Re-sign Bolland @ 3.5m?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
5 years ago? Absolutely.

Today? No. He's body is broken down. He's only a 4th liner on a good team.

DaveT83*

An incredibly ineffective, small 4th liner - on an already incredibly ineffective small forward corp/team.

No Thanks.

Number13

May 21, 2007
Nope, he'd clearly lost a step after his injury. It's time to give the kids a chance.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
On a one year deal I would not be against resigning Bolland. He can use the season to up his value after the injury and we can trade him at the TDL for a nice return.

Last edited:

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
One a year deal I would not be against resigning Bolland. He can use the season to up his value after the injury and we can trade him at the TDL for a nice return.

why would he do this or anything mentioned in this thread?

3.5? he will walk

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't think I want Bolland at any price (unless he's fine playing on the 4th line)

but at that price... it would certainly be worth considering.

he was very good before he got injured.... the question is if he can ever get back to where he was. even if he comes close, 3.5 would be a pretty good deal.

i just don't think he'll ever get back to where he was after missing all that time.

i'm all for letting the kids play, but other than Holland, we don't really have anyone else who I think could be an NHL center within the next couple years. I suppose Gauthier could be an NHL center at some point... but that could be 3 years away and it's possible he may never even make the NHL.

but right now, we've got Bozak, Kadri and Holland as our centers... and I'll take those three players over Bolland right now. So if we sign Bolland, that would probably mean getting rid of one of those three. Maybe Kadri or Holland would want to play on the wing.

but ya... the point is that bolland isn't signing for only 3.5.... and if the price is any higher, than it's not even worth considering.

DoubleDouble*

I love Bolland, but I'm not ready for that commitment.

Man in the Mirror

Aug 4, 2011
Bolland makes $3.35 mil now and about to test free agency.

I'm guessing he thinks he can get more than a $150k per season raise on his next contract.

I just don't see any team offering him 4m/year when he's never scored 20 goals in a season before.

maybe a team like florida would if they want to get over the cap floor (+ tallon connection?)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't think I want Bolland at any price (unless he's fine playing on the 4th line)

but at that price... it would certainly be worth considering.

he was very good before he got injured.... the question is if he can ever get back to where he was. even if he comes close, 3.5 would be a pretty good deal.

i just don't think he'll ever get back to where he was after missing all that time.

i'm all for letting the kids play, but other than Holland, we don't really have anyone else who I think could be an NHL center within the next couple years. I suppose Gauthier could be an NHL center at some point... but that could be 3 years away and it's possible he may never even make the NHL.

but right now, we've got Bozak, Kadri and Holland as our centers... and I'll take those three players over Bolland right now. So if we sign Bolland, that would probably mean getting rid of one of those three. Maybe Kadri or Holland would want to play on the wing.

but ya... the point is that bolland isn't signing for only 3.5.... and if the price is any higher, than it's not even worth considering.

Bolland is not Clarkson! He can play on the 3rd line, and, even the 2nd line in a pinch!

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
If you can get him to sign at 3.5 you'd be crazy not to but all reports indicate he's looking for closer to 5. Way too much but wouldn't be surprised if he gets it

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
No. A guy on my hockey team went to HS with him and he apparently hated Toronto then. So........he can go **** himself. I have no reason not to belive the guy. I don't care for players who don't want to play for the logo.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Hell no. The last thing this team needs is more long term contracts for people that aren't actually key members of the team. Bolland could barely skate when he came back. I'd give him a 1 yr deal worth 3 mil anything more and he can go rip someone else off.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
No. A guy on my hockey team went to HS with him and he apparently hated Toronto then. So........he can go **** himself. I have no reason not to belive the guy. I don't care for players who don't want to play for the logo.

I remember high school. I thought Nirvana was god and ripped jeans would never go out of style. Funny how things change. Not to mention the validity of your comment in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad