonds.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Personally, I would like to know if any team would offer a RHD for Voracek. Someone who can play more of a shutdown role next to Provy. Someone like a Pesce as opposed to Hamilton, for example.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Same as everyone else....a 1st+ add on something that makes the Flyers choose you over everyone else offering a 1st.
I'll have to pass but thanks for the response.Not interested in trading our 1st especially for a 30 yr old.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If that package includes Lucic, Sekera, Spooner and Manning then I guess it's in the realm of possibility.
what value do you think Pool has? Likely a mid-late 1st. Same as Simmonds. But 100% the Oilers should not be trading either for rentals. They are not contenders and they need cheap players to help offset the guys you mentioned.

Teams are not a match at all for Simmonds.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
what value do you think Pool has? Likely a mid-late 1st. Same as Simmonds. But 100% the Oilers should not be trading either for rentals. They are not contenders and they need cheap players to help offset the guys you mentioned.

Teams are not a match at all for Simmonds.
The problem with Edmonton right now is management acting illogically. The owner wants playoff revenue and the GM is fighting for his job. Sounds like they'll be buyers at the deadline if they still have a chance at the playoffs.

Reactions: Tripod

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If Simmonds is really cheap, Nashville.

If Voracek, Philly would need to retain or would have to take salary back.

What? He's still a highly productive top 6 forward without a clause attached to his contract. Coming off an 85 point season and on his way to another 70 playing with a underwhelming team/ Patrick most of this year

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Simmonds Likely less than many think, especially since it seems to be a buyers market (for wingers more than any other position too). Maybe a 2nd or a 2nd + C level prospect

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018

he scores at least 25 goals every year and is on pace for that this year. if youve ever watched him play youd know he can fetch a "package" that doesnt include a cap dump

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Personally, I would like to know if any team would offer a RHD for Voracek. Someone who can play more of a shutdown role next to Provy. Someone like a Pesce as opposed to Hamilton, for example.
A lot of Canadian fans incoming with Petry lol.

I think a Voracek - Pesce is a good base.

Reactions: Tripod

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

I would be thrilled if the Flyers got any sort of first for Simmonds. I think the Flyers need to take on salary dumps because we got the space and we got no hope this year. Trade us your garbage!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He signed the summer after finishing 4th in the NHL in points and was 10th in points over the 3 years prior to signing. The guy is 14th in scoring since the lockout. He has his ups and downs but in a league where JvR and Evander Kane make $7m, I'm fine with Voracek.

I think a lot of Flyers fans want to move him because he's redundant as a pass first guy, not because he's bad. He's a 29 year old playmaker on a team that sorely lacks scorers and is a couple years away from their window opening.
Thats an accurate take. He would pass first on a break away. We need a scorer and ideally to get younger. His cap is so high that you could just use it all on Panarin if traded for futures. I would trade him back to cbus but not for Panarin. I think we will sign him and Q, hopefully stone too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad