"Ready for the Challenge" ready for the fight

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Been waiting for someone to bring this up and forgive me if they have and I've missed it.

Any thoughts on the pre-game "Ready for the Challenge" song/video?

I find it embarrassing as a fan and would be nearly mortified if I was Tipp or one of the players who's image is used and voice altered in such a demeaning manner.

I'm curious because most here are younger than I and perhaps are not so bothered by it?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's pretty awful, Oel doing the DJ part is funny but not intentionally haha. On a related note the cg coyote they use in the pregame video is awful also, like early 90s level cg.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's not just you. We've had some lame intro videos before, but the one you mentioned might honestly be the most cringeworthy one I've ever seen from the Coyotes, which is really saying something. (kind of appropriate with the way this season has turned out)

Guy above me is right too. ^^ The second intro video with CG Coyote is horrible too.

There's a third(?!) intro video that's probably awful too, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I like that electronic/hip-hop/DJ hybrid music, so I like the videos.

I'm also an old soul and would love to bring back 1950's style organ music ... so whatever.

I also tend to show up just as the anthem is staring so I don't see the videos usually anyway haha

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Meh, to me it's understandable - I rarely got there in time to see it, but I'm sure the original was full of highlights of the guys that got traded, etc. so someone upstairs said "hey, how quick can we throw together a new one for the last couple months?"

I mean, pretty much everyone except the occasional ref has figured out we're "Arizona" by now, right?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Yeah those videos are cringe worthy. I can live with the PS1 Coyote, but the music video is beyond horrible.

Time to wipe all media related people out of this organization and start clean.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah those videos are cringe worthy. I can live with the PS1 Coyote, but the music video is beyond horrible.

Time to wipe all media related people out of this organization and start clean.

I think they do a good job during the game. Agree with Dirty Old Man, in that I think it came from upstairs..... past time to fix it though.

I mean think about an opposing fan (something we have a lot of) coming to our building and hearing/seeing that. :shakehead

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've said this in many of the GDTs lately, I don't care what the stupid videos are at this point we just don't need 10 minutes of them.

Also I think the low fidelity CG Coyote was done that way intentionally to look stylized frozen over. Yes it still looks stupid though.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Also, thinking about this later, having been to 11 other arenas in the last 18 months, in my opinion it's really not *that* much worse than anyone else's.

The only one I was blown away in person by how *good* it was was Montreal's; the video almost doesn't do it justice...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Also, thinking about this later, having been to 11 other arenas in the last 18 months, in my opinion it's really not *that* much worse than anyone else's.

The only one I was blown away in person by how *good* it was was Montreal's; the video almost doesn't do it justice...

Great visuals, but the music, bleh!. Keeps in line with my opinion that Canadian Hockey music sounds cheesy to my ears. This is the music I would have used for a 2.5 min intro. I'd take it from about the 2:08 mark. It's not "do you like hockey?". It's more like "there's a war about to go on down there" and puts you in the mood to rip the throats out of those unruly Buffalo fans that come to the GRA.

Last edited:

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
Been waiting for someone to bring this up and forgive me if they have and I've missed it.

Any thoughts on the pre-game "Ready for the Challenge" song/video?

I find it embarrassing as a fan and would be nearly mortified if I was Tipp or one of the players who's image is used and voice altered in such a demeaning manner.

I'm curious because most here are younger than I and perhaps are not so bothered by it?

Not sure who the target audience is, but my 11 year old son is even embarrassed by it. Really, really lame.

MaddyB85

Dec 2, 2014
Central Florida
I'm also an old soul and would love to bring back 1950's style organ music ... so whatever.

Bring back the classic organ AND Polka Music. Yes... Where's Weird Al when he is needed.
Speaking of organs... :)p:) back with the OLD Chicago Stadium, you should have seen that organ! It was upper balcony- end zone (football reference). It was carefully! painstakingly removed and moved to the United Center.
But... it's just NOT the same as it was in the old Stadium.

Feast Your Eyes On This! His name is Barton. Named after the company that built the organ

picture.php

picture.php

(this baby had it's own pipe chamber)
picture.php

Keith Emerson would be stumped looking at this. A musical reference for the ELP fans)
picture.php

Sweet Home Chicago... One of the classic old buildings...RIP old girl. Saw MANY an excellent concert there. Thursday July 29 1975 The Rolling Stones... (tickets were $8.50 :amazed: no kidding)
picture.php

The Old Stadium scoreboard.. This is for you youngsters who never got to see the games in one of the classic buildings.
picture.php

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The potential ownership for the Vegas NHL team owns the old Chicago organ. It will be placed in the new Vegas Arena.

MaddyB85

Dec 2, 2014
Central Florida
NNOOOooooo :eek:
No way would Chicago let go of that Classic.... No Way!!!!! I assumed the Blackhawks owned ol Barton.... Someone call hawks ownership...

(where did you read/hear this?)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Bring back the classic organ AND Polka Music. Yes... Where's Weird Al when he is needed.
Speaking of organs... :)p:) back with the OLD Chicago Stadium, you should have seen that organ! It was upper balcony- end zone (football reference). It was carefully! painstakingly removed and moved to the United Center.
But... it's just NOT the same as it was in the old Stadium.

Feast Your Eyes On This! His name is Barton. Named after the company that built the organ

picture.php

picture.php

(this baby had it's own pipe chamber)
picture.php

Keith Emerson would be stumped looking at this. A musical reference for the ELP fans)
picture.php

Sweet Home Chicago... One of the classic old buildings...RIP old girl. Saw MANY an excellent concert there. Thursday July 29 1975 The Rolling Stones... (tickets were $8.50 :amazed: no kidding)
picture.php

The Old Stadium scoreboard.. This is for you youngsters who never got to see the games in one of the classic buildings.
picture.php

What a grand old dump it was.... many great memories there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad