Re-release the Lehner?

Release the Lehner?

• Total voters

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, he wasn't very good here & he wasn't very good in Buffalo which is why they have let him go for nothing. I thought he would have been a lot better but I was wrong. Why bring him back?

Reactions: Back in Black

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No. Not sure why people are so obsessed with bringing back former players. Also, he’s not a great goalie. He got cut by Buffalo. What does that tell you? We are aalso trying to fix the dressing room. We don’t need his negative shit in there.

In short, f*** him.

Reactions: coladin

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I say yes. I think Andy is a better option, but if he's gone Robin is near the top of my list as a cheap gamble/stop-gap for a couple seasons.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Do it. Either he comes in, proves that he only looked bad the past couple years because of the embarrassment that is Buffalo, or he plays like hot garbage and next season is even worse than previous, possibly costing Melnyk enough money that he FINALLY has to sell the team.

Heads, we win, tails, Melnyk loses.

BritishSen

May 20, 2018
I don't think going back to players we've chucked in the past to rebuild is the right solution

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
lehner is awful in shootouts but his 2 years in Buffalo he started 120 games and posted 915 goaltending which would be a huge increase on what we had last year.

adding to the excitement factor would be watching the team try to win in OT to avoid the shootout

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
His value doesn't seem high, so it would be nice to buy low on someone like him. Seems like he'd have to take a short term deal, not a bad option for us if that's the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No thanks.

Last thing we need right now is a guy with a chip on his shoulder against the team that traded him away and then brought him back at a discount.

Lehner doesn't seem like the kind of guy that believes in "water under he bridge" gestures and doesn't hold grudges. I doubt he even considers us as an option. He seems like the kind of guy who puts pictures of the Sens logo and Sabres logo on a dart board, uses the team's thst gave up on him as motivstion, and takes out his anger over an entire keg of beer and proceeds to destroy that dartboard with axes and broadswords.

Reactions: Caeldan

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He's too emotionally weak, and isn't very good to begin with. We would lose literally every game that went to OT or a SO...lol

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
No thanks.

Last thing we need right now is a guy with a chip on his shoulder against the team that traded him away and then brought him back at a discount.

Lehner doesn't seem like the kind of guy that believes in "water under he bridge" gestures and doesn't hold grudges. I doubt he even considers us as an option. He seems like the kind of guy who puts pictures of the Sens logo and Sabres logo on a dart board, uses the team's thst gave up on him as motivstion, and takes out his anger over an entire keg of beer and proceeds to destroy that dartboard with axes and broadswords.

These are my thoughts as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->