RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
@OgeeOgelthorpe Funny, Lidstrom and Pronger were exactly who I thought of when I watch Seider. He plays a hard-hitting, physically imposing game like Pronger, but also a cerebral one like Lidstrom. Gotta say I'm just as bullish on him.

He's a high draft pick (picked by someone who played with Lidstrom...), and he's excelled and distinguished himself at every level so far. I have very little doubt he will continue that into the NHL.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Reminds me of a taller Doughty. Not quite as good of a skater but has better reach and strength. They both are just dogs out there and love to compete.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Doughty has a much harder shot. I don’t see the comparison at all actually. Seider will be very good. Doughty is very good. But stylistically I don’t see much in terms of similarities.
Their offensive skillsets are not similar at all, but I can see the comparison from their off puck play. They're both extremely aggressive in terms of positioning in the neutral zone and defending off the rush. Seider has that doughty-esque ability to completely dismantle a forecheck with patience on the puck and well timed distribution as well.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Reminds me of a taller Doughty. Not quite as good of a skater but has better reach and strength. They both are just dogs out there and love to compete.

What?

This is a terrible comparison. Every time I see it tossed out on this board it makes me cringe.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What?

This is a terrible comparison. Every time I see it tossed out on this board it makes me cringe.
How many other RHD are there that compete as hard as Doughty? It's obvious when you watch Seider that he too has that rare competitive streak. Calm down.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Their offensive skillsets are not similar at all, but I can see the comparison from their off puck play. They're both extremely aggressive in terms of positioning in the neutral zone and defending off the rush. Seider has that doughty-esque ability to completely dismantle a forecheck with patience on the puck and well timed distribution as well.
Exactly. Most elite RHD are puck movers - Hamilton, Spurgeon, Karlsoon, Pietrangelo, Makar. Its rare we get a good RHD with a chip on their shoulder and enough skill on the top pair - there are only a handful in the league right now in Doughty/Parakyo and maybe someone im missing.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Exactly. Most elite RHD are puck movers - Hamilton, Spurgeon, Karlsoon, Pietrangelo, Makar. Its rare we get a good RHD with a chip on their shoulder and enough skill on the top pair - there are only a handful in the league right now in Doughty/Parakyo and maybe someone im missing.

So Weber without the shot?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Think those Chelios comparisons have been the best.

Pain in the ass to play against with some great skill.
Chelios was a complete asshole out there. Seider has a great attitude but is just very competitive. I guess they get similar results but through different means. Seider might have a similar career to McAvoy. Both skate well and like to take care of the defensive end first and hit pretty much everything they can. Both pass extremely well and that is their best attribute offensively. Neither has a huge shot but both can get it on net for rebounds and get the odd goal.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Chelios was a complete asshole out there. Seider has a great attitude but is just very competitive. I guess they get similar results but through different means. Seider might have a similar career to McAvoy. Both skate well and like to take care of the defensive end first and hit pretty much everything they can. Both pass extremely well and that is their best attribute offensively. Neither has a huge shot but both can get it on net for rebounds and get the odd goal.

Different eras. Defensemen were expected to be assholes back then, and Chelios was on the 1st team all stars of assholes every season of his prime.

I'm sure if Seider played in the 80s and 90s he'd have been as much an asshole as Chelios was.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I think Seider might be seen as that modern day Chelios though. The leagues way softer now so he wont be like Chelios was, but relative to the league, he might be one of the most hated, high end dmen. Its not like hes Kronwall who just throws big open ice hits but is pretty quiet everywhere else. Seider will clear you out out front and is in every scrum

Reactions: Henkka

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
what i notice about seider is his acceleration from a dead dig , plus agility / athleticism . though have to add in very quick thinking with size and ruggedness . its a very rare mix to get somebody so big and powerful with his quick step and agility , thats why hes getting to so many hits . hes quick and agile in all his body movements like last week when he spun around and poked the puck off opponants stick . i was shocked at how fast he spun a 180 and got his stick reached around guy and exactly on puck , hes always taking pucks from opponants . to me theres nobody out there in recent memory to compare him to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad