Confirmed with Link: RD Adam Clendening - 1 yr, 650k

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Rangers fans on Twitter are having a fit.

Most felt Clendening got held back by Vigneault who "loves his veterans too much"

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't know that a 650k deal with a guy who has 81g of NHL experience impacts a potential trade for a established vet making 4+ million/yr.

Unless Clendening got a two way deal, Demers would be 8D on one ways.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I actually like the signing, and he can probably be a regular if needed, but I don't know that he's an upgrade on Murphy.
I'd certainly rather they play him as a regular than KConn who I'm over as anything other than a #7.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Rangers fans on Twitter are having a fit.

Most felt Clendening got held back by Vigneault who "loves his veterans too much"

Has more to do with Girardi than with Clendening. And I disagree. Lots of disrespect for an old soldier just because of his contract. Clendening isn't bad but by no means a sensation...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like both. KConn is loved in the room and an ideal #7. Schenn is needed for the physicality.

Not advocating. Just saying. Clendening isn't the type that rules out the acquisition of a guy like Demers. Murphy went for Hjalmarsson. It happens.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
DDqkZmQXkAAbJbl.jpg:large

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He should be an overall upgrade on Murphy. Hjalmarsson should be an overall upgrade over DeAngelo. If OEL bounces back and Chychrun doesn't regress, it's hard to imagine this year's D corps being worse than last year's, even without additional movement.

I'm not a Murphy fan, be he the sure hell is better than Clendening.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can someone explain these things. Other than the obvious that the numbers are good, I've no idea what these numbers represent, particularly when comparing with others like Daley.

GAR measures a player's impact in every phase of the game and then stacks them like blocks on a chart. If a player has a negative impact in a phase, their number is red and to the left. That's bad. If they have a positive impact, it's to the right and blue. The larger the impact - good or bad - the larger the bar section.

Clendening has no bad, but his sample size is small. The other names around him represent players that have roughly the same impact on the game.

Here is Shattenkirk's by comparison:

DDq4aJaXcAEi7J6.jpg:large

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Even if they have to cut this guy or KCon if they bring in someone else or someone like Wood makes the team, it's not like they'd have to eat a huge contract. I know we are a budget team but these contracts shouldn't keep us from doing anything to improve the talent on the club.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Even if they have to cut this guy or KCon if they bring in someone else or someone like Wood makes the team, it's not like they'd have to eat a huge contract. I know we are a budget team but these contracts shouldn't keep us from doing anything to improve the talent on the club.

These guys are cheap and gives our D a bit of security in case of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad