Value of: (real value) of Malkin

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
His time in Pittsburgh will likely end badly if the team wants to trade him and he blocks a trade.

That's fine with us, we got 3 cups out of him. Maybe we can get 1 more if we are lucky, but 3 is good enough. If he wants to stay he stays, none of us mind.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We love Dumo but hard times equal hard decisions. Only defenseman that’s untouchable is Marino.

Ya Dan would be mad, no doubt.
What's Dumo's value in your opinion?
FLA isn't gonna offer up 12th overall though.

Maybe 3 4 years ago. I wouldn't pay on him. He is still good but on the descent of his curve.

He ain't leaving anyway, it'd be the signal of a small re-build/tool if he did get traded.

Reactions: Colt55

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He won't be traded. If he was to be what's his actual value? What does you team give up?

I would not be selling the farm for a player who could just retire and walk away.

He’d be something like

Playoff 1st or 2 2nd from non playoff team, a decent prospect ( not top 3 or recent top 15 pick) and a salary player.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Personally, I wouldn't give up considerable young assets for Malkin considering his age, injury history, and the fact he only has 2 years left until UFA...

So, with that in mind, I think a trade would look something like Malkin to Montreal for Kotkaniemi & Alzner... with Montreal perhaps throwing in a 2nd round pick

Montreal get a #1 C

Pittsburgh get a decent pick and a young player with upside

I can't see a team like Buffalo giving up Cozens or #8 for Malkin...

I can't see Anaheim giving up Zergas or #6 for Malkin...

I could see Arizona being interested, though I'm not sure which assets they have left to move after the Hall deal

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Personally, I wouldn't give up considerable young assets for Malkin considering his age, injury history, and the fact he only has 2 years left until UFA...

So, with that in mind, I think a trade would look something like Malkin to Montreal for Kotkaniemi & Alzner... with Montreal perhaps throwing in a 2nd round pick

Montreal get a #1 C

Pittsburgh get a decent pick and a young player with upside

I can't see a team like Buffalo giving up Cozens or #8 for Malkin...

I can't see Anaheim giving up Zergas or #6 for Malkin...

I could see Arizona being interested, though I'm not sure which assets they have left to move after the Hall deal
Montreal wouldn't make that trade.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Honestly don’t see Malkin on any other team so I won’t comment on value.

Would be interesting to see him centre a line with Laine and Ehlers though.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Would only get traded if he wants to. My gut tells me he finishes his NHL career in Pitt... but I honestly would not be shocked if he accepted a deal to a city he likes (Montreal, New York, Florida)

Now, none of those teams are particularly close to competing for a cup so doubt they offer anything. Tampa would be the best bet (warm, near his Miami house, better for taxes, contender, probably buddies with Kuch)

I would interested in a deal around Malkin and Stamkos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad