RD Adam Tilander - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2017 undrafted)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Well, aren't you Adam Tilander?:sarcasm:

Thks anyways! I'll try to gather some info on him this season and I'll post it here.

:laugh: nope, I lost a bet. Then I had to change it from Thilander to Tilander because apparently it was originally spelled wrong lol

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Well, you can watch most of the U18/U20 games in sweden now on http://livearena.com if you're willing to pay (not exactly the greatest quality on the streams though.) He's #8 in Skellefteå J18.
Here's his PP-goal today in the semifinals of TV-pucken. http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1574982/vasterbotten-utokar-ledningen

:laugh: nope, I lost a bet. Then I had to change it from Thilander to Tilander because apparently it was originally spelled wrong lol
He probably spells it Thilander even though the birth certificate says Tilander. Common occurance to spell your last name in a certain way for generations but never bother changing it officially.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I see he has lost weight and is now listed at 190, is he still a notable prospect?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
drafted by North Bay Battalion OHL...Stan will polish him up a bit....good resume for developing defence since that's all he knows...

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can any posters from Sweden chime in on this development?

Is he under contract with Skelleftea next season? Would he consider playing in NA to potentially improve his draft stock?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Shouldn't be eligible for the 2018 draft? I thought the cutoff was September 15th, he misses it by about 3 days?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Can any posters from Sweden chime in on this development?

Is he under contract with Skelleftea next season? Would he consider playing in NA to potentially improve his draft stock?

It sounds like he will head to North America for next year.

There's been tons of hype for him early and on here and elsewhere moreso than in Sweden I would almost say. He's a draft prospect but not one challenging the top D in Sweden like Liljegren and Brännström.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It sounds like he will head to North America for next year.

There's been tons of hype for him early and on here and elsewhere moreso than in Sweden I would almost say. He's a draft prospect but not one challenging the top D in Sweden like Liljegren and Brännström.

That would be one heck of a get for Stan Butler. Where are you hearing this?

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Most likely the case of an oversized kid having the upper hand over his peers.

5'11" at 13, uh?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Most likely the case of an oversized kid having the upper hand over his peers.

5'11" at 13, uh?

Happens.

Remember in my soccer team at 12 most of us where experiencing puberty and we had this kid who was going through it 2 years earlier. He scored 200 goals in a season where the next kid had about 20-30. Everyone was thinking he was going to be the next best thing.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He was an early developer and that lead to the hype years ago, but he's still a decent prospect if you look at it now, big righty d-man who can do most things well. As Ulvvf said, not someone who's gonna challenge for the first round, tho.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
How has this guy looked in the OHL thus far? His numbers look decent. Any chance of going in the first round?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
How has this guy looked in the OHL thus far? His numbers look decent. Any chance of going in the first round?

Had the chance to watch him in an 8-3 L vs. London. I liked his skating, especially his backwards skating. His turning is very fluid along with his edge work. I would like to see him work on his straight line speed though. He's not going to win many flat out foot races. Very intelligent player though. Knew where everyone needed to be in every situation. Great vision too, able to make perfect breakout passes the majority of the time. I liked his stick work in the defensive zone, able to disrupt plays effectively.

What's holding him back from being a first rounder is the physical side of the game and lacking a dynamic offensive side to his game along with the mentioned lack of overall speed. He was a threat right up until he hit the offensive zone.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
After being on the radar for so many years, he goes undrafted...

Yeah, I think he was a classic example of those kids who developed early physically and were able to dominate their peers because of that. Once everyone else catches up physically, these players look fairly average.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Crazy. I remember I got him in this draft in my EHM game a couple years ago. That's how on the radar he was. The game had him planned out like 2 years in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad