Value of: Realistic Trade Packages for Simmonds and Voracek

NBiss3

Jun 10, 2018
With the Flyers likely to move Simmonds and (hopefully) Voracek, what would be realistic trade packages for these two players from contending teams?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Voracek has an awful lot of term left to be a deadline acquisition. I don't know who could acquire him and be able to fit him in the future without clearing a lot of space. He seems like he would be an offseason move if anything,

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

washcapsfan

Nov 16, 2017
How about Burokovsky & Madison Bowey for Wayne Simmonds?? Cap hits are almost even and Bowey is only on the books next season for 1 mil. Both are lucrative as each will still be RESTRICTED after their respective contracts end. Simmonds is a loaner, as he's unrestricted at the end of the season

Reactions: wufuhimself

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If Panarin says he doesn’t want to re-sign - and is open to a sign and trade - would Philly be interested in a Panarin for Voracek swap?

For Simmonds, I would offer Milano+Lesser prospect+2nd

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
How about Burokovsky & Madison Bowey for Wayne Simmonds?? Cap hits are almost even and Bowey is only on the books next season for 1 mil. Both are lucrative as each will still be RESTRICTED after their respective contracts end. Simmonds is a loaner, as he's unrestricted at the end of the season
Burakovsky makes sense. Bowey i see no upside and doesnt fill any need. Burakovsky and ? Riley Sutter?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

I would hate to play against Simmonds if he resigned in WSH, but I would take this deal.

How did Voracek get an 8 mill cap hit ?

NHL is heading to a lock out.

One of the top assist leaders in the NHL. He has fallen a bit this year, but still top 7 over the past 5 seasons.

Also, averaging GP to 82 throughout his career he averages 20G and 45A (most likely lower than 45) a year. I don’t agree that’s worth his contract, but he still is an elite playmaker. Coming into his own now he should average those numbers this year and everyone is saying that’s a down year for him. If so, I’d say his contract is fair if this year is a down year.... meaning those numbers. Other than that, yeah his contract is a bit too much.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Philly and the Canes seem like good partners for a Voracek trade, Canes got Pesce, Hamilton, Faulk, and Fox all at RD
Only problem is they’re both Metro

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How did Voracek get an 8 mill cap hit ?

NHL is heading to a lock out.
Why do people keep posting stuff like this?

The owners are very happy with the current CBA, which is why they've already tried to bribe the players with Olympic participation to extend it.

Salaries are getting higher because the revenue is growing.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Voracek's value is an interesting proposition, because he's on that expensive contract, but he's also locked up for for a while and seems like he should still be equipped to remain at least a 50-60pt winger through most of the remainder of that deal. He's a phenomenal complementary top-line winger, for the time being...which is valuable, even with that cap hit.

Whereas Simmonds value might be helped in some respects by the fact he's a UFA you can just walk away from as a "rental" if it doesn't work out. But hurts his value in that you're probably just looking at him as a rental, considering he's crossed that 30 year old threshold and appears to be clearly on the downslope of his career. Players like him can absolutely fall off a cliff offensively...we've seen it before. Whatever team signs him as a UFA is probably going to come to regret that contract, sooner, rather than later. But as a trade target...there's more flexibility there than with a big commitment to Voracek.

Reactions: Tripod

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
doubt a 30 y.o pending UFA with 19 points will fetch a "package".

a late first from a contender plus cap dump would be the return IMO.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pesce would be the target out of those. Defence 1st guy to play with Provy.

Pesce seems like he would be an absolutely perfect fit beside Provorov. That'd make for a heck of a matchup pairing, which would probably help that defense as a whole look massively better by shuffling the rest of the guys into roles where everything fits.

Reactions: Tripod

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Panarin says he doesn’t want to re-sign - and is open to a sign and trade - would Philly be interested in a Panarin for Voracek swap?

For Simmonds, I would offer Milano+Lesser prospect+2nd

If Panarin signs long-term with Philly, you have yourself a deal, IMO.

Otherwise, I'm liking the suggestions of Voracek to CAR for Pesce.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If Panarin signs long-term with Philly, you have yourself a deal, IMO.

Otherwise, I'm liking the suggestions of Voracek to CAR for Pesce.
I don’t know about trading for a guy that has basically said he’s not signing in Columbus. He will be a UFA it seems. He likely wants to get paid the same regardless of if you trade for him. I don’t want to give up assets for nothing.

That said,

Voracek for Pesce
Simmonds and Gudas for Kapanen and a small +
Sign Panarin with Jakes money
Maybe sign Stone with our other cap money

End up with Pesce, Kapanen, Panarin, and Stone. Not too bad. Maybe even add Hughes. If that’s the case you just added an entire top line and a top pairing dman ontop of the talent that’s already here. Simple!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad