RD Victor Soderstrom (2019, 11th, ARZ)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
First, you might want to re-read the order of quotes and what I was responding to. Because you're making yourself look silly. I was commenting on the thread where one person was saying there was room for Soderstrom at the start of the season by saying what the Coyotes knew at the start of the season, there wasn't an opening. And there wasn't. Hjalmarsson got injured a few games into the season.

"Arizona didn't have a place open for Soderstrom."
"They absolutely did "

Second, I have a very good idea of the composition of their D. Second, I don't know what the hell you're arguing. You've literally listed 3 currently better players as a RD. Demers... Goligoski... Hjalmarsson. You're not displacing any of those players for an 18 year old of Soderstrom's current build and skill level; you're not.
Goligoski is a LD. So much for your very good idea of their composition. If you’d even read the post you quoted you’d have known that. So much for me being the silly one.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I actually have his entire career to go off of. I didn’t realize you were new to hockey. Welcome! It’s a great sport and you’ll learn a lot.

Well you obviously haven't watched his entire career, because you don't even know he's played every shift EVS this season as a RD. That's embarrassing. I thought you were a Coyotes fan. Pretty terrible chirp bro. The difference between your chirp, and my chirp, is my chirp is actually true. I actually watch hockey. Here's proof you have no idea what you're talking about, there's the line combo chart for the year. It's weird how you watched him his entire career and you missed this revelation. Huh. :laugh:

Arizona Coyotes Line Combinations | Arizona Coyotes Line Combos | leftwinglock.com

Reactions: stppnmd

rt

May 13, 2004
Well you obviously haven't watched his entire career, because you don't even know he's played every shift EVS this season as a RD. That's embarrassing. I thought you were a Coyotes fan. Pretty terrible chirp bro. The difference between your chirp, and my chirp, is my chirp is actually true. I actually watch hockey. Here's proof you have no idea what you're talking about, there's the line combo chart for the year. It's weird how you watched him his entire career and you missed this revelation. Huh. :laugh:

Arizona Coyotes Line Combinations | Arizona Coyotes Line Combos | leftwinglock.com
The first post of mine you quoted said as much. You can’t read apparently.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Goligoski plays both. That's pretty obvious. They have him stapled to Chychrun this year because they are playing well together, but he could easily slide to the 3rd pair to be the LD to Soderstrom. That's not really up for debate.

I hope you realize how dumb it is to tell someone who has been posting on the Coyotes forum for 15 years that they don't watch the team or hockey. You didn't even read his post right.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Goligoski plays both. That's pretty obvious. They have him stapled to Chychrun this year because they are playing well together, but he could easily slide to the 3rd pair to be the LD to Soderstrom. That's not really up for debate.

I hope you realize how dumb it is to tell someone who has been posting on the Coyotes forum for 15 years that they don't watch the team or hockey.

Not as dumb as taking your best RD this season and pushing him down to the 3rd pairing so you can play an 18 year old that's not ready.

I seriously don't get the argument. There wasn't a chance in hell Soderstrom makes this team October 3rd. AND GUESS WHAT? HE DIDN'T.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not as dumb as taking your best RD this season and pushing him down to the 3rd pairing so you can play an 18 year old that's not ready.

Best at what? secondary assists? Goligoski is not a strong natural defender. The weaker the competition he faces, the better he is. He's not better than Demers or Hjalmarsson at actual defense. So, using your completely reductive argument, why would the Coyotes waste two stronger defenders by putting them lower in the lineup?

I always get a kick out of people that think they know the team better than the actual fans. Way to read a stat line, guy. Really flashing that knowledge.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Best at what? secondary assists? Goligoski is not a strong natural defender. The weaker the competition he faces, the better he is. He's not better than Demers or Hjalmarsson at actual defense. So, using your completely reductive argument, why would the Coyotes waste two stronger defenders by putting them lower in the lineup?

I always get a kick out of people that think they know the team better than the actual fans. Way to read a stat line, guy. Really flashing that knowledge.

He's been without a doubt the best RD on the team this season. And no, if I was going purely by stats his CF% isn't higher than Demers it's purely based off of what I've seen. You even said it yourself, the combo of Chychrun and Goligoski has been great. It's been without a doubt the best pairing this team has. And it's probably why it's the most used combo and why say Goligoski gets more mins than Demers. I mean don't take my word for it, take Tocchet's.

"why would the Coyotes waste two stronger defenders by putting them lower in the lineup?"

I don't know, maybe because one option works, and it makes absolutely sense to destroy that because some guy who's crying about how he's watched the yotes for 15 years with his buddy wants an 18 year old who's not ready in the lineup. LOL. No wonder people think Coyotes fans are uneducated. You do that stereotype no service, and I feel bad for the real fans of Coyotes who know their stuff. You're making them look bad.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I did some digging and here's a Chayka quote from a Craig Morgan (primary Coyotes beat) article:

“There’s not much projection,” said president of hockey operations John Chayka. “He’s playing against men and excelling against men so we don’t expect that he comes over and he’s overwhelmed or he’s young and he just can’t keep up.
“I don’t think this guy is far away from playing.”

But sure, he didn't have a chance

rt

May 13, 2004
He's been without a doubt the best RD on the team this season. And no, if I was going purely by stats his CF% isn't higher than Demers it's purely based off of what I've seen. You even said it yourself, the combo of Chychrun and Goligoski has been great. It's been without a doubt the best pairing this team has. And it's probably why it's the most used combo and why say Goligoski gets more mins than Demers. I mean don't take my word for it, take Tocchet's.

"why would the Coyotes waste two stronger defenders by putting them lower in the lineup?"

I don't know, maybe because one option works, and it makes absolutely sense to destroy that because some guy who's crying about how he's watched the yotes for 15 years with his buddy wants an 18 year old who's not ready in the lineup. LOL. No wonder people think Coyotes fans are uneducated. You do that stereotype no service, and I feel bad for the real fans of Coyotes who know their stuff. You're making them look bad.
Goligoski is not a RD. He’s a LD that’s currently playing RD. You wouldn’t need to push him down to play Soderstrom.

Your entire point from the get go is meaningless. It was clear from your first post that you don’t understand the make up of Arizona’s defense.

You have been obviously and pathetically scrambling to try to cover that plain fact since. Which is sad.

But it’s painfully apparent that you’re just ignorant and insecure. Too immature to simply admit you made a mistake initially.

Your initial point holds no water if you actually follow the team and understand the context of what you’re looking at. You clearly don’t. Which shouldn’t be hard to admit for a grown up.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Goligoski is not a RD. He’s a LD that’s currently playing RD. You wouldn’t need to push him down to play Soderstrom.

Your entire point from the get go is meaningless. It was clear from your first post that you don’t understand the make up of Arizona’s defense.

You have been obviously and pathetically scrambling to try to cover that plain fact since. Which is sad.

But it’s painfully apparent that you’re just ignorant and insecure. Too immature to simply admit you made a mistake initially.

Your initial point holds no water if you actually follow the team and understand the context of what you’re looking at. You clearly don’t. Which shouldn’t be hard to admit for a grown up.

How am I wrong?

Did Soderstrom make this team out of camp? SODERSTROM WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH NOR READY.

You are DELUSIONAL.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
This is what you led off with. It’s clearly ignorant and demonstrates an absolute lack of understanding of the situation on D in AZ.

DELUSIONAL.

Okay then, who are they benching at the start of the season if not those players? OEL? Hjalmarsson? Chychrun? YOU ARE DELUSIONAL and you don't have a leg to stand on.

rt

May 13, 2004
How am I wrong?

Did Soderstrom make this team out of camp? SODERSTROM WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH NOR READY.

You are DELUSIONAL.
You’re changing your argument out of a pathetical and desperate attempt to not appear to be wrong. Which you plainly are. You may not even remember your point. I just posted it to help you. You’ve obviously got a gold fish issue with remembering your point. Which is understandable given how inane your points have been.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
You’re changing your argument out of a pathetical and desperate attempt to not appear to be wrong. Which you plainly are. You may not even remember your point. I just posted it to help you. You’ve obviously got a gold fish issue with remembering your point. Which is understandable given how inane your points have been.

I'm not changing anything. Again, I think the issue is you picked a comment, without reading the tree in which I am responding to. Perhaps it's because you're delusional? Go back a page and read everything, read XX message and then the Buch message he was responding to. That might help you. Next after that, turn on a tv and watch a Coyotes game. That might also help.

rt

May 13, 2004
DELUSIONAL.

Okay then, who are they benching at the start of the season if not those players? OEL? Hjalmarsson? Chychrun? YOU ARE DELUSIONAL and you don't have a leg to stand on.
I’ll draw you a picture because you are illiterate.

Healthy:
OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Soderstrom
Oesterle

Hurt (all but four games):
OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Goligoski
Oesterle-Soderstrom
Lyubushkin

It’s really not hard man.

rt

May 13, 2004
^ look at that. Contrary to your baseless post it’s possible to dress him without scratching Demers or Goligoski. Who’d have thunk it? Anyone who’s watched any Coyotes games. That’s who. :)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I’ll draw you a picture because you are illiterate.

Healthy:
OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjalmarsson
Goligoski-Soderstrom
Oesterle
It’s really not hard man.

And I'm saying it's crazy to take your teams best RD, and put him on the 3rd line with a player that's not ready. Also if Goli was an option at LD, and he wasn't better utilized on Chychrun's pair, why wouldn't they be using Oesterle there? Oesterle plays better on the right side. Oh I know why. Because he's not, and Tocchet realizes this and employs Goli on the right side because he knows that's whats better for his team. Just like it was better for the team to not have Soderstrom on it this season. Not only is he not ready in terms of his skill and talent level, he's not physically mature to handle the rigours.

You don't dismantle your teams best option so you can string together 2 worse pairings. It's actually hilarious you think that's a winning strategy.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
^ look at that. Contrary to your baseless post it’s possible to dress him without scratching Demers or Goligoski. Who’d have thunk it? Anyone who’s watched any Coyotes games. That’s who. :)

Ya and it's possible to play Kessel in net instead of their two-headed beast. It doesn't mean a team who's main objective is to win will do it though.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
No. I’ve watched 90% of the games they’ve played over the last 23 years. I’ve only been posting on this site for 15 years. But I’ve watched nearly every game for 23. Small correction.

It's good to know they've had closed captioning for the visually impaired for 23 seasons. :thumbu:

rt

May 13, 2004
And I'm saying it's crazy to take your teams best RD, and put him on the 3rd line with a player that's not ready. Also if Goli was an option at LD, and he wasn't better utilized on Chychrun's pair, why wouldn't they be using Oesterle there? Oesterle plays better on the right side. Oh I know why. Because he's not, and Tocchet realizes this and employs Goli on the right side because he knows that's whats better for his team. Just like it was better for the team to not have Soderstrom on it this season. Not only is he not ready in terms of his skill and talent level, he's not physically mature to handle the rigours.

You don't dismantle your teams best option so you can string together 2 worse pairings. It's actually hilarious you think that's a winning strategy.
1) “If” Goligoski was an option at LD? Haha. I guess you haven’t paid attention over the last decade. He’s played LD for the majority of his career.

2) Why wouldn’t they give Oesterle more playing time? Because he’s not very good. You’d know that if you watched him play.

3) Oesterle “plays better” on the right? Nope. Keep digging.

4) It’s clear you’re completely out of your depth and are pathetically trying to save face for some unknown reason. Just pack it up. It’s sad.

rt

May 13, 2004
Ya and it's possible to play Kessel in net instead of their two-headed beast. It doesn't mean a team who's main objective is to win will do it though.
Yeah, but that wasn’t the point you led with was it? The one that was incorrect and the one that was in dispute to begin with when you started this? Keep moving the target. It’s obvious why you’re doing it.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
1) “If” Goligoski was an option at LD? Haha. I guess you haven’t paid attention over the last decade. He’s played LD for the majority of his career.

2) Why wouldn’t they give Oesterle more playing time? Because he’s not very good. You’d know that if you watched him play.

3) Oesterle “plays better” on the right? Nope. Keep digging.

4) It’s clear you’re completely out of your depth and are pathetically trying to save face for some unknown reason. Just pack it up. It’s sad.

1) It doesn't matter what's happened over the last decade or the majority of the career, it matters where the playere is now in their career and how to best utilize them. He is better on the right side. And that's why he's utilized there. I'm glad you think you, a blind person, is better qualified to make this decision than an NHL coach like Tocchet. Bless you.

2) Oesterle is serviceable. He's been that way his whole career. He's not a world beater though. But here's the thing. HE'S A BETTER OPTION THAN SODERSTROM RIGHT NOW. And gee whiz! It looks like Chayka and Tocchet agree! Wow! I would have thought they'd agree with the blind man!

3) He does. It's the side he was brought up on in the Oilers org, it's the side he scored his first goal, it's the side he's more frequently played this season.

4) Yep, I'm the one out of my depth. I'm the one who's supposedly "watched" this team for 23 years and is dead wrong about everything lol. Okay! I'm packing up! Yep! I'm packing up! *pretends to walk away knowing full well the blind man can't tell*

Get Siri to read this to you: Soderstrom wasn't good enough or ready enough to play this year. NHL professionals agreed with this idea. You're an embarrassment to the Coyotes board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad