RD Conor Timmins (2017, 32nd, COL; traded to ARI)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
tb_20_connor_timmins_ep.jpg

2017 prospect who impressed me alot in his rookie season, keep an eye out for him next season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=267584

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
His +/- numbers are straight up nuts. Most of his team is in the single digits and he's +31. Same story last year too.

It looks like he can play defense, he can score, and he's even got decent size. Does anyone have anything on this guy?

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Where's the chatter on this guy?

57 points in 62 games ... +/- rating of +48 (next highest on his team is +27) ... good size and plays an intense, physical game from what I've read ... 11 more 5v5 points than any other first-time draft eligible defenseman in the CHL ... his estimated points per 60 minutes of ice time is nearly half a point higher than any other first-time draft eligible CHL dman ... a top defenseman on one of the best teams in the OHL

Why isn't he a consensus first rounder at this point? Are there issues with his skating, or does he perhaps lack an exceptional skill? I know he barely missed the cut-off for last year's draft, but is there something I'm missing here?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't go first round. You're right about the age thing, and a lot of people still have an attitude that you can't be an NHL defenseman if you're under 6'3"

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Timmins has the second-most ES primary points/60 of any draft eligible d-man in the CHL, behind only Valimaki (Ryan Merkley is #2, but he isn't eligible yet... he's going to be extremely good).

Good scouting report:

This season has seen Timmins development curve crescent higher than many anticipated. He has taken over as the Greyhounds top defender from the likes of Colton White (New Jersey Devils – 97th overall in 2015) and Gustav Bouramman (Minnesota Wild – 201st overall in 2015).

Timmins plays in any situation for the Greyhounds. Despite being “only” 6’1” he plays with the physical intensity of someone more like 6’5”. He does not shy away from the physical battles in corners, along the boards or in front of his own goal. He can and does throw open ice hits. He’s even been seen taking a faceoff or two in his own zone a la Raymond Bourque. His plus-24 to date speaks volumes to his two-way game.

An off-season regiment to advance his skating and overall strength has certainly bolstered Timmins.

Offensively, Timmins thinks the game very well and along with his vision makes him dangerous from the point. Whether its finding seams to set up teammates or getting a diversity of shots through to the goal, he is very proficient. He quarterbacks the OHL’s 8th most potent powerplay exceptionally well. He ranks fifth among Greyhounds in powerplay goals with 3 and second in powerplay assists with 7.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Will be a late first round steal for one of the contender teams

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Said it a couple months ago on the Leafs sub but I guarantee he'll be a 1st rounder. I'd comfortably take him in the late teens. Literally brings everything you want from a modern defender and can absolutely light people up.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Reminds me ina way of Mcavoy not in the playstyle but both will not be top tenners in there draft but will quickly proove they should of been. But its still march maybe scouts will figure this out better than mcavoy

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If the Leafs get either this guy, Foote, or Valimaki I will be a happy camper.

Foote can't skate, pass.

I'd take Timmins in the first half and not have a second thought. Really tough choice between him, Hague, and Makar for me. All so good for so many different reasons. (This is assuming we're picking at like 13-15)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I see McKeen's is the only list to have him in the Top 31. If he's around by the 25th pick, I want the Rangers to take him. I think I'd take him over Jokiharju.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well i have him at no.12 on my own list :P

I have not seen him play much what is holding him back at this point because on paper he looks great? 6'1 182 which is ideal size for his age IMO and he has 60 points in 66 games which is great although I have no idea how many points are primary and how many are from the PP but either way that is a big number.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is a Right Shot d-men. .but does he play LD or RD for his team?

SOME d-men play the off shot side in 5x5 and only play their shot side on the PP or maybe there are some who do tge opposite...play only shot side in 5x5 and play off shot side on PP?

SO is he bused exclusively on 1 side or is there a switch when he goes on PP ..and so which sides is he playing in the situation (which side for 5x5
..which side for PP?).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Timmins is one of my preferred targets for the Yotes with the MIN 1st. Honestly, I don't think the dropoff between him and Liljegren is huge, although Liljegren has more game-breaking upside.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have a feeling either Timmins or Brannstrom will be a Ranger

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Timmins is one of my preferred targets for the Yotes with the MIN 1st. Honestly, I don't think the dropoff between him and Liljegren is huge, although Liljegren has more game-breaking upside.

I like Timmins more tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad