RD Timothy Liljegren - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 17th, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWest89

May 15, 2015
my thoughts exactly, if I had to pick one person out of the next draft this kid would be it. Just seems to be that next swede defender vibe

Will be an interesting battle between he and Patrik (and whoever else joins the battle for number 1 overall). I'm still all for Nolan, as he has number 1 centre potential, but really like the looks of this kid as well.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
I wonder how good he will be. Right now he has much better numbers than Lindholm, Hedman, Larsson or Klingberg. He seems to be freaking good in the offensive zone.

In a perfect world the Ducks land him :-P

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I wonder how good he will be. Right now he has much better numbers than Lindholm, Hedman, Larsson or Klingberg. He seems to be freaking good in the offensive zone.

Larsson like in Adam Larsson? He had 17p in 49g in SHL the year before his draft. Little bit older, but still. I think it is hard to beat Adam larsson the year before the draft.

Klingberg was drafted in the 5th round, and the year before the draft he didnt even played in superelit. he is more of a late bloomer.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

In a perfect world the Ducks land him :-P

Well, Larsson was already mentioned, but I will also raise some doubts on better numbers than Hedman aswell. Hedman was a regular defenseman on a much better team(MODO were reigning champs at the time).

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not going to lie, it is very nice to see a RHD as a top ranked prospect in a draft year. Has not happened since Ekblad 3 drafts ago (when Liljegren is available). Some team is going to be very lucky to land this kid.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is going to be really good. I have him as #1 in 2017 as of now. I just don't think you can pass up a RHD who has #1 potential for a non-elite 1C prospect. I think Patrick is good, but I'm only passing up Liljegren for someone like McDavid or Eichel, not Patrick.

Things can change in a year, but thats my opinion as of now.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He almost looks like an NHLer already out there. I agree top three for sure and very possible #1.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
This guy is going to be really good. I have him as #1 in 2017 as of now. I just don't think you can pass up a RHD who has #1 potential for a non-elite 1C prospect. I think Patrick is good, but I'm only passing up Liljegren for someone like McDavid or Eichel, not Patrick.

Things can change in a year, but thats my opinion as of now.

If he continues to develop going into next year, I can definitely see this happening.

Might become a 1A/1B situation.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
He's had a really impressive tournament. Will be interesting to see if he can challenge Patrick.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Maybe his injury from the J20 playoffs is still bothering him, didn't play much against Canada.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maybe his injury from the J20 playoffs is still bothering him, didn't play much against Canada.

He tweaked his shoulder in Winnipeg in an exhibition game vs Canada and sat the full 3rd period after the incident so perhaps that is hampering him a bit. Kid is going to be amazing He is very dynamic.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I have heard this kid is great offensively but how is his defensive game?

He's strong defensively against junior aged players. Best +/- in Superelit as a 16 year old. He's already got a great frame with some weight but he's still a bit weak physically against men.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
After Patrick's struggles at the memorial cup (not being too reactionary as I believed this was possible prior) and the make-up of many of the bad teams, how many people think this guy is going to be a legitimate challenger for 1. I look at the bad teams (could change), but so many have a need for defenders particularly RHD its hard not to see a rise. To veteran Swedish fans, how would you compare him to other Swedish d of recent years? I know he isn't a freak like Hedman, but he seems to have the most hype since Adam Larsson, while OEL and Karlsson (seemed like late risers, atleast to this NA fan who loosely kept track of Sweden prospects at the time). From my small viewings he seems to be the best defensive prospect since Jones or Ekblad (many thought Jones was better), but I feel Hedman has had the most hype of any recent defender regardless of draft position.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
After Patrick's struggles at the memorial cup (not being too reactionary as I believed this possible prior) and the make-up of many of the bad teams, how many people think this guy is going to be a legitimate challenger for 1. I look at the bad teams (could change), but so many have a need for defenders particularly RHD its hard not to see a rise. To veteran Swedish fans, how would you compare him to other Swedish d of recent years? I know he isn't a freak like Hedman, but he seems to have the most hype since Adam Larsson, while OEL and Karlsson (seemed like late risers, atleast to this NA fan who loosely kept track of Sweden prospects at the time). From my small viewings he seems to be the best defensive prospect since Jones or Ekblad (many thought Jones was better), but I feel Hedman has had the most hype of any recent defender regardless of draft position.

Good bump. I am really looking forward to watching more of this kid this upcoming season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Good bump. I am really looking forward to watching more of this kid this upcoming season.
Felt it was creeping into the Patrick thread a bit much, and didn't want to derail that, and make it appear I was bashing Patrick (due to the Memorial cup) to big up Liljegren. Plus, I'm hoping this board gets a Swedish presence half as large as the Finns right now to give some insight. Kid looks special from my viewings.

Shwaguy*

I don't want the Leafs close to the bottom of the standings next year but it would be insane if we added this guy to our core.

I love his game I think he'll be first overall and it will be pretty obvious come draft time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad