RD Conor Timmins (2017, 32nd, COL; traded to ARI)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yea i really liked both him and Hague last year.. they both went much later than they should have. Steals.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Honestly i still can't believe he wasn't a top 10 pick (let alone not a 1st rounder!).. everything about him screams stud. Massive ****ing steal for Colorado, jesus.
Big high five for you (and me!) on this guy. We were all over him in the mocks last year. Still a long road to the NHL but feels good man.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah this kid deserves a ton of hype. Excellent dman that excels in all areas of the game. I also don’t get the skating concerns at all. He’s only going to get better.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
I was hoping for my leafs to draft him at 17 and then Lilly fell to us so I forgot about this prospect and now I just had to check where he got drafted so congrats Avs fans for what looks like a great draft pick !

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Poor Man's Chabot? Don't understand all the criticism of his skating....he can flat out motor when he gets open ice.

Reactions: 99664987

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He still needs to work on his skating but he does seem to have good awareness and game sense when he's skating the puck up the ice. Looks a bit wonky but it works.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But he’s also huge, can move exceedingly well, and demonstrated outstanding hands and passing ability at the WJC that I didn’t know he possessed.
I don't think he he handles the physical game well and his skating is quite bad, which is why he went so low in the draft. But I still had him as a 1st rounder due to his his superb hockey IQ. He didn't even show his offencive game due to being asked to play a shutdown role and still got a primary assist on Canada's GWG. He is very good as a QB on the PP for SSM. He probably won't overtake Makar for the Avs on the 1st unit, but definitely will be there on the second.

It's kind of funny though looking back on it now, Avs preferred and would have drafted PO Joseph over Timmins if both were there at 32nd.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't think he he handles the physical game well and his skating is quite bad, which is why he went so low in the draft. But I still had him as a 1st rounder due to his his superb hockey IQ. He didn't even show his offencive game due to being asked to play a shutdown role and still got a primary assist on Canada's GWG. He is very good as a QB on the PP for SSM. He probably won't overtake Makar for the Avs on the 1st unit, but definitely will be there on the second.

It's kind of funny though looking back on it now, Avs preferred and would have drafted PO Joseph over Timmins if both were there at 32nd.
His skating isn't quite bad, he moves around just fine, it just looks akward, but his speed and acceleration is just fine.

Reactions: 99664987

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
His skating isn't quite bad, he moves around just fine, it just looks akward, but his speed and acceleration is just fine.
I think we're seeing a bit of Ryan O'Reilly in Timmins, where neither players skating was good, but their IQ was good enough to anticipate where the puck was going to be. It is something that just needs to improve if he want so make the NHL and something easy to fix so it isn't a huge concern of mine. I'm glad scouts were iffy about his skating because we got a gem here.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have a feeling either Timmins or Brannstrom will be a Ranger
Really thought he’d be a Ranger (I’m beyond happy with Chytil though) at the time of the draft I really wanted Timmins at 21 and thought it was going to happen for sure when we grabbed Lias at 7. We needed RHD at the time too but oh well, Avs got a good one. Kid was dominant and I’m glad other people are starting to see it now after watching him. Avs added Timmins, Makar, and Girard in under a year.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Two trades. Zadorov is 22 years old and very much part of the future. And he's looking mighty fine right now.

Absolutely, I just meant how less than a year ago the Avs were considered to have a weak future in D but now it's looking great

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Definitely a kid who caught my eye during the WJC. Hadn't seen him prior to the tournament but he stood out for sure. Don't see the skating concerns either. His technique may not be perfect but he gets around just fine. Easy to see why this guy was +15 in a short tournament like this, and +53 on the Soo last year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My only gripe is that between the years he and Makar are having, and the numbers game going in SA with the shared team (plus the injury he's rumored to be playing through); that Meloche has become the forgotten man in our prospect pipeline even though he looks like he could become a Manson-lite :laugh:

If the team can add one more high upside LHD with one of the three 1sts we have in the next two drafts, we should finally have the prospect depth to even be able to withstand some stagnation or unfortunate injuries messing with the development of some of these kids and still have a strong d-corps to support MacK n the forwards.

Pity management seems to have moved on from Bigras already though; cause a Bigras-Timmins pairing in a couple seasons could've been a beautiful combo with Bigras' skating and careful game serving as the perfect compliment to Timmins' creativity & aggressiveness.

Last edited:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Pity management seems to have moved on from Bigras already though; cause a Bigras-Timmins pairing in a couple seasons should've been a beautiful combo with Bigras' skating and careful game serving as the perfect compliment to Timmins' creativity & aggressiveness.
Actually, after watching Mete-Timmins I think him and Girard would form a nice complimentary pairing.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Soo is littered with draft "steals" it seems. Some of the best players in the OHL and the highest NHL pick was at 27.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad