Value of: (real value) of Malkin

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I’m curious to see the responses. Imo this is probably the perfect time to deal him. He’s 34 but he’s still elite. JR already said he wants to get younger. This might be the last chance to cash in on a big haul.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If for whatever reason this happened, I think teams would give a crapload for him. Awesome player. Cap would have to go back to Pitt though and that might not be a pretty contract

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Someone close to the cup would pay the most. I think if Malkin were open to getting traded he'd prefer going to the Panthers though.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Flames would love to add him, how does Ryan and Bennett with 3 1st's sound? No not enough, I'll add in Kylington.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
At this point in time he's more valuable to Pens then in a trade, we wont recieve his value for what he brings due to his age, so no point in trading him...we will be downgrading and become a worse team.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Oh ya? Why you say that?
Curious what the frame work of that deal would look like?
We'd have to send cap back for sure and doubt you'd like what that'd be

Geno has a place in North Miami not far from Sunny Isles and loves it down there. He regularly is down there and invites others close to him down there. It's based on some speculation from a friend I have that works with the Pens and hear some stuff once in a while.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
His "real value" doesn't exist if he won't be traded.
Rutherford said if the right offer he'd consider it . If Malkin plays out the final two seasons on his current deal its unlikely Pittsburgh resign him . If Malkin knows he won't finish his career playing for the Penguins he might accept a trade.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Rutherford said if the right offer he'd consider it . If Malkin plays out the final two seasons on his current deal its unlikely Pittsburgh resign him . If Malkin knows he won't finish his career playing for the Penguins he might accept a trade.

He wont accept a trade, he's Penguin or Russia only. If we went into full rebuild mode he will still stay.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
His "real value" doesn't exist if he won't be traded.

Im curious as to why you feel this way. Is it one of those things where it’s a legend and you just want to see him spend his whole career with the same club? I can understand that.

If it’s not that though then I don’t get it. As an outsider I see a team who’s window is closing and you have this 34 year old expensive asset who is probably right at the tail end of his window of netting a huge return.

I guess if you still have hope that Pitt can turn it around and get one more run then it makes sense, but IMO that ship has sailed. Time to rebuild/retool and dealing Malkin would absolutely accelerate that turnaround.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He wont accept a trade, he's Penguin or Russia only. If we went into full rebuild mode he will still stay.
When did he say he was leaving the NHL in two years ? If ownership are in a rebuild its highly doubtful they resign Malkin. Even if their not in a rebuild it's still highly doubtful they resign him.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Im curious as to why you feel this way. Is it one of those things where it’s a legend and you just want to see him spend his whole career with the same club? I can understand that.

If it’s not that though then I don’t get it. As an outsider I see a team who’s window is closing and you have this 34 year old expensive asset who is probably right at the tail end of his window of netting a huge return.

I guess if you still have hope that Pitt can turn it around and get one more run then it makes sense, but IMO that ship has sailed. Time to rebuild/retool and dealing Malkin would absolutely accelerate that turnaround.

Because Malkin has a full NTC and has said he wants to spend his entire career in Pittsburgh. They literally can't trade him without him wanting to go. It doesn't matter what the Penguins want to do because Malkin holds the cards.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Because Malkin has a full NTC and has said he wants to spend his entire career in Pittsburgh. They literally can't trade him without him wanting to go. It doesn't matter what the Penguins want to do because Malkin holds the cards.

Has it been established that he would never approve a trade?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Geno has a place in North Miami not far from Sunny Isles and loves it down there. He regularly is down there and invites others close to him down there. It's based on some speculation from a friend I have that works with the Pens and hear some stuff once in a while.

Ya there were trade threads on here of Malkin to FLA months ago/last year iirc
Think PIT fans were asking for variations of Trocheck + 2019 1st + pick/prospect

He would bring some more elite skill to FLA, who would have a legit duo of Barkov and Malkin.
His deal ends the same year Barkov does so if he wanted to retire here, he'd have to take a discount for sure.

As for value, FLA has 12th overall but as much as we need Malkin, we need D more in my opinion.
I know it's crazy to ask for retention but that's the only way I could see him coming down south but I'd be shocked if he is moved under contract. I'm curious if he re-signs with PIT though?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Ya there were trade threads of Malkin months ago/last year iirc
Think PIT fans were asking for variations of Trocheck + 2019 1st + pick/prospect

He would be some more elite skill and FLA would have a legit duo of Barkov and Malkin.
His deal ends the same year Barkov does so if he wanted to retire here, he'd have to take a discount for sure.

As for value, FLA has 12th overall but as much as we need Malkin, we need D more in my opinion.
I know it's crazy to ask for retention but that's the only way I could see him coming down south but I'd be shocked if he is moved under contract. I'm curious if he re-signs with PIT though?

Yeah, he would re-sign with Pittsburgh. He loves playing here and playing with Sid. I think he'd make an exception for Florida though. No way we would do retention on him.

Trocheck would be interesting and he's a Pittsburgh boy. Other options from the Pens D are available too. Everyone except Marino so have fun :)

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
When did he say he was leaving the NHL in two years ? If ownership are in a rebuild its highly doubtful they resign Malkin. Even if their not in a rebuild it's still highly doubtful they resign him.
He said if he's traded he's going back to Russia, it's here or Russia for him no other place.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, he would re-sign with Pittsburgh. He loves playing here and playing with Sid. I think he'd make an exception for Florida though. No way we would do retention on him.

Trocheck would be interesting and he's a Pittsburgh boy. Other options from the Pens D are available too. Everyone except Marino so have fun :)

Not much that makes sense for PIT and FLA.

I like Dumolin but doubt he's available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad