Re-release the Lehner?

Release the Lehner?

• Total voters

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Wouldn't hate if we added the Lehner back and picked up Ryan Reaves for a few years. Having an a**-kicking line up with Boro is a better way to face a couple of lean talent years while our smaller skilled rookies work their way in, and add Tkachuk and Brown in a year and teams will not come to the CTC and leave with no bruises and 2 easy points anymore.

Reactions: aragorn

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
My first reaction is absolutely not, but if he isn't a problem in the lockeroom (which is assumed because he is hotheaded on the ice and pretty anti-social off the ice) then I don't see why it's not worth a try. Could help with resigning EK and if he's good he could become a mentor for Hogberg/Goose

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I think I'd prefer Mrazek over TheLehner.

Philly isn't qualifying Mrazek. He'll be UFA

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
No thanks.

Last thing we need right now is a guy with a chip on his shoulder against the team that traded him away and then brought him back at a discount.

Lehner doesn't seem like the kind of guy that believes in "water under he bridge" gestures and doesn't hold grudges. I doubt he even considers us as an option. He seems like the kind of guy who puts pictures of the Sens logo and Sabres logo on a dart board, uses the team's thst gave up on him as motivstion, and takes out his anger over an entire keg of beer and proceeds to destroy that dartboard with axes and broadswords.

Well, that escalated quickly...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Lehner would easily be my first target. But with all this emphasis on "character " I don't see it

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lehner is an unstable me first guy. The only team in the league worse than Ottawa is letting him walk for free.

I dont want him near the Sens

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Little tip to all the teams out there looking to improve their character: don't sign guys with neck tats.

Reactions: topshelf15

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I would sign Robin in a heart beat...........

Being honest I am biased as Robin brought me the Calder Cup........

Lehner was just the 4th teen aged goaltender to win a Calder Cup in AHL history, the others being Carey Price, Patrick Roy and Gordie Bell.

Also, Lehner and Price are the only two goaltenders to ever win the Jack A Butterfield Trophy, as the Calder Cup playoff MVP.

I too was not happy when Lehner was traded.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yes. If he can play with against other teams the way he played against us we should be good.
If not at least we will frustrate Buffalo fans :)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If and only if Andy is traded, then why not (unless Dorion knows something about Lehner besides temper that us dipshit fans don't). Would come cheaper than Mrazek I think.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Emery & Lehner in nets would be entertaining to watch, they might not win a lot of games but they are going to go down fighting, ... literally. :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I was looking for a "hell no" option.

Craziness to think people would want him back. Craziness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad