RD Bode Wilde (2018, 41st, NYI)

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
This has London Knights written all over it. Lou Lam sent Hunter back to London to make sure it happened. Wilde will be properly groomed into an elite d-man for many years to come.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
This has London Knights written all over it. Lou Lam sent Hunter back to London to make sure it happened. Wilde will be properly groomed into an elite d-man for many years to come.
Sign and trade?

Personally I wouldn't mind Bode staying in Saginaw it sounds like they will be better this year. Plus Blade Jenkins plays there.

London would be monstrous if they got Wilde but for Wilde's own development I wonder what is better - play a lesser role for a champion caliber London Knights, or play #1D for an up and coming Saginaw?

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Miller earned the nickname of K'antplay Miller on the Habs board. He has tools and all but he has so many flaws it's tough to justify the pick at 22.

Has the Habs board ever considered that to be racist?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
How's that racist?

Just because the guy's black doesn't mean you can't insult him. And "K'antplay" sounds a lot like "K'andre"

I actually think it's pretty clever if you think the guy has low hockey IQ, which has been a big knock on him for a while (similar to Wilde)

I think it’s more of the fact that he’s only been playing defense for 2 years rather than a low hockey iq. Theres a difference between still learning the position and making the same mistakes over and over for years, which would indicate a low hockey iq

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How's that racist?

Just because the guy's black doesn't mean you can't insult him. And "K'antplay" sounds a lot like "K'andre"

I actually think it's pretty clever if you think the guy has low hockey IQ, which has been a big knock on him for a while (similar to Wilde)

Because if he was not black in all likelihood there would be no effort to make a play on words on his name based on how “bad” they thought he was.

Reactions: dano16

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So uhhhh anyways how about that Bode Wilde. Quite the boom bust pick huh?
yep, no chance he goes to London, they got Boqvist to play there this year, along with Bouchard and Regula, no reason for Wilde to have to battle for that ice time he needs..

I am not the biggest supporter of him going to the OHL as I feel he needs more practicing/off ice training to help work on his issues...playing more games might just mask some of his issues or even make them greater. I wish the best for the kid, big supporter of his despite some issues he has, but the ceiling is extremely high for him, if he can put it all together, not many higher BOOM out there.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
yep, no chance he goes to London, they got Boqvist to play there this year, along with Bouchard and Regula, no reason for Wilde to have to battle for that ice time he needs..

I am not the biggest supporter of him going to the OHL as I feel he needs more practicing/off ice training to help work on his issues...playing more games might just mask some of his issues or even make them greater. I wish the best for the kid, big supporter of his despite some issues he has, but the ceiling is extremely high for him, if he can put it all together, not many higher BOOM out there.

He signed with Saginaw like ~2 hours ago.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Because if he was not black in all likelihood there would be no effort to make a play on words on his name based on how “bad” they thought he was.

Bah, that happens quite often with players from all nationality. On the top of my head, I remember Filip/Philip AHL being laugh at and labelled future AHLer...

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I do not understand your reply?

If you are saying he signed with Saginaw and not London, I am well aware - some people were saying he will get traded to London which is why I put how stacked London is.
And it is looking like, based on the tweet Bode retweeted, that he will indeed be playing for Saginaw.

I agree that college hockey is probably a better development league at this point as they do really focus on the fundamentals but for someone like Bode where he presumably sturggled academically, the OHL life might be a good fit. He doesn't have to worry about off ice issues as much, he can really immerse himself in hockey. Hopefully Saginaw has some good coaches that can work on his kinks. I am sure if he works hard and makes it to the show, Trotz can help him big time ..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If he wasnt black, his name would likely not be K'andre, thats true.

But yeah?... thats as far as it goes.

Nicknames are just there for fun...
Bustchenyuk
McJesus
Max Patioready
Dandouillon
Jose Threeormore

Are those all racist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad