Real-life fights between actors

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
On Wikipedia in the Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg (Jean-Claude Van Damme) profile page is mentioned a possible real-life fight between Van Damme and Steven Seagal.

The original source says, it didnt ocure, but according to Stallone, Van Damme would kick Seagal ass.

Action stars Jean Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal came to blows in the late 1990s - after a row over which man was more tough. The pair squared up to one another at a party hosted by fellow action star Sylvester Stallone, in a bid to settle which actor could "kick the other's ass". Stallone tells British magazine FHM, "At a party in my home in Miami in 1997, Van Damme was tired of Seagal claiming he could kick his ass so he offered Seagal outside into my back yard. "Seagal made his excuses and left. But Van Damme, who was berserk, tracked him down at a nightclub and offered him out again." The pair's fight never materialised, but Stallone is confident who would have triumphed in the brawl. He adds, "Van Damme was too strong. Seagal wanted none of it."

Where there any others real-life fights between well know actors?

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Not actor-actor, but director-actor, ultimate one for me is Werner Herzog plotting and almost murdering Klaus Kinski in the Amazonian jungle when filming Aguirre, Wrath Of God.

Werner Herzog, the German director of the Amazon film epic Fitzcarraldo, has admitted that he plotted to murder its star Klaus Kinski.

Kinski was saved by his dog from being burned to death in bed. It attacked Herzog as he crept up to set fire to the actor's house.

Kinski made several attempts to return the compliment.

Herzog, who made five films with him often in extreme jungle locations said Kinski would scream abuse at him and tell him he would trample him into the mud.

Herzog refused to say how else he planned to kill Kinski. But, he did pull a gun on the actor on the set of Aguirre, Wrath Of God, and threatened to shoot him and then himself after Kinski tried to walk out.

He said: 'My crew would almost mutiny when they heard that Klaus was on board. They would say, 'How could you do this do us? We can't take this man a minute longer'. I don't like the term wild man, but Dennis Hopper was in the kindergarten compared with Klaus. I remember scenes where Klaus was attacked, and how the other actors used to take such pleasure in punching and kicking him. He was often quite badly hurt.'

Murderous feud on the film set.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Chuck Zito and JCVD had a drunken like 10 second fight and Chuck murdered him.

Seagal is a complete goof, and a phony tough guy. He looks the part except he looks like the closest he's come to a gym is walking by it to get a pulled pork sandwich.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Chuck Zito and JCVD had a drunken like 10 second fight and Chuck murdered him.

Seagal is a complete goof, and a phony tough guy. He looks the part except he looks like the closest he's come to a gym is walking by it to get a pulled pork sandwich.

Seagal was the creation of a bet between two movie executives when one said "I can make anyone an action hero" and Seagal was the guy the other guy came up with

Reactions: tarheelhockey

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
When i was kid the idea that actors who playng martial art action heroes would look like complite douchebags in real fight was kinda dissapointed for me

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Speaking about Seagal, I can't get rid of the idea that he moved to Russia because of women. Eastern Europe is known for its well-looking women, which are quite easily accessible and tolerant to foreign male uglyness. So I have a feeling that this jerk moved his fat ass to there for this reason
This is basicaly the only understandable reason for that

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
On Wikipedia in the Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg (Jean-Claude Van Damme) profile page is mentioned a possible real-life fight between Van Damme and Steven Seagal.

The original source says, it didnt ocure, but according to Stallone, Van Damme would kick Seagal ass.

Action stars Jean Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal came to blows in the late 1990s - after a row over which man was more tough. The pair squared up to one another at a party hosted by fellow action star Sylvester Stallone, in a bid to settle which actor could "kick the other's ass". Stallone tells British magazine FHM, "At a party in my home in Miami in 1997, Van Damme was tired of Seagal claiming he could kick his ass so he offered Seagal outside into my back yard. "Seagal made his excuses and left. But Van Damme, who was berserk, tracked him down at a nightclub and offered him out again." The pair's fight never materialised, but Stallone is confident who would have triumphed in the brawl. He adds, "Van Damme was too strong. Seagal wanted none of it."

More proof than Steven Seagel is a fake Martial Arts Master.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Speaking about Seagal, I can't get rid of the idea that he moved to Russia because of women. Eastern Europe is known for its well-looking women, which are quite easily accessible and tolerant to foreign male uglyness. So I have a feeling that this jerk moved his fat ass to there for this reason
This is basicaly the only understandable reason for that

i thought he moved there for legal reasons from the rape charges. I know he had a couple against him plus his former wife accused him as well though I don't believe she ever filed charges. Though I would need to look it up as it was years ago.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I miss Mailer. He was an asshole, but I loved his writing.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
i thought he moved there for legal reasons from the rape charges. I know he had a couple against him plus his former wife accused him as well though I don't believe she ever filed charges. Though I would need to look it up as it was years ago.
Well then it is a more likely version

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Might be amped up considering the rascals both were/are, but this is by far my favorite feud as well. Love this clip:

Yeah it's such a ridiculous feud since they're such oddball larger than life personalities. Herzog made a decent documentary about their love/hate friendship called My Best Friend , if you hadn't see it before

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
When i was kid the idea that actors who playng martial art action heroes would look like complite douchebags in real fight was kinda dissapointed for me

True, but at least there's the fact that JCVD could kick Steven Seagal's ass :laugh:.

JCVD at least went into obscurity with some grace and dignity, Seagal has spent two decades working his own low budget vanity projects. If the scenario in the OP happened I'd imagine it had something to do with JCVD knowing he's not actually tough getting pissed off at Seagal pretending he actually was.

Also he didn't play any of these types of roles but for action stars I believe Dolph Lundgren was some sort of European kick boxing champion.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Also he didn't play any of these types of roles but for action stars I believe Dolph Lundgren was some sort of European kick boxing champion.

JCVD was also very active in Martial Arts. Even more as Big Swede. Btw. i browsed his profile on Wikipedia and there is also this:

Lundgren released a workout video on VHS in 1987 called Maximum Potential.A pre-fame Quentin Tarantino worked as a production assistant on the shoot.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
True, but at least there's the fact that JCVD could kick If the scenario in the OP happened I'd imagine it had something to do with JCVD knowing he's not actually tough getting pissed off at Seagal pretending he actually was
I saw Seagal on Russian TV. He constantly had such a serious face as if thinks he is real-live badass.
Regarding their films, those low-budget ones of him never interest me when i periodically seen them on tv. And that he became f***ing fat was not add to the desire to watch them. The last Van Damme movie I watched was the Replicant. Actually liked it. Nice soundtrack

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Speaking about Seagal, I can't get rid of the idea that he moved to Russia because of women.

i thought he moved there for legal reasons from the rape charges.

Well, both could be true. And taxes. It portrays him as a close cousin of Gérard Depardieu.

JCVD at least went into obscurity with some grace and dignity

The best material from Van Damme came after his "glorious" action days. Big fan of JCVD and Jean-Claude Van Johnson!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
JCVD was also very active in Martial Arts. Even more as Big Swede. Btw. i browsed his profile on Wikipedia and there is also this:

Lundgren released a workout video on VHS in 1987 called Maximum Potential.A pre-fame Quentin Tarantino worked as a production assistant on the shoot.

Oh yes of course, I was thinking more in the lines of training fancy kicks doesn't really train you for a street fight, never mind taking down 10 dudes on your own. This was pre-UFC when martial arts had a bit more obscurity to it, something like professional wrestling.

Don't remember where I heard it from or how true it is but I recall a story of JCVD getting drunk and talking shit to some guy in a bar that went something like:

JVCD: Do you know who I am!?
Some guy: one punches JVCD out and throws him in a dumpster

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Van Damme was full contact karate and kickboxing champion. He Damme well knows how to fight. Chuck Norris is also a legit fighter. Same with a Jet Li. Michael Jai White is definitely a legit martial artist too. Just because they're in movies doesn't mean they don't know how to fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad