GDT: Re: GAME 35 | Boston Bruins vs. Nashville Predators 12/23/14 7 PM NESN 98.5

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
It's a shame the coach went the entire year without ever doing one shoot out drill, working on face offs, see what he had in Michael 'the Wall' Hutchinson.

Love that you folks are going to give Boston a free pass. Someone has to call it like it is and I'll add it to my plate. To bad Artimus stops blindly defending players once they leave the organization it would save me some posts if she would defend till the ends of the earth but once you aren't in the black and gold you depreciate like a car driven out of the lot

I'm wondering if 2015 will be the year Claude says anything to Cassidy. Even hello would count.

Anyways Winnipeg developed Hutch and Boston didn't. Fact not opinion (I apologize if this upsets the Boston does nothing wrong crowd'

Merry Christmas

Dan, we get it, you hate Cassidy. :laugh:

But you're acting like Hutch was the savior all along. The reason they cut ties with him is because plain and simple, there were more talented goaltenders in the system than him. That's not even a slight to him. That's a testament to the Bruins ability to draft and develop goalies. When he left at the end of 2013, he had Rask, Svedberg, Johnson (who was more seasoned than him at the time and better suited to be an NHL backup), Subban, AND Gothberg. All guys I had ahead of him development and talent wise at the time they got rid of him. And throughout his development, there have always been guys in the system that were better than him, including Thomas (obviously already in the NHL, but for the sake of arguing) and Khudobin (when they acquired him).

I'm glad he's found success in Winnipeg, but you and I both know its a load of **** that "Winnipeg developed him". For christ's sake man, he's been there a YEAR AND A HALF. He was in the Bruins system for over 4 years. The Bruins developed him. They just had way too many better players at that spot. You can't just hand out infinite contracts. You have to set a limit. And they couldn't really trade him because goaltenders notoriously have much less trade value in this league, ESPECIALLY prospects.

I get you have an agenda on Cassidy, and a lot of your points ARE valid, and its rare I disagree with you on this. But you are just flat out WRONG about Hutchinson. He got an extra year starting in the AHL (and even spent time in the ECHL) to flesh out his game and gather confidence and he finally got a shot in the NHL, and he took advantage of it. He was NEVER getting a shot in the NHL here, even as a backup. You know that too, whether or not you want to admit it. Getting rid of Hutchinson was a business decision and that's it. They did not want 6 goalies under contract in their system out of their 55 total contracts. It's poor organizational management. They knew he was a talented goalie, that just needed to put it all together. But the guys in the system were ALL better, and it was an easy decision to cut ties with him. They didn't just say "Wow, you suck, we don't need you." It wasn't that at all.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Dan, we get it, you hate Cassidy. :laugh:

But you're acting like Hutch was the savior all along. The reason they cut ties with him is because plain and simple, there were more talented goaltenders in the system than him. That's not even a slight to him. That's a testament to the Bruins ability to draft and develop goalies. When he left at the end of 2013, he had Rask, Svedberg, Johnson (who was more seasoned than him at the time and better suited to be an NHL backup), Subban, AND Gothberg. All guys I had ahead of him development and talent wise at the time they got rid of him. And throughout his development, there have always been guys in the system that were better than him, including Thomas (obviously already in the NHL, but for the sake of arguing) and Khudobin (when they acquired him).

I'm glad he's found success in Winnipeg, but you and I both know its a load of **** that "Winnipeg developed him". For christ's sake man, he's been there a YEAR AND A HALF. He was in the Bruins system for over 4 years. The Bruins developed him. They just had way too many better players at that spot. You can't just hand out infinite contracts. You have to set a limit. And they couldn't really trade him because goaltenders notoriously have much less trade value in this league, ESPECIALLY prospects.

I get you have an agenda on Cassidy, and a lot of your points ARE valid, and its rare I disagree with you on this. But you are just flat out WRONG about Hutchinson. He got an extra year starting in the AHL (and even spent time in the ECHL) to flesh out his game and gather confidence and he finally got a shot in the NHL, and he took advantage of it. He was NEVER getting a shot in the NHL here, even as a backup. You know that too, whether or not you want to admit it. Getting rid of Hutchinson was a business decision and that's it. They did not want 6 goalies under contract in their system out of their 55 total contracts. It's poor organizational management. They knew he was a talented goalie, that just needed to put it all together. But the guys in the system were ALL better, and it was an easy decision to cut ties with him. They didn't just say "Wow, you suck, we don't need you." It wasn't that at all.

10-11 his 1st pro season there were 4 goalies with the PBruins. Good stats, came second to Khudobin.

11-12 there 5 goalies with the PBruins, he buried all stat wise.

12-13 since Bruins are so great developing goalies they sign a Euro with most likely promising to give him the bulk of the work, so he signs. Hutchinson with his confidence quashed still has good stats.

13-14 (summer) Hutchinson is not tendered a contract. From the looks of things Bruins expect Malcolm Subban (who everybody throws into trades) to play, no more Hutch!!

13-14 & 14-15 looks like PBruins are on their way back in goalie counts to 10-11.

I think Edmonton was in on talks with Svedberg, honestly he should have signed there.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's a shame the coach went the entire year without ever doing one shoot out drill, working on face offs, see what he had in Michael 'the Wall' Hutchinson.

Love that you folks are going to give Boston a free pass. Someone has to call it like it is and I'll add it to my plate. To bad Artimus stops blindly defending players once they leave the organization it would save me some posts if she would defend till the ends of the earth but once you aren't in the black and gold you depreciate like a car driven out of the lot

I'm wondering if 2015 will be the year Claude says anything to Cassidy. Even hello would count.

Anyways Winnipeg developed Hutch and Boston didn't. Fact not opinion (I apologize if this upsets the Boston does nothing wrong crowd'

Merry Christmas

Wait, what?

Hey, if you want to insult me, at least spell my name right. :laugh:

Look, I may disagree with you at times, but I always try to emphasize that it's not personal.

As for Hutch, pretty much everything that Stone Clode wrote. It was ultimately a numbers game. I have nothing against Hutchinson - I wish him all the best. But there was nothing in his play in Providence that said "can't miss," and a little more than a dozen NHL games isn't saying it now. I hope he turns out great, but who knows? And if you were on this board blasting the Bruins for letting him go, apologies, but I missed it.

And I also apologize for not posting here cheering for players who no longer play for the Bruins. I mean, what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad