Speculation: Re-Sign Campbell?

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Signing pretty much any goalie for 8 years seems like a bad idea!
Normally I would agree but if that 1.5M AAV were to happen (don't think it ever would), the contract wouldn't really be hard to move at all. Nor is it a large amount to buy out. Even at that number he would be a cheap backup should he falter.

Reactions: Confucius

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It is a MASSIVE concern, and the Leafs are absolutely SCREWED because dumbas screwed up the cap so bad they are clearly going to lose their MVP who is CARRYING the team and who they CANT WIN WITHOUT.

lol GM dumbas.

Most unprecedented overpay in the history of the galaxy, razzle frazzle, something, something...!!!!!

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
So we all just saw a game where Woll was trying to deflect pucks with his hands while on his knees. Reilly and Muzzin were on the ice. Who wasn't? Campbell.

Where's that guy who told me Campbell isn't worth it. Is he worth it, now? ;)

Reactions: marquee

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
3.5 the mrazek contract. I love jack as much as the rest but he has played a avg 25 or less games a season in his nhl career not 40 or 50 games .....

If he's getting 5+ who you paying to play the other half the season
When has he had the opportunity to play 50 + games

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Jack is pacing for 63 games played ATM and so far, there doesn't seem to be any concerns about him being able to handle that kind of load.

Reactions: Confucius

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So we all just saw a game where Woll was trying to deflect pucks with his hands while on his knees. Reilly and Muzzin were on the ice. Who wasn't? Campbell.

Where's that guy who told me Campbell isn't worth it. Is he worth it, now? ;)
Woll definitely looks like he went to the allaire school of goaltending. Looks like a blocking goaltender, who also is in butterfly and is very mechanical and not overly fluid in his movements. hopefully he will look more relaxed and natural with NHL experience. interesting seeing how goalies moved from being very butterfly and blocking style to now more athletic and hybrid. Campbell is fun to watch because he has been very Brodeur like in his saves. which very few, if any at all, other goalies play. I like that he makes alot of high saves without going to his knees.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Woll definitely looks like he went to the allaire school of goaltending.

Honestly, I thought Woll was injured last night or something because he hasn't done anything in previous games like he did last night. He was frequently on his knees, his face square to the ice and his hands together, trying to shove the puck away with his hands rather than using his pads, his stick, or anything else. Heck, that one save he nearly blew where he went way out of the net he was trying to dive at the puck and swat it away with his hands! He had his stick, but he didn't even try to use it. I'd never seen anything like that before. He looked absolutely terrified out there.

If what he was doing had a name, I'd call it the "Kneeling Monk" style or something.

Jun 27, 2005
Yeah I understand the necessity of the cap. Don’t like it though.
Just tweak it so buyouts don’t count against it would be a start.

Where does the buyout money come from? It has to come from either the owners 50% or the players 50% and there's no way the players are going to pay so it has to come off of the cap. The only solution is getting rid of guaranteed contracts (like the NFL) but the players have already said that it's the hill they are willing to die on.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Where does the buyout money come from? It has to come from either the owners 50% or the players 50% and there's no way the players are going to pay so it has to come off of the cap. The only solution is getting rid of guaranteed contracts (like the NFL) but the players have already said that it's the hill they are willing to die on.
Buyout wouldn't change how it currently works, just don't count it against the cap.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Honestly, I thought Woll was injured last night or something because he hasn't done anything in previous games like he did last night. He was frequently on his knees, his face square to the ice and his hands together, trying to shove the puck away with his hands rather than using his pads, his stick, or anything else. Heck, that one save he nearly blew where he went way out of the net he was trying to dive at the puck and swat it away with his hands! He had his stick, but he didn't even try to use it. I'd never seen anything like that before. He looked absolutely terrified out there.

If what he was doing had a name, I'd call it the "Kneeling Monk" style or something.
he definitely doesnt look confident with his glove and blocker... its a get your body in front of the puck style all or nothing kind of look at times haha.

Jun 27, 2005
Buyout wouldn't change how it currently works, just don't count it against the cap.

If it doesn't count against the cap then players will have to pay for out if out escrow.

edit: or the owners will all have to pay for it out of their share.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad