RD Timothy Liljegren (2017, 17th, TOR) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Could be a very big addition in a year or if injuries happen down the line this year. His skating, right shot and defensive game edge out him ahead of sandin for me.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
He has made such big improvements. I remember going to Marlies games in his first year in NA and he was slipping and falling all over the place. He is a completely different player now.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Liljegren looks dominant so far in this early AHL season. He looks ready for the NHL. Would love to see him get some games beside Muzzin.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Liljegren looks dominant so far in this early AHL season. He looks ready for the NHL. Would love to see him get some games beside Muzzin.

This season, the AHL is watered down by ECHLers and top AHLers are on taxi squads. Tonight featured 10-2 and 7-3 games. I’m not impressed by the quality of play.

The NHL has been watered down too... every night there’s one or two AHLers that don’t belong.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This season, the AHL is watered down by ECHLers and top AHLers are on taxi squads. Tonight featured 10-2 and 7-3 games. I’m not impressed by the quality of play.

The NHL has been watered down too... every night there’s one or two AHLers that don’t belong.
Fair enough. He looked dominant last year as well. A 1st pairing defenceman as a 20 year old. It's definitely time for him to see some NHL minutes. Sink or swim.

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Fair enough. He looked dominant last year as well. A 1st pairing defenceman as a 20 year old. It's definitely time for him to see some NHL minutes. Sink or swim.

I think it was last season? When I watched the Marlies, I was vastly more impressed by Sandin. He was more mobile and made decisions quicker.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think it was last season? When I watched the Marlies, I was vastly more impressed by Sandin. He was more mobile and made decisions quicker.
They seem to yo-yo back and forth in terms of who looks better on any given night. Both should be NHLers in some capacity.

The most important thing (in my opinion) is bringing them in with the right partner. The Leafs for whatever reason have tried bringing them in with inexperienced partners and naturally, it hasn't worked. Liljegren with Muzzin and Sandin with Bogosian makes so much sense to me.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
They seem to yo-yo back and forth in terms of who looks better on any given night. Both should be NHLers in some capacity.

The most important thing (in my opinion) is bringing them in with the right partner. The Leafs for whatever reason have tried bringing them in with inexperienced partners and naturally, it hasn't worked. Liljegren with Muzzin and Sandin with Bogosian makes so much sense to me.

The last two Marlies games are the first ones I've seen since Sandin played in the AHL playoffs. Liljegren does not look NHL ready to my eyes. He struggles with the pace of game even in the AHL and made numerous poor passes under pressure (almost Durzi-like). Maybe it's because the Marlies are so bad? I would love to see Sandin on the Marlies for comparison.

My standard for "NHL ready" for D is basically dominating the AHL This season, I've only personally seen three dominate: Drysdale, Joey Keane, and Max Gildon (Panthers prospect playing for the Condors). Lots others I've missed I'm sure because I don't watch the North/Central/Canadian divisions much.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
The last two Marlies games are the first ones I've seen since Sandin played in the AHL playoffs. Liljegren does not look NHL ready to my eyes. He struggles with the pace of game even in the AHL and made numerous poor passes under pressure (almost Durzi-like). Maybe it's because the Marlies are so bad? I would love to see Sandin on the Marlies for comparison.

My standard for "NHL ready" for D is basically dominating the AHL This season, I've only personally seen three dominate: Drysdale, Joey Keane, and Max Gildon (Panthers prospect playing for the Condors). Lots others I've missed I'm sure because I don't watch the North/Central/Canadian divisions much.
He was like this in the few games in the bigs as well

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I watched these last two games, mostly to see CC (okay, only to see CC) but I did notice TL. I thought he played a lot harder on pucks than he used to. He’s got decent skill. I see him as a 6/7 guy on an NHL team.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I watched these last two games, mostly to see CC (okay, only to see CC) but I did notice TL. I thought he played a lot harder on pucks than he used to. He’s got decent skill. I see him as a 6/7 guy on an NHL team.

It's okay.... we all watched for CC :)

I definitely see offensive skill but defensively I'm less certain he can handle the NHL speed.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's okay.... we all watched for CC :)

I definitely see offensive skill but defensively I'm less certain he can handle the NHL speed.
That’s why I think he’s a 6/7 guy. Seems like a good character guy, who will work really hard. He might bounce around the bottom teams and make a career for himself. I don’t think he’s good enough for the Leafs though.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He will be a TOP 4 Defenseman, unless TML butcher his development

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
He'll have been in the team already, but cos the Leafs are doing everything they can for the cap to make space for the deadline, he can't yet, else it scuppers it somewhat.

He'll be in the team next year and i'm excited. He's looking real good and i'm glad they've let him take time to put it all together, rather than rush it.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Despite being dominant in the AHL for the most part during the past two seasons, the guy has two mediocre games against Laval and he goes from a potential top 4 D to 6/7 league journeyman. Classic HF.

"Struggles with the pace of the game".... Anyone that has watched the Marlies consistently knows how funny that is. He is dictating the pace of the game most nights.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He will be a TOP 4 Defenseman, unless TML butcher his development

Well, he has been developing the last 4 years with the organization, total of 12 games in the NHL, 174 in the AHL.
Sure he is only 22, but he isn't 18 year old tweener anymore.

Yes, sure, every player develops with their own unique pace, but..

Next season will be his 5th try out, trying to make it to the opening day roster.
+ final year of his ELC

Not sure how many tries, looks, left..

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Lily played very well last night and at the very minimum, can be a valuable cost-controlled bottom pairing defender for the Leafs.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like i have been hearing about this guy for a decade. Thought he would have been in the HOF by now.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Man he looked good. Some dman take time to develop. He’s more then ready for big nhl minutes. Leafs have 2 studs with him and Sandin

Reactions: Wendelstache

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Well, he has been developing the last 4 years with the organization, total of 12 games in the NHL, 174 in the AHL.
Sure he is only 22, but he isn't 18 year old tweener anymore.

Yes, sure, every player develops with their own unique pace, but..

Next season will be his 5th try out, trying to make it to the opening day roster.
+ final year of his ELC

Not sure how many tries, looks, left..

Most people know # of tries at camp are completely irrelevant.

20-23 is where most guys who are destined to make the league will make it. Dmen making it at 22 or 23 and having good-great careers is pretty normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad