Confirmed with Link: Re-Scheduled Games

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I completly agree and have written my ticket rep asking for full refunds and declining all games until full capacity is re instated.

My Hawks tickets when I was on holidays have been changed to Valentines day. Not sure that's going to go over well with my better half if I ended up being forced by the Jets to take that game.

I don't think you will be forced to go to that game. All we know at this point is that the Chicago game has been rescheduled to Feb 14th. Now let's consider the possible scenarios.

If the province still has a 250 person limit, you will be reimbursed and you might or might not "win the lottery" and be offered a chance to buy two of those limited seats which are non-transferrable. You can decline.

If there is reduced capacity (whether it's 5000 or 7500 or whatever) and you end up being selected for that game, it is my understanding that those tickets can be re-sold. It's not that much different than if a Valentine's Day game was included in the original schedule, other than you having less time to find buyers for your seats. And with reduced capacity, it should be more of a seller's market. You should know before Feb 1st what the capacity situation should be, which gives you a couple of weeks.

I'm not trying to diminish your valid concerns, just that I think you will have options.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I don't think you will be forced to go to that game. All we know at this point is that the Chicago game has been rescheduled to Feb 14th. Now let's consider the possible scenarios.

If the province still has a 250 person limit, you will be reimbursed and you might or might not "win the lottery" and be offered a chance to buy two of those limited seats which are non-transferrable. You can decline.

If there is reduced capacity (whether it's 5000 or 7500 or whatever) and you end up being selected for that game, it is my understanding that those tickets can be re-sold. It's not that much different than if a Valentine's Day game was included in the original schedule, other than you having less time to find buyers for your seats. And with reduced capacity, it should be more of a seller's market. You should know before Feb 1st what the capacity situation should be, which gives you a couple of weeks.

I'm not trying to diminish your valid concerns, just that I think you will have options.

Thanks - likely best to just wait and what happens on Feb 1. On the positive side I mentioned to my wife that the Hawks game is now on valentines day and she is up for going to the game.

It can't be easy for the Jets and other businesses not knowing what the future brings with restrictions.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think you are probably right. It will be a tough year on TNSE's bottom line.

A tough two years with last year being a disaster financially. This tweener shit is understandable due to the circumstances but I am concerned about the short term and long term effects on season ticket holder retention.

I still love live NHL hockey and appreciate getting out to games when my schedule allows it but the natural erosion in demand did not need the fuel of a pandemic.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
.... changed to Valentines day. Not sure that's going to go over well with my better half if I ended up being forced by the Jets to take that game.

Take her to the game?

giphy.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its pretty much going that way. My kid who is in high school sees it as a non issue and I'll guarantee you out of adults eyes none of them wear masks or give a rat's ass about social distancing. Us older folks have had our opportunity to get tripled vaxxed so we are as safe as we can be, not sure what more can be done.

What more can be done is simply to keep slowing it down so that we don't all arrive at the hospital at the same time.

But I am a little more optimistic than some. I still hope that the hospitalization rate will soon start to drop. It isn't 100% yet, but Omicron shows signs of dropping off almost as fast as it rose. Check back in another week.

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hooray !

I prefer games on TSN over CBC by a wide margin. Of course, I don't have the psychological problems about Sawyer that some on here have.

Sawyer doesn't bother me too much. I watch the games PVR'ed, so I skip over most of him. The rest I manage with selective hearing. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They may very well keep the restrictions but even Rousin says that we may be reaching a peak as far as hospitalizations go, judging by many other jurisdictions.
Case numbers have dropped drastically 5 days in a row. Positivity rate dropped 9 day’s in a row. Even ICU numbers are slightly down.
Hopefully we can watch some hockey very soon in a Winnipeg, beer and all.

Case numbers dropping means nothing because they are limiting testing. Positivity dropping also means little since it is still extremely high. ICU numbers are not down slightly. They are up and continue to climb despite people checking out of ICU via the morgue.

But experience in other jurisdictions supports some optimism, IMO.

Reactions: Monty9

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A tough two years with last year being a disaster financially. This tweener shit is understandable due to the circumstances but I am concerned about the short term and long term effects on season ticket holder retention.

I still love live NHL hockey and appreciate getting out to games when my schedule allows it but the natural erosion in demand did not need the fuel of a pandemic.

The effects could go either way. We have lost the end of the '20 season, all of the '21 season and now some part of the '22 season. That may be leading to some pent up demand. The Jets appear to be transitioning to playing more entertaining hockey and that will certainly help.

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
Ont allowing 50% but not until Feb 21 and Mar 14 for 100%
Makes postponing all those games almost meaningless

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Any reason why the Valentine's game is at 8PM instead of the normal 7PM

The start time is annoying. I bought my kid tickets to that game for Christmas back when it was scheduled to happen during the school break, but an 8 pm Monday start is just too late for an 8 year old.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What more can be done is simply to keep slowing it down so that we don't all arrive at the hospital at the same time.

But I am a little more optimistic than some. I still hope that the hospitalization rate will soon start to drop. It isn't 100% yet, but Omicron shows signs of dropping off almost as fast as it rose. Check back in another week.
But we are down to mostly just as old folks being vigilant. No one I now under 30 seems to care.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
But we are down to mostly just as old folks being vigilant. No one I now under 30 seems to care.

I sure as hell care.

I'm in my office, masked, and if anyone wants to talk to me they stand in the doorway, also masked, and no closer.

All of my staff (okay, so I supervise a grand total of four people) are over 40 and are constantly masked while in the building, although usually two of them work from home.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I sure as hell care.

I'm in my office, masked, and if anyone wants to talk to me they stand in the doorway, also masked, and no closer.

All of my staff (okay, so I supervise a grand total of four people) are over 40 and are constantly masked while in the building, although usually two of them work from home.
People comply where they have to. I’m masked all they time but have a teenager and about a dozen nieces and nephews in late teens to mid 20s and they have long ago got Covid fatigue. Of course by now they have pretty much all have got it and spread it around freely.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I have no reference. Don't know many under 30's.

There may be a problem with the messaging early on to the effect that it would have little effect on healthy young people. That messaging changed a long time ago but quite a few seem to have missed the e-mail.

And right from the beginning they were being told that they were holding their parents and grandparents lives in their hands. Many could not seem to grasp that simple message either.

Then Delta came along and made a lot of much younger people very sick and some died. Some still did not get it.

And so on - I could go on with stories about strange symptoms harming children under 12 and long Covid, etc. But the important thing for the heavily vaccinated is still to not stress the health system any more than necessary. It has already gone way past the breaking point. Our system did not have the capacity and flexibility to deal with this thing. People are dying of conditions unrelated to Covid because they can't get treatment.

Masking, distancing, vaccination, restricted public gatherings don't stop this disease. But they do slow its spread to a pace that at least helps the health care system.

When hospital admissions and ICU admissions and death rates drop far enough we will be able to assume a decent level of herd immunity and move on to a new normal. But until then, it still needs to be emergency mode.

Something no one seems to want to talk about is where people are dying. Some of the oldest are dying in their Personal Care Homes because they are left there rather than being hospitalized. But many are dying in the ICU's. That is what is keeping the number in ICU down. And it still goes up each day.

I really hope this thing is close to being over, but it is not yet. Close doesn't count. As long as we don't get hit with another variant, I think we will soon be there, but we need to keep up the public health measures until we get there. JMO

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I have no reference. Don't know many under 30's.

There may be a problem with the messaging early on to the effect that it would have little effect on healthy young people. That messaging changed a long time ago but quite a few seem to have missed the e-mail.

And right from the beginning they were being told that they were holding their parents and grandparents lives in their hands. Many could not seem to grasp that simple message either.

Then Delta came along and made a lot of much younger people very sick and some died. Some still did not get it.

And so on - I could go on with stories about strange symptoms harming children under 12 and long Covid, etc. But the important thing for the heavily vaccinated is still to not stress the health system any more than necessary. It has already gone way past the breaking point. Our system did not have the capacity and flexibility to deal with this thing. People are dying of conditions unrelated to Covid because they can't get treatment.

Masking, distancing, vaccination, restricted public gatherings don't stop this disease. But they do slow its spread to a pace that at least helps the health care system.

When hospital admissions and ICU admissions and death rates drop far enough we will be able to assume a decent level of herd immunity and move on to a new normal. But until then, it still needs to be emergency mode.

Something no one seems to want to talk about is where people are dying. Some of the oldest are dying in their Personal Care Homes because they are left there rather than being hospitalized. But many are dying in the ICU's. That is what is keeping the number in ICU down. And it still goes up each day.

I really hope this thing is close to being over, but it is not yet. Close doesn't count. As long as we don't get hit with another variant, I think we will soon be there, but we need to keep up the public health measures until we get there. JMO
Mort I don't disagree with you. I'm triple vaxxed and wear high quality masks at all times in public. I'm just talking about what I see with younger people. Before I responded to you I asked my 16 y/o son his thoughts, and he told me he doesn't know a single person who cares about Covid. So that is probably 100 - 200 high school students in a Winnipeg suburb high school. They all socialize amongst themselves like they did pre-Covid. I know for a fact that teenagers and young adults for the most part have tuned out Covid. I just think they have grown tired of the pandemic screwing with their lives. And by now they all know dozens and dozens of people who have had it, or have had it themselves and for the vast majority it has been a run of the mill cold/flu. They just don't care anymore.

I just checked the Manitoba Covid numbers and there are 35,000 active cases which is estimated to be about 1/8 to 1/10 of the actual numbers. So that is somewhere in the range of 300,000 actual cases. That is close to 20 - 25% of the Manitoba's population. Does it really matter at this point? All you can do is protect yourself as best you can and carry on with life.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mort I don't disagree with you. I'm triple vaxxed and wear high quality masks at all times in public. I'm just talking about what I see with younger people. Before I responded to you I asked my 16 y/o son his thoughts, and he told me he doesn't know a single person who cares about Covid. So that is probably 100 - 200 high school students in a Winnipeg suburb high school. They all socialize amongst themselves like they did pre-Covid. I know for a fact that teenagers and young adults for the most part have tuned out Covid. I just think they have grown tired of the pandemic screwing with their lives. And by now they all know dozens and dozens of people who have had it, or have had it themselves and for the vast majority it has been a run of the mill cold/flu. They just don't care anymore.

I just checked the Manitoba Covid numbers and there are 35,000 active cases which is estimated to be about 1/8 to 1/10 of the actual numbers. So that is somewhere in the range of 300,000 actual cases. That is close to 20 - 25% of the Manitoba's population. Does it really matter at this point? All you can do is protect yourself as best you can and carry on with life.

I was not disagreeing that many young people feel that way.

But yes, it absolutely does really matter at this point. I have family members in the health care system and the stories range from deeply heart-breaking to scary to enraging. We still need to do everything we can to spread out the timeline for the hospitals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad