Re-sign Zidlicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Now that Tallinder's salary is moved it is of utmost importance that Lou re-signs Zidlicky. The whole point is that this teams needs more offensive D-men and not the problem that it has faced ever since Lou never re-signed Rafalski. I understand that free agency this year wasn't jam-packed with offensive defenseman for Lou to sign but he cannot let someone like Zidlicky slip away from the team. I don't understand how anyone could even disagree. How does it hurt the team to re-sign Zidlicky? It only can help. Not only does it help but he fills a role within the team that it desperately needs. The fact is that ever since he came here he's led the defensive unit in points by a HUGE margin. People can rank the defenseman in any way they want but the real way to rank players is what their role is to the team and Zidlicky has a role that is a must have.

The Devils' defense has always been the weakest point of the team year in and year out. Every year there is just a bunch of mediocre defenseman coupled in with a #2 D-man to lead the entire unit. Besides that, these defenseman have no ability in producing offense and that's why the team could never win the Stanley Cup. Why did the team finally have a lot of success in 2012 and go to the SCF? It's because the defense scored with Zidlicky and Salvador scoring at some godly rate that he'll never do again. With 2 D-man scoring at good rates, the team simply did well.

Now what are you doing with the team when Zidlicky leaves? You're not only taking your highest scorer away but your also not understanding of the fact that Salvador nor any Devils D-man could score at his rate. Greene simply isn't dependable on offense and Larsson is too young to expect that much either. You're just betting with disaster and even with luck that's only 1 D-man scoring which clearly isn't enough. If you don't re-sign Zidlicky, this team will suffer its fate that it has suffered every year since 2004 besides 2012.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If the Devils dump Volchenkov (which would probably need to be a buyout, which depends on if the owners are willing to shell out the $$$) and re-sign Zidlicky, then this would have been the perfect offseason.

DevilChuk*

If the Devils dump Volchenkov (which would probably need to be a buyout, which depends on if the owners are willing to shell out the $$$) and re-sign Zidlicky, then this would have been the perfect offseason.

you mean had dumped?

they can't buy him out any longer.. that window passed.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
not fussed either way with Zids. stay or go, whatever. I know id rather sign another forward though

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
From TG's last blog

''A source said Zidlicky had a two-year offer for $4.5 million per season on the table from a team on Friday, but has yet to sign anywhere.''

He better be willing to sign for at least a million less per year than that. We can't afford that right now, so if he wants to stay then he needs to sign for what Tallinder was supposed to make this year.

MountainGoat

Zidlicky has been a good Devil for us, would love to have him back

he moves the puck up the ice with ease

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
you mean had dumped?

they can't buy him out any longer.. that window passed.

Um, yeah, oops. Would you believe a momentary brain fart?

That would have been the perfect offseason.

I don't know - we really don't have anyone to replace Zidlicky's puck moving, but if we re-sign him, where do the young players fit in the lineup?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Don't really want him back. Would rather the kids and Harrold battle for a spot than just give that lazy turd a spot. Especially 2 years at 4.5 mil? Gtfo.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
$4.5 million for 2 years would be very nice. As in $2.75 million a year.

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
9 mil for 2 years... for a 36 year old?

Brunner: 27
Grabo: 29

I'd rather spend the 4.5 a year somewhere else.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Zidlicky 4.5M? thats alot of cash for someone I wouldnt even rate in our top 4

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Zidlicky is not worth $4.5 M anymore in my mind. Certainly not for two years. I'd rather bring up one of the kids and look for a deadline trade than pay Zidlicky that.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I really dont want him back at that price. Way to much for my liking for him.

I am in the boat of letting 1 of the young guys play. We have 4 of them, worst comes to worst we just keep switching them out until 1 shows he is ready.

All the players Lou named can take PP time on the 2nd group. Merrill, Severson, and Gelinas. Urbom is the only 1 who might not be able to handle PP time. Bad part is you would have to think him and Gelinas have the best shot to come out of that group.

I am interested to see Severson. Kid put up big numbers in the WHL he is 6'2 about 200 lbs. i have never seen him play but just from a pure offensive stand point you cant deny he has something. While its to small to tell anything he did play 2 AHL games and have 2 assists in those games. Kid could be a real dark horse in the race.

This will make rookie camp in 8 days fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad