RD Adam Tilander - North Bay Battalion, OHL (2017 undrafted)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Buddy of mine saw this kid playing a U18 game recently and thought the world of him after seeing just a few shifts. He didn't get to see much else but he made sure to get the name Adam Thilander written down. Is this kid on the map? Kind of sounds dumb asking seeing as he's 13 playing in U18 but is he legit?

I should mention he's Swedish.

Last edited:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Let me guess, you're adam thilander?

I guess this kid deserves a thread, he is waaay ahead of the development curve for a 13-year old, playing in j-18 and scoring a lot of points in Tv-pucken a nationwide tournament for 15-year olds. His draftyear is 2017 so let's wait and see :)

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
He's having an impressive TV-Pucken showing. Game on right now, link with stream available in the Swedish section.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He's having an impressive TV-Pucken showing. Game on right now, link with stream available in the Swedish section.
It's making me install crap before watching, this kid better be good. :rant:

Edit: Once you manage to track him down (#21 in yellow this game), he actually seems to what he's hyped up to be.
He makes a lot happen and even picked up an assist since I've tuned in.
Looking back at it, it looks to be a phantom assist, but whatever. :laugh:

Last edited:

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
13 years old and he's an inch shorter than me..well then. Sounds like he's pretty far ahead in all his development, including physical. It'll be nice to see how he turns out.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Kids something special.

Third defenceman in scoring at Tv-Pucken.

GP:6 G:3 A:4 TP:7 +6

To boot he's almost six feet and 200 pounds. As a thirteen year old that's impressive.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So he played J18 already last year as a 12/13 year old?

Let the hype train commence.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
So I noticed his names been changed for North Americans to Adam Tilander lol

He's currently playing for Västergötland, he's still the youngest player on his team and currently has 8GP 3G 4A 7PTS.

In comparison, neither Victor Hedman or Adam Larsson were playing at this age in TV-Pucken let alone being in their second season in that league lool definitely still one to watch, I hope he makes an appearance at the U17's either this year or next.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
So I noticed his names been changed for North Americans to Adam Tilander lol

He's currently playing for Västergötland, he's still the youngest player on his team and currently has 8GP 3G 4A 7PTS.

In comparison, neither Victor Hedman or Adam Larsson were playing at this age in TV-Pucken let alone being in their second season in that league lool definitely still one to watch, I hope he makes an appearance at the U17's either this year or next.

No, he's not currently playing for Västergötland. TV-pucken is during the pre-season only.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
He's made one appearance for Skövde IK J18 this season. I guess he normally plays for Skövde IK U16 but I'm not sure.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He's made one appearance for Skövde IK J18 this season. I guess he normally plays for Skövde IK U16 but I'm not sure.

He's not on their "A-pojk"(-97 & -98 born) roster, but hard to say because I can't find stats for those leagues. That's an obscure level anyway.

The thing with those lower junior divisions is that they don't play nearly enough games. Skövde was relegated from J18 Elit last year which is the top U18 division, and they played 34 games(the top teams play 40+playoffs). This year he plays in a division where they only play 18(!) games stretching from October-March. He seems like a pretty promising kid, but needs to change team to progress. Obviously he's just barely a teenager, not the easiest thing to just move elsewhere.

He's named to a regional U16 development camp anyway(http://swehockey.se/ImageVaultFiles/id_23863/cf_113/MB Roster Borås R16 2012 no1.PDF) where he's the only -98 born so the federation obviously has their eyes open. There are four regional camps like this in total(covering all of Sweden) and only four -98 borns are on them, so you could say he's among the top guys in his age group right now.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Alright Swedes, we're talking '98 born guys like Sean Day now, tell us about your '98 born D-man. I haven't heard much of anything (pretty much what's in this thread + a little bit) on Tilander this season and it's been driving me nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad