RD Noah Warren - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 42nd, ANA)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Both raised their stock in the game so unlikely
Do you like Warren or George better as an NHL prospect? Warren is obviously bigger but both seem super athletic and have tended thus far in their young junior careers to be more defensive presences but may have the mobility and tools for more. I take it Warren is even more of a defensive first guy that George?

Reactions: Macman

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
I think Luneau has more offensive potential over Warren. Warren feels like a solid NHL player but I don't know what his offensive upside in NHL will be.

Both guys will most likely play in NHL.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Do you like Warren or George better as an NHL prospect? Warren is obviously bigger but both seem super athletic and have tended thus far in their young junior careers to be more defensive presences but may have the mobility and tools for more. I take it Warren is even more of a defensive first guy that George?
I’d definitely take Warren first, his package is something that is quite rare in today’s NHL. Right handed 6’5” defender that is an effortless skater and is a wall defensively… only guy that even comes close to that is Colton Parayko.

Warren is still so raw and if he was playing on almost any other QMJHL team he’d likely have better offensive numbers.

In my opinion, in 6-8 years from now, GM’s are going to he asking themselves “How do we find another Noah Warren in the draft” because he’s a unicorn, there aren’t many players like Warren.

Jul 6, 2016
I hope Habs gonna pick this Montreal's born kid in the second round with one of their picks. They need more RHD with size.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Kind of reminds me of Darnell Nurse - is that a stretch?

I know he's considered great defensively which Nurse isn't.. but idk I just see it

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kind of reminds me of Darnell Nurse - is that a stretch?

I know he's considered great defensively which Nurse isn't.. but idk I just see it

Not sure what you're seeing. They don't have the same build, same role, same strengths/weaknesses.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I was scout in the Q when he was 15 yo in

I was four on my list. He's not my ideal 2022 D, but that guy can skate with his size. His 1 vs 1 is special, and his hands is not a liability

Great second pick this year

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted by the Gatineau Olympiques with the eighth overall pick in the 2020 QMJHL Draft, defenceman Noah Warren came into the league with big expectations. The big defender never seemed to find his game in his rookie season, a year that was interrupted for big periods of time due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Warren scored just one goal and three assists for four points in 29 games. He also added one assist in four playoff games.

Things went better for Warren this season. He showed big improvements in his offensive production. Warren scored five goals and 19 assists for 24 points in 62 games. He also added one assist in seven playoff games. Warren was rewarded for his efforts with an invite to the CHL Top Prospects Game. He helped Team White to a 3-1 victory. Warren was also invited to the recent NHL Draft Combine in Buffalo, New York.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I am so glad we got Warren, especially after some of the big Dmen I wanted got drafted in the 1st. Definitely fits a need for us.
Was hoping to get Miro, Lambert, Yurov or Bischel with #22 but Warren at #42 is a really great pick, both skate very good for 6'5 Dmen but Warren is a right shot D and Bischel a left shot D.
This could be the long term Manson replacement.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Was hoping to get Miro, Lambert, Yurov or Bischel with #22 but Warren at #42 is a really great pick, both skate very good for 6'5 Dmen but Warren is a right shot D and Bischel a left shot D.
This could be the long term Manson replacement.
Well we got Minty as our LD so I guess missing out on Bischel and getting Warren in the 2nd works out for us in the end.

Did he standout enough to be picked ahead of team mate Luneau?
We got both hehe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad